Sign in to follow this  
JB

Strip Lambert of his Hall of Fame

As the title describes, I think we should remove Lambert of his hall of fame position. Yes, he did what he did for us, but after his near arrest today and obvious total lack of respect for Norwich City, what right has this man got to remain as one of us, engraved in history. None as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 2

Such a pantomime villain. Coming back as the head coach of our fiercest rivals and then behaving like that. And saying it was a "nothing" foul as your excuse to lash out. And to then state you have to fight and he wants his players to do that. Classless really. 

He seems like an old bitter man who has lost his class.

That said, he was brilliant when he managed us and we should never forget what he did for us in the past.

But yeah - he deserves the reception he gets now. Definitely burnt his "warm reception" card.

• Like 1

His behaviour today was undoubtedly poor, but that doesn't erase the 3 fantastic years he gave us, nor that he was a key part of our rejuvenation and spell in the premier league.

Bash him all you want for who he is now, but never forget what he did for us then...

• Like 1

Absolutely no class whatsoever. 

Farke had his number today. And his post match interview was everything Lamberts wasn't. Intelligent, morale, respectful and full of CLASS. He represents this club brilliantly.

Proud to be a yella.. 

5 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

His behaviour today was undoubtedly poor, but that doesn't erase the 3 fantastic years he gave us, nor that he was a key part of our rejuvenation and spell in the premier league.

Bash him all you want for who he is now, but never forget what he did for us then...

Have to disagree. That behaviour today proves how arrogant and mercenary he is. As he pointed out, he inherited a Championship club in League One. I truly now believe the club did more for him, then he did for us. 

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Absolutely no class whatsoever. 

Farke had his number today. And his post match interview was everything Lamberts wasn't. Intelligent, morale, respectful and full of CLASS. He represents this club brilliantly.

Proud to be a yella.. 

Yeh Farkes comments about not getting involved as he was concentrating on the pitch and the football was class. Left the handbags to Lambert. He had no need whatsoever to get involved, was just grabbing attention again.

What did surprise me though was how angry he was immediately upon getting to the dugout. Bloke next to me had brought some inflatable yellow and green snakes and shouting ‘judas’ at Lambert. I thought it was a poor idea and that Lambert would love it as he did when he returned to Col u, but he snapped straight away and told the guy to f*** off.

Didnt want to play the pantomime villain, nor the respectful returning manager. Just wanted to be a petulant child with no class whatsoever.

Ok, so back my original suggestion of stripping him of his honors, what do you think? 

2 minutes ago, JB said:

Ok, so back my original suggestion of stripping him of his honors, what do you think? 

No, I wouldn't give him the air time. Its done, he's shown himself up and will take Ipswich to League One. We don't need to embroil ourselves in his petulant antics.   

I think Lambert's big problem is that he thinks, with hindsight, leaving Norwich was a mistake for him, while Norwich has done alright without him, which probably makes it worse. 

I would not like to see his hall of fame status removed personally. He made a huge contribution to the club at the time and that stands. Removing honours for unrelated reasons all smacks a bit too much of rewriting history for my tastes. 

• Like 1

All the reasons that contributed to him getting on the hall of fame for us won't be changed by the job he's done since.

If anything I'd say his more recent work puts him first in line for a statue...

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, JB said:

Have to agree with Indy-Bones. The blokes arseholery nowadays shouldn't take away the good things he did for us in the past.

My argument would be is that he's disgraced his position on our hall of fame. Our knights of the realm have sir statuses reversed and taken away, so why can't this?

I certainly don't want my future children to think of him as a hero. Not any more 

Edited by JB

After taking us up to the Prem from League One and taking Ipswich down and finally ending their purgatory in the Championship? No. Keep him in there. He's an absolute ****, but he has managed salvage us and ruin them. 

I think Paul Lambert has taken Paul Lambert as far as Paul Lambert can go...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let the scum have him on their hall of fame. I certainly don't want him there any more 

I think he is very clever and maybe even took the opportunity to engineer the incident.

Ever since he rocked up at Portaloo Road, it's been about PR. Bringing in ex-players, paying for away travel etc.

Being sent off today did many things for him;

i) Endeared himself further to the farmhands - going down fighting and all that sh1te

ii) Detracted from the fact that he has not improved this team one iota and it was showing today

iii) Allowed him to distance himself from the second half performance and result

Maybe I am giving him too much credit and he is just an arrogant n o b jockey but, no there is no need to strip him of his HOF entry.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
To beat the prudish censor
  • Like 2

Tell you what was class - that cheeky wink of farke's... meanwhile....Lambert is being hassled and hurried by police and stewards. 

Brilliant. 

Thought much the same Drazen. It seemed like an over-reaction and a kind of engineered  anger and I reckon you've called this really well in your points. He may as well be their PR manager, invoking a glorious past, meeting former players etc etc. And that's because he certainly isn't being a good football manager. When you bring someone in like a new manager in the middle of a season you want a bounce. They have arguably gone flatter as a club. It's okay talking up your past but you need to build your future ( like Webber and Farke). The move in different directions could not be starker between the two clubs.

Evans is one big problem for them and so many of their fans don't realise. It's quite sad.

Before you start to build, you don't harden your attitude, you are open to self criticism, you accept where you are. Only then are you honest. In Lambert, I actually think they have the wrong kind of character for such a re - build. He believes he is a saviour. When with us he was building his brand. Now he is hanging on.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

What's the point? Would just fuel his ego and I would like to think we've all moved on

Nah. It'd give the bloke some more attention. He achieved what he achieved but is struggling to cope with the concept that we might be successful without him.

Glad he's been called out as 'classless'....we've known this for years, ever since his first return with Villa

Anyone who's actively tried to sue our club shouldnt have allowed to sit in the directors box after being sent off....should have instead been made to sit in the pink away dressing room or better still shown the door out of the stadium.

Horrible bunch of **** all over the pitch and in the dugout....hope they dont darken these doors again for many years

Don't agree with the original title, Lambert earned his place with possibly the best 3 seasons I'll ever witness back to back. But he's lost a lot of my respect since then, and even more now.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ian said:

What's the point? Would just fuel his ego and I would like to think we've all moved on

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nah. It'd give the bloke some more attention. He achieved what he achieved but is struggling to cope with the concept that we might be successful without him.

This. His time is over, but our future promises more than he could ever achieve with us. Let's not be like the binners looking into the past. Ignore him, move on.

If someone starts a petition on this I'll definitely sign it. His behaviour since he left has been disgraceful, shown no respect for the club whatsoever. I'm appreciative of his achievements during those great 3 years, but his actions since then...? Well his legacy is beyond tainted now surely. The guys got no class whatsoever, it's wrong that this odious little man is held up as a Norwich hero that's for sure.

Give him the benefit of  thedoubt and put it down to the heat of the moment.

Can't be too good knowing you are dropping into Div 1 where PL started