Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Counting Chickens

I'm a bit worried about all the expectations of a thumping win that are being expressed by some on here.

I shan't be counting any chickens until they are all safely in the coop.👍🐓

nothing worse than egg on your face😉🐣

• Like 5

If we’re going to lose tomorrow Ricardo, I’d rather just feel gutted after the game, and not the 24 hours beforehand too. Each to their own I suppose, but I’m an optimistic person, freak stuff happens but everything points towards a Norwich win tomorrow, and a decent one at that.

I'm certainly not counting anything. Yes the form book suggests a comfortable win but we all know football doesn't work like that certainly not with Norwich. It's a massive game for both clubs.

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

If we’re going to lose tomorrow Ricardo, I’d rather just feel gutted after the game, and not the 24 hours beforehand too. Each to their own I suppose, but I’m an optimistic person, freak stuff happens but everything points towards a Norwich win tomorrow, and a decent one at that.

Good for you, it makes it easier to sleep. Me, i worry before every game🤔

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Good for you, it makes it easier to sleep. Me, i worry before every game🤔

Relax my fellow City brother. I’m not saying we are going to win 5-0, but I’m expecting a minimum of 7 - by half time 👍

OTBC!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I'm a bit worried about all the expectations of a thumping win that are being expressed by some on here.

I shan't be counting any chickens until they are all safely in the coop.👍🐓

nothing worse than egg on your face😉🐣

That's binner talk.

Having been forced to carrow rd by my old for the past 40 years. I’ve transformed from a disinterested observer, into a wait all week for the game convinced that if I walked in through the right turnstile folding a man in a black coat we will definitely win. And have reached the pleasant state of just loving it. Win lose or die I’m Norwich til I die.

OTBC

Joking apart, I think this is the most relaxed I’ve ever been before a derby game. In previous seasons where we’ve not been at our best it’s probably gone to form and ended up 1-1 or similar. In our most celebrated recent years however, we’ve given them quite a kicking at times. This is no coincidence, and flies against the ‘form goes out of the window’ mantra that I often hear. They are where they are for a very good reason, just as we are where we are for a reason. I think to lose to them, they really will be banking on us having a player sent off in the 5th minute whilst giving a goal scoring penalty away at the same time. And that’s clutching heavily at straws from their point of view. We are having a wonderful season, and I truly believe we’d have to put in our worst display of the season for them to get something tomorrow. Our tails are up, we unquestionably have far better players - if you are of a superstitious nature, then you’d have to say the odds are heavily stacked against them. I have no fear of them.

2 minutes ago, yellowandgreen said:

Having been forced to carrow rd by my old man for the past 40 years. I’ve transformed from a disinterested  observer, into a wait all week for the game convinced that if I walked in through the right turnstile following a man in a black coat so we will definitely win. And have reached the pleasant state of just loving it. Win lose or draw I’m Norwich til I die.

OTBC

Edited by yellowandgreen

At some stage perhaps we could give a team a right good tonking (by 4 or 5 goals) and yet I would think that in a derby game this is unlikely. Perhaps the odd goal will separate the teams.

But you could see someone being on the end of a hiding if we really clicked and if, from so many of those dangerous situations we create, we translate these into goals.

If I had been watching us and a Binner defender, I would definitely be very wary, worried even.

I just do not see our players, being of a complacent mind. Other years, maybe different, but I cannot see a weak 'mental' link in our squad this season. If we play at 80% we will win, so as long as the players start off with a completely focused mind and see where that takes us!

I was actually feeling more nervous/apprehensive on September the 2nd last year - just before we played them 'down there'......Pretty confident of a hard fought win for us tomorrow........

All of Ipswich's defeats this season have been by 1 or 2 goal margins, bar two 3-0 defeats. There haven't been many "tonkings" in the championship generally this season. Yet, there has been a lot of posts on here expecting a chance to stack up the GD. Just focus on trying to win what's going to be a tough game. Agree with the OP, no counting chickens

1 minute ago, makham said:

All of Ipswich's defeats this season have been by 1 or 2 goal margins, bar two 3-0 defeats. There haven't been many "tonkings" in the championship generally this season. Yet, there has been a lot of posts on here expecting a chance to stack up the GD. Just focus on trying to win what's going to be a tough game. Agree with the OP, no counting chickens

As noted, if we were to hammer someone, it's unlikely in a derby game Makham.

Yet, you never know😉

• Like 1

Was going for 4-1 same as last time we were promoted Holt hat trick.  I think we will concede as is our wont.  Won £40 quid last time would love a stuffing to increase goal diff and overhaul Albion as top scorers.  But would take 1-0.  As we only need draw to go back to top any butterflies eliminated I just cannot see Ipswich win.

FFS man up people.

lambs to the slaughter tomorrow. Cant end any other way than a convincing win.

At half time last week as we applauded our players off the pitch I was struck  the focus and concentration on our players faces. Most did not even acknowldege the noise we are making. They are in a zone on match day and there is only going to be one outcome tomorrow.

See you all on Riverside at 10am for breakfast and a pint 

COYY

42 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Perhaps the only reason I am relaxed is that I won't be there! 😞 😞 😞 

I won’t be there ... defo not relaxed!!

Anyone who’s relaxed should check out recent results.., Sheffield U giving up a 3 goal lead as did Forest and today almost Birmingham bar a missed penalty.  I’d like a 4 or 5 goal cushion lads😀

30 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Whats the weather like tomorrow...hope it doesnt become a factor in dragging us down to their level?

Rain forecast. 

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Expect the un-expected or not 

If many people start expecting the unexpected, then the unexpected becomes the expected. Then if you insist on continuing to expect the unexpected then you're expecting what was expected in the first place. 

• Like 1