Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Canary

West Ham boycott

I''ve posted this elsewhere, but to show that we want Worthy out, I think we should boycott the West Ham game for the following reasons:

A) Season ticket holders who have effectively already paid for their tickets to home games aren''t wasting money, nor are people who have already bought their tickets for Crewe.

B) The club would actually have the threat of missing out on new tickets sales, rather than just having empty seats already paid for.

C) It gives the fans time to buy tickets if the club get rid of Worthy in the meantime.

Other reasons that have been mentioned include the fact that all the national media will be there, BBC etc, as it''s FA Cup.

I think the biggest thing is that it''s really a threat of a boycott, the club could see the slow / lack of ticket sales, and realise what''s going on. They really wouldn''t want to risk an attendance of 10,000.

If they get rid of Worthy, it then means we can all buy our tickets in plenty of time.

This forces me into a dilemma. I cheered with joy when, for once, number 28, (were always number 28) came out of the hat first!! coinciding as it does with the birthday of my eldest daughter, i imagine her response was one of delight!! My kids will want to see the match, and i will want to take them, i will also want to make my feelings known to the board that i am very unhappy with the garbage they sell as football. What to do? A clutch  of tickets will cost me a bomb, post Christmas.. and i could do without  the expense, we will lose, probably heavily, thats a fact. Will Worthington still be in place?? If the board transcend total stupidity and delve into the realms of crass recklessness, yes. Thanks Delia and the gang, i need this headache.

fair weather  ok mate when at the end of the season we finish 17th with worthy in charge more useless cloggers in the team and Green and Ashton and Hucks gone....

Actually look at the team minus Green Ashton and Hucks

Ward

Colin Doherty Shackell Drury

Henderson Safri Hughes Brennan

Thorne Mckenzie

Bench

Gallacher McVeigh Fleming Charlton Louis Jean

hahahaha  now thats a side!!!

There is the future lads!!!  I cant wait.....................................

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]

Because there are still more supporters who support Delia/Worthy/Norwich City than fair weather supporters wanting them out

[/quote]

No 9 - Bly - its people like you who have contributed to this club being where it is at present.Wanting Worthy out is not a sign of a "fair weather supporter" and is not the same as NOT supporting Delia or wanting her out in any way, shape or form. One of the reasons fans have not been more vocal so far this season against Worthington is because it is portrayed as some kind of slight on Delia. This has kept him in a job longer than he has deserved.

I have massive amounts of respect and grattitude for Delia for what she has done but I support Norwich City Football Club not Delia Smith United and in my view what is best for NCFC is to remove this hopeless manager.

I am a season ticket holder but won''t be at West Ham unless Worthy is gone. Charlie''s Dad hopefully your dilemma won''t materialise as the threat of a boycott will be enough to force soem action. if I were you I would just leave it a while before buying tickets.

This is the worst idea that has ever been suggested on these boards. I will be going to the game along with 20000+ TRUE norwich fans. To even suggest something like this is ludicrous. Perhaps, if you don''t want to go to the game for other reasons, but not because of this...

I was going to do this anyway Hull Canary, unlike a league game, it won''t really matter as much (no points) this will send the right message to our thicko board.

Like others, if Worthy left, the issue wouldn''t arise.

Only real supporters would take this action, because missing games when we could go, hurts us twice as much as the fans who give in and go!..

for those that dont think it will happen, it will, but the only thing that will be up for debate is the amount of numbers involved. To have images of empty stands just wont happen, even if they do kids for a quid to boost sales. there are people on here who have said they wont be going - and i represent 4 more. the whole thought of being a fair weather or disloyal fan is ludicrous - i would do it to represent my view - we are not worth watching at the moment unless you enjoy watching us play like the dog and duck sunday team. at the end of the day i will be here long after every player and manager has departed, the thing that matters is the future of NCFC.

Id love to be there, living in reading and being a pennyless student i

hardly ever get to see norwich, ive supported them for more than half

of my life,12yrs, and always will, sometimes i wish i didnt but i

cant/wouldnt change it.  This doesnt mean that im happy with the

way things are, far from it.  Personally i think it is time for

Worthy to move on, but to be thanked for what he did achieve here, and

im frustrated that it seems to be friendships keeping him here,

everyone knows football is a harsh world and friends fire friends all

the time, im glad the club is run by caring ppl but this is taking it

way too far. But at the moment i feel so far away from the club i love

and i wish i could be there to see for myself just how bad things are

and to back up how i feel about certain players ability and

attitudes.  I cant be there so i rely on you lot to go and let the

rest of us know whats happening, also to let the manager and board know

how we feel and to let the players know there letting down people who

really care about the club theyre lucky enough to play for.

Emotional outpouring over...

You say to drum the message home to the board,

THERE ARE GOING TO BE LESS FANS AT THAT MATCH ANYWAY BECAUSE ITS A CUP MATCH!!!

So the board aren''t going to realise about this boycott unless you get it in the papers.

BACK WORTHY!!!

Why not go to the game, support the team (as you all claim to do anyway) and make your feelings known there? Those who went to Derby made much more of an impact than those whingeing on this board, and those who grumbled quietly in the corners at the AGM but were too gutless to stick their hands up and say anything.

If you''re not there, no-one will notice you. Boycotting games is for supporters whose directors are ripping the heart and soul out of the club. This is not the Chase era. Make yourself seen and heard and be proud of it, and stop hiding behind message-boards and ''stay-aways''. Anyone would think you''re scared of admitting what you think.

i have decided to boycott this game too.

Not necessarily as a direct protest at the management but the team in general. In my opinion, the players, including the untouchables e.g. Ashton, are as culpable for our predicament as the manager and coach. I''ve been to all home league games bar one and 7 away games and to be honest can''t face the drive up to Norwich to see more of the same (when I haven''t already paid for my ticket).

Its nothing to do with being loyal and true. The players owe us (not the opposite).

i agree king juan

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]

Because there are still more supporters who support Delia/Worthy/Norwich City than fair weather supporters wanting them out

[/quote]

You call me a fair weather supporter?  I have followed NCFC for as long as I can remember, and I am a season ticket holder, but I want to see Worthington go and will not be going to the West Ham match if he is still in charge.  Alongside the majority of people on the Official Message Board (I can only think of 1 KTFer left).

To also claim that only the 20,000 TRUE fans will turn up is ridiculous, where were they when we were getting crowds on 12,000 5 or 6 years ago?

Everyone with an ounce of sense has realised that it is time for Worthington to move on, he has done all he can.  His past achievements are admirable, but this season we have been made a laughing stock and his pre-season transfers are almost as bad.

Give me 1 GOOD reason as to why Worthington should stay, and take off your rose-tinted glasses.