ok, i''ve always been a firm worthy outer, but recently ive realised, its not his fault Ashton doesn''t look interested, he''s obviously home-sick. and he cant help it if hucks wont have a go for fear of getting kicked up. Signing Wright (Ashton''s best mate) was obviously a last ditch attempt to settle Deano down and if it doesn''t work then sell him in Jan.Also sell Greeno - on Saturday he stared out some of the crowd quite aggressively when they got on his back. but also his heart hasn''t looked in it this season and he''ll want to put himself in shop window for world cup. and good luck to him, he''s been a good servant to the club. This season is a time to rebuild, does anyone really actually WANT to go up this season....we''ll get Hammered every week. Sign Dickson, and Robinson which both appear to be done deals anyway. Also a right winger, and a centre back, poss dav, poss not, great footballer but im not sure on his attitude, doesnt seem to be willing to really fight for the cause. Leave Mckenzie up front when he gets fit and give Ryan Jarvis some games with him, after selling Deano. Give him a chance and if he doesnt establish himself then his contract expires in summer anyway.

Forget this season, Lets just look forward to the next and give Worthington a chance to rebuild - if we''re in this position next season, then its time for him to move on.

[quote user="Tom Blazak"]

ok, i''ve always been a firm worthy outer, but recently ive realised, its not his fault Ashton doesn''t look interested, he''s obviously home-sick. and he cant help it if hucks wont have a go for fear of getting kicked up. Signing Wright (Ashton''s best mate) was obviously a last ditch attempt to settle Deano down and if it doesn''t work then sell him in Jan.Also sell Greeno - on Saturday he stared out some of the crowd quite aggressively when they got on his back. but also his heart hasn''t looked in it this season and he''ll want to put himself in shop window for world cup. and good luck to him, he''s been a good servant to the club. This season is a time to rebuild, does anyone really actually WANT to go up this season....we''ll get Hammered every week. Sign Dickson, and Robinson which both appear to be done deals anyway. Also a right winger, and a centre back, poss dav, poss not, great footballer but im not sure on his attitude, doesnt seem to be willing to really fight for the cause. Leave Mckenzie up front when he gets fit and give Ryan Jarvis some games with him, after selling Deano. Give him a chance and if he doesnt establish himself then his contract expires in summer anyway.

Forget this season, Lets just look forward to the next and give Worthington a chance to rebuild - if we''re in this position next season, then its time for him to move on.

[/quote]

Thats sort of what ive been trying to get across all season. Worthy is hardly faultless, his substitutions are baffling. And his transfer market skills have been lacking. But the players also have to shoulder some of the blame, I know its a bit worthy-esque, but the passion and commitment just havent been there as opposed to two seasons ago. Maybe its worthys fault, but he isnt on the pitch, the players still have go out and perform, and sadly they havent. This isnt a KTF post, more a "Theres more to our problems than worthy" post.

I''m trying to work out if you''re pulling my tadger Tom. It''s a great post either way!

If you''re serious, there''s some thought-provoking ideas there - not

agreeing with them all, but I wouldn''t be surprised by any of them

individually if they occurred. If it''s a wind-up, you show a wonderful

ability to laugh in the face of the pain of an horrific season, so far.

As regards wanting to go up, I always want to go up, I don''t

care if it''s pants results all season. I love the thrill of promotion

and I can''t help having this positive streak that kicks in about an

hour after a defeat and tells me that we''re going to be better next

time. I''d rather fluke a promotion and come back down, than take two

years to achieve it - I know that''s childish and short-termist, I just

can''t help it, I love the rush of success and the anticipation of the

next season.

Ah well, pipe dream over - for now - loved the post Tom, have you

offered to guide the good ship Carra to the promised land? Or are you

waiting for them to call you? Lots of ideas, and that''s been sadly

lacking lately from NCFC.

Ashton homesick? Surely that would have been obvious, were it to be true, before he put pen to paper to accept a new improved contract? Does being homesick make you a player who misses some , for a striker supposedley worth £7million, clear cut chances, i think not. He does not look overley interested in my oppinion, yet another one of our so called "stars " eager to throw their toys out of the pram now that we are in a slump i.e. Hucks and Greeno.

time for Worthless to rebuild and give him 12 more months is effectively what you are saying? Hmmm, interesting though, but isn''t that what he has been doing for the last 5 years, and we are now going backwards! IF we get say, £6million for Ashton and green (not likely i know), would you trust worthless to buy wisely, no, nor would i ( bearing in mind he would only probably have half of whatever we get to spend on replacements/loanees wages)

forget this season? To late mate, most of us already have.

I concur with this Tom only I used the word ''consolidate'' in a previous post.

Worthy may or may not be a good man manager but he will take action i.e., moving Jarrett and humbling Safri in the media. He is, however, hampered by too small a squad and a glut of below average players in some positions and a dearth of players in others: he has to accept the responsibility for that.

I expect a clear out and would love to see some fired up hungry young players brought in who do not all too quickly lose their appetite.

This club will move on quicker if it keeps control of it''s debt and salaries rather than underperform in relation to it''s costs.

I do support Worthy but I wholeheartedly agree that he has to review his policy with home grown young players. I would like us to be in a position, by January, to experiment.

1st Wizard may feel the club play with his emotions but you can be single minded and supportive when you realise sentiment in football is a limited commodity.