Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

The vultures are hovering again

It'd be interesting to see the list of scouts that watch us every week. Lewis, Godfrey, Aarons, Buendia, Leitner, and Pukki would probably be on the radar of most PL clubs.

Superb work from the academy, coaching and recruitment teams (past and present, I should add).

11 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

It'd be interesting to see the list of scouts that watch us every week. Lewis, Godfrey, Aarons, Buendia, Leitner, and Pukki would probably be on the radar of most PL clubs.

Yes quite.

However, apparently the manager of our next opponents doesn't know much about our team...….:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

How much will our player wage budget go up if we are promoted? £70m ? 

basically if we go up, we’ve got a team that already had a lot of Prem level players and we can offer them serious wages and first team football, so it will be that much harder for other teams to poach them. If we stay down we have to resign ourselves to losing a few and we need to reinvest the money wisely.

The vultures are hovering again......over Carrow Road.....

.....and bloated seagulls are circling over Portman Road......emptying their bowels........

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

How much will our player wage budget go up if we are promoted? £70m ? 

basically if we go up, we’ve got a team that already had a lot of Prem level players and we can offer them serious wages and first team football, so it will be that much harder for other teams to poach them. If we stay down we have to resign ourselves to losing a few and we need to reinvest the money wisely.

Our team in so many ways ICF looks fit for the Prem. And we should be able to keep the present team. And I firmly believe, if we go up, we can compete next year and stay there. A big statement I realise. 

Our style of play has just reminded me at times of Man City, lots of lovely interplay, deft touches, control under pressure. It's always dangerous to overegg and exaggerate. Yet I've not seen the style of play like I've seen for a long, long while.

How fantastic it is to support this team. The last 10 years have rarely had a boring moment.

For now though, 9 more wins needed! Starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

Aarons has the highest ceiling of all our youngsters I think. It is a slight shame none of the younger lot are strikers as we could make some serious cash with that...

Pukki is already 28 which puts a ceiling on any potential sale.

The price of £10m quoted for Godfrey in The Mirror is a joke. Both he and Aarons are £20m players and Buendia isn't far away from that. The fact that more than one club has an interest will be to our benefit but hopefully we'll go up and keep them all. I think the current team would survive in the Premier League. It's the best footballing team in the Championship since Bournemouth 

For me Emi Buendia is our most valuable player. I still can't believe we got him.

Lewis is probably just a better full back than Aarons. Godfrey is improving with every game.

If we get promoted and they keep it up in the PL they will all be top dollar by the end of next season. In that scenario we could probably name our price for Emi.

Just hope we go up then we might have chance of keeping them, Without these young players coming through we might go back to square one

Indeed Hucks we need that conveyor belt to keep on turning. I can see a couple of our current squad playing in the EPL next season , even if not with us.

Edited by Capt. Pants

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Lewis is probably just a better full back than Aarons.

I think they are pretty even but Aarons has 6 months less experience which is amazing. I think will easily be Premier League quality but I think Aarons could be a regular for England.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

For me Emi Buendia is our most valuable player. I still can't believe we got him.

Lewis is probably just a better full back than Aarons. Godfrey is improving with every game.

If we get promoted and they keep it up in the PL they will all be top dollar by the end of next season. In that scenario we could probably name our price for Emi.

Getting Buendia is even better when you consider he was suppose to be going to Leeds but they delayed making a deal and Norwich swooped. 

For me, Aarons is ahead of Lewis in both current ability and potential.

Aarons and Lewis will be able to command bigger fees due to their homegrown nature. If the FA don’t sort out the work permit rules Emi won’t be compliant after March and British clubs will be unable to sign him (or Norwich give him a contract extension). 

Shouldn’t we be working on a contract extension ASAP if it can’t potentially happen after March? Or are you saying he won’t be able to play for us at all?

13 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

The vultures are hovering again......over Carrow Road.....

.....and bloated seagulls are circling over Portman Road......emptying their bowels........

Think you'll find the scummer seagulls are starving like their team and town.. the only thing bloated at Poormans is Marcus Evans and the size of his 'loan'

11 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Shouldn’t we be working on a contract extension ASAP if it can’t potentially happen after March? Or are you saying he won’t be able to play for us at all?

He’ll be able to play until the end of his contract which is 2022 whatever happens with work permits. 

Chances are there won’t be an issue as he has an EU passport and his rights will be protected in transition (although what happens if we go no deal is still a little foggy). 

There are still unknowns as work permit rules have always been seperate from normal visa rules  

The real issue for Norwich is if the FA use Brexit as a chance to impose very strict rules on overseas players and with a squad largely made up of non-British players Norwich may be more negatively effected than others. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The real issue for Norwich is if the FA use Brexit as a chance to impose very strict rules on overseas players and with a squad largely made up of non-British players Norwich may be more negatively effected than others. 

If that happens, the EU topic on this forum would go into meltdown.