Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Counting Chickens

I've counted the chickens on both sides and there are more in our team than theirs. Given the nature of the fixture, we need old heads on those young shoulders (preferably not TK's head) 😉

Looking forward to tomorrow, but wish it would hurry up and arrive already.

I still think we'll 'manage ' the game. Like Brum and Leeds last week, get an early lead and kill the game. At 2-0 we're probably safe, they don't have the quality to turn it around and while the crowd might want more,  we've got Preston in a few days.... That said, I'd like a repeat of Scunthorpe, a hat trick for Pukki, bring him off for Rhodes, who also gets 3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

I'm a bit worried about all the expectations of a thumping win that are being expressed by some on here.

I shan't be counting any chickens until they are all safely in the coop.👍🐓

nothing worse than egg on your face😉🐣

10 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I'll be there tomorrow and after last season's last-gasp equaliser I would much appreciate a comfortable victory by several goals. 

Ipswich are due a big loss we are due a big win at home,  i keep telling myself it will be the hardest game, we could even lose, but sod it, I'm going for a 6-0 win..

• Like 1

I think we have too much for them but in football the underdog always has a chance and things don’t always go to script. Remember the home games against Millwall and Bolton?

if we go behind I hope the crowd keep up their support.

Got all the makings of an upset.

Forget about league positins, form etc because in these games that all goes out the window.

They raise their game, we get complacent and anything can happen.

This is really it for them, one big fling with nothing to lose before relegation and probable oblivion.

Today is really all that they have got left to look forward to.

We might never play them in a league game again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

They raise their game, we get complacent and anything can happen.

Do you think that they're capable of doing that? I don't think that they've done that all season. 

• Like 1

Well, with the impressive firepower and fluidity we have within our squad, someone’s due an absolute tonking from us this season...

#JustSayin

I'm always a positive one regarding NCFC and even often feel quite confident that we are capable of romping this league. but my glass always nearly empties out  prior to EVERY game for some reason.

It is more the case with the cruciality of each encounter nowadays,  brought on by our success and the raised hopes this has led to.

Once tuned in, if I am watching in some way, reality and more confidence is usually not far behind the kick-off or our first showing of brilliant movement.

This game is no different in this respect.They could cause us problems, Lambert could manage to pull a rabbit from the hat.

After the first encounters, barring  a major mis-hap, I expect to be brimming with confidence of a decent victory.

However, I would settle for 1-0, and am unable to share the confidence of those more realistic posters who predict a thrashing.

Either way,win or lose,this one game should not alter the direction either club is moving in this season.We should remain among the favourites for automatics and they will remain firm favourites for the drop.

Just back late last night from Londinium and what a day of sport we have.

Top of the list of course is us and I am in Ricardo's court for this one. It will be too easy to predict a caning and be upset with a 1-0. And there are as many D's in the column as W's just recently so I am going to be more pragmatic than maybe others and say I would be delighted with 2-0. A clean sheet would be nice in a derby match.

Friday and yesterday's results were more or less in our favour so 3 points first and the rest can follow if it happens.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Nervous this morning, can't wait for it to be over.

Me too Ricky - you've only got to look at the Braintree-Salford result yesterday to illustrate anything is possible...🤯

One of my mates who has been super-confident all week is a bag of nerves this morning!

Me too Ricky and Drazen. Yet it's normal to have nerves when you think something should happen. Last week at Leeds we knew we had a fight. Thus time we know we SHOULD win against such a struggling team. What we all need is some quiet German confidence. It's a matter of knowing what we do and the quality of our product. 

Never in doubt. If you can’t appreciate how high we’re flying this season, and still feel apprehension, then god help you!

WE ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. RECOGNISE THAT! OTBC!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Never in doubt. If you can’t appreciate how high we’re flying this season, and still feel apprehension, then god help you!

OK Alex, I'll buy it!

We are the best team in the division and they are a Sunday Pub Team!😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

We were BANG ON, I said we’d give them a kicking, now stop doubting us you pessimists! OTBC!

57 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

We were BANG ON, I said we’d give them a kicking, now stop doubting us you pessimists! OTBC!

This team just keep taking the hurdles and making it look comfortable. I said at Christmas that if we were still in the top 2 or thereabouts after today, we’d go up and I think the lads are looking remorseless in the way they put other teams away.

• Like 1

My chickens are safely back in the coop, all three of them🐓🐓🐓

I think the feathers got in my computer and ****ed up my report😀

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I guess it’s just ingrained caution from many years of watching city. But the team have done it again and put us doubters to shame.

preston will be no pushovers so we can’t ease off.  but we’ve got to be favourites for auto promotion now 😀

• Like 1

On 09/02/2019 at 18:08, JF said:

Nah! Comfortable 3-0 or 4-0 win incoming 

Not saying I told you so, but! 🙄

• Like 1

Grow some **** fellow City supporters - when are you going to realise we’re the best team in the league?!

Wake up! No one can touch us! 🥊🥊🥊🥊

OTBC!