Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

The Derby in 15 Words

Ipswich played the opposite to my expectations, perhaps I was recalling McCarthy days, as I expected more "blood and thunder" effort rather than the controlled play they exhibited when they had periods when on top. They were, however, dirtier than I expected.It was a nasty game and we, at times contributed to some of that side of events. 

The differences between the teams were at both end of the pitch.Every time we attacked we looked dangerous, they were powder puff up front for the whole of the ninety. Our defense was solid and purposeful, theirs disjointed and mistake prone.

They did play some better stuff today than I expected, although the one TWTD poster who described their performance today as "superb" must either have very low expectations of his team or had worn an expensive, fresh pair of very blue-tinteds for the first time.

Others have said that they "outplayed" us.The scoreline says differently.We were not at our best,but were never outplayed when it mattered.

P.S.How glad I am that that hotheaded yob Lambert is no longer an ambassador, in any capacity, of our club.   

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Ipswich played the opposite to my expectations, perhaps I was recalling McCarthy days, as I expected more "blood and thunder" effort rather than the controlled play they exhibited when they had periods when on top. They were, however, dirtier than I expected.It was a nasty game and we, at times contributed to some of that side of events. 

The differences between the teams were at both end of the pitch.Every time we attacked we looked dangerous, they were powder puff up front for the whole of the ninety. Our defense was solid and purposeful, theirs disjointed and mistake prone.

They did play some better stuff today than I expected, although the one TWTD poster who described their performance today as "superb" must either have very low expectations of his team or had worn an expensive, fresh pair of very blue-tinteds for the first time.

Others have said that they "outplayed" us.The scoreline says differently.We were not at our best,but were never outplayed when it mattered.

P.S.How glad I am that that hotheaded yob Lambert is no longer an ambassador, in any capacity, of our club.   

It's a fair commentary on today's game, I can't condone aggression, but sometimes a bit of passion doesn't hurt either in respect to Lambo. People always go on about remaining professional, almost without feeling. I read a lot of support for Krul in his actions last week at Leeds and understand this, I want my players and managers to show emotion, not behave like robots.

We might not play against each other for several years but that's no bad thing, time to build tension for the next meeting 😁 

Edited by JUBWICKS75

Deluded farmhands soundly beaten, narcissist Lambert lost the plot, Farke winked his way to victory

Edited by kirku
wanted to
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Great support from the Tractor boys, no shame in today's result, same again next year

Bottom of league 1 you mean ?

15 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Next year? Newsflash....

Yeah when you fail in the play offs and we escape the drop !

• Sad 1

Woke at 4. Whats the score? 1-0 that'll do. Two more later. Mind the Gap!! 

Table in 2 Feb 10.jpg

Edited by Surfer

10 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I think this is known as “denial “.

i wish we could play you every week..except for the injuries that would mount up...

24 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

As you’re in this forum, do you think Lambert will be kept on next year assuming (for the sake of argument) you manage to leave the Championship this year?  Given the players brought in in January, how would you compare him to Hurst, (I think his league record is now inferior)?

6 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

As you’re in this forum, do you think Lambert will be kept on next year assuming (for the sake of argument) you manage to leave the Championship this year?  Given the players brought in in January, how would you compare him to Hurst, (I think his league record is now inferior)?

Lambert inherited a team which wasn't even competing, Hurst's gamble with lower league players had taken confidence out of the squad and the team was desperate for points. Saying that I think Hurst had a lot of bad luck in the first 10 games, dubious sending offs which only piled more pressure on a weak team, Walters came in, and then got injured to further stall any reprieve.

I think Hurst given a couple of breaks and a fit Walters would still be in post. Lambert couldn't do anything but damage limitation when he took over, until the transfer window opened, and this reflects his record.

The majority of the players brought in will not come down with us, but the u23 side has some promise, and I'm optimist to see some Town produced players next season in league 1, with Lambert molding them into an exciting team. I think Hurst would not have been able to do this and his people skills seemed lacking with senior players. 

We played well today, fingers crossed we can compete in a couple more games. Although the concern is that this was the last throw of the dice to boast the team and fans.

We played well today, fingers crossed we can compete in a couple more games. Although the concern is that this was the last throw of the dice to boast the team and fans.

I have to be honest with you and say that if that is you playing well then you haven't got a chance. I think most of us believe that we were below par today and our passing was a bit sloppy today. And that is why you hung in there for so long. In fact when Vrancic went off, I would have liked to have seen McLean come on as I don't think we were ever in trouble in defence.

To rely on someone who has scored 51 goals in well over 300 games is not going to keep you up.

If they lose at home to Derby (midweek) it would leave them needing around 1.7 points a game to hit 43 points.

Which over a season would mean 82 points

and they still have WBA, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Bristol, Brum and Forest to play

they are down, today was merely confirmation

5 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Lambert inherited a team which wasn't even competing, Hurst's gamble with lower league players had taken confidence out of the squad and the team was desperate for points. Saying that I think Hurst had a lot of bad luck in the first 10 games, dubious sending offs which only piled more pressure on a weak team, Walters came in, and then got injured to further stall any reprieve.

I think Hurst given a couple of breaks and a fit Walters would still be in post. Lambert couldn't do anything but damage limitation when he took over, until the transfer window opened, and this reflects his record. 

I see, so you've just been unlucky.... okayyyyyy.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

If they lose at home to Derby (midweek) it would leave them needing around 1.7 points a game to hit 43 points.

Which over a season would mean 82 points

and they still have WBA, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Bristol, Brum and Forest to play

they are down, today was merely confirmation

We all know this, I guess we can only hope that losing to these teams can hinder your chances of automatic promotion. There is a faint chance with Wigan, Bolton and Reading left to play, but it's very vert faint.  

6 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

We all know this, I guess we can only hope that losing to these teams can hinder your chances of automatic promotion. There is a faint chance with Wigan, Bolton and Reading left to play, but it's very vert faint.  

We're top, the only Team that can hinder our chances is ourselves. 

• Like 1