Sign in to follow this  
Necton Canary

Thought I would start a thread about something else for s change

Damien Francis

His worst game for Wigan. Like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

That''s what the ''Sun'' thought of Damien Francis at the weekend - perhaps it was a good deal selling him when we did.

[quote user="Maidstone Canary"]

Damien Francis

His worst game for Wigan. Like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

That''s what the ''Sun'' thought of Damien Francis at the weekend - perhaps it was a good deal selling him when we did.

[/quote]

That would be Damien Francis, who is currently ranked 40th in the premiership in the Actim Index (Its hardly accurate I know, but then neither is the sun) He has been a key part in their rise into the top six, and we sold him for a paltry 1.5 million! Good deal-your having a laugh!

A question, Francis or Jarret who would you rather have in the canaries midfield? thats assuming Jarret returns from Plymouth were he has been loaned out to because he is C!*p. Francis is the type of player we need at the moment, somenoe with grit and who can pass the ball to a player on his own team!

Francis had to go, he no longer wanted to play for us. But lets get this in perspective. Francis = Talented goalscoring midfielder, premiership standard, with a bad mental attitude. Jarrett = In the wrong job, with a bad mental attitude. The score on this one is Wigan 2 (Francis, Jarrett) Norwich City 0. 

This is also the same Damien Francis who didn''t give even 40% effort on the last day of last season and left the pitch laughing after we had just been relegated by an extremely humiliating 6-0 defeat. He could have all the same attributes as Lampard or Viera (which, for the record, he hasn''t) and I still wouldn''t want him in our team with that attitude. And yes I am serious, in my opinion our problems this season have been as much due to attitude as a lack of ability amongst individual players. It is an integral part of getting a team to gel and, again in my opinion, his was one of the worst attitudes I have seen for a while.  We don''t need players who are going to take the p**s out of us. 

you are absolutely right - he didnt want to play for us so we had to let him go.

BUT

Look at the dross signed to replace him - we have signed about 6 center midfield players without an ounce of creativity between them.  Id have a bad attitude Francis any day over the current crop of inept players.

Was Etuhu even on the park saturday or at millwall??

Who is to blame for all these poor signings???

''We don''t need players who are going to take the p**s out of us''

What is worse?  Damo who could perform well but was too laid back to be as good as he could be but in at least 60% of the games he played was a positive influence or to have a series of andy hughes, ian henderson, jim brennan, Jason jarrett who will work hard but have little or no impact in 80% of games?

Quality ahead of effort every time.

Yes Damo was poor at fulham - but so were 10 other city shirts that day. 

OTBC

Interestingly Francis'' behaviour was obviously an early indicator of the way that the dressing room was going at (F!)CR...Since he left it''s been downhill all the way.   I know that we''ve all pilloried the bloke for his lack of effort at Fulham but it takes a team to lose a game - he wasn''t the only one who let us down that day in May!!!!