Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Nice piece about tomorrow's match.

59 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

As a Town fan I think the article is a little Ipswich heavy, but I guess we're a country that loves an underdog, unless your Norwich city supporter in this senario! 

Who does Senario play for?

1 hour ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

As a Town fan I think the article is a little Ipswich heavy, but I guess we're a country that loves an underdog, unless your Norwich city supporter in this senario! 

Is either NCFC or ITFC interested in him?

If so it would make an interesting scenario.

Sorry fellow budgies. Couldn't resist it.

Another ignorant (in many ways) binner giving us the value of his wisdom on our forum.

Nb. To JUBWICKS75  ... "your" an Ipswich Town supporter then? Have you been so since before or after you left school?

Edited by BroadstairsR

This JUBWICKS75 chap is spending an unhealthy amount of time on here but i wonder if he will be around tomorrow afternoon ?

As for you Smithy reading The Times it did raise an eyebrow. 😜

34 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This JUBWICKS75 chap is spending an unhealthy amount of time on here but i wonder if he will be around tomorrow afternoon ?

As for you Smithy reading The Times it did raise an eyebrow. 😜

I'll be around, I'm not on here to create an argument, or exchange insults, rather just to see the opinions of NCFC fans of our plight. I'd much rather be in a situation where tomorrow's match was more even, but the league doesn't lie and you've done extremely well.

• Like 1

I think you have a very good idea of the opinions of your plight on here. For the avoidance of doubt i personally hope you end up in Division two if not even lower down the football pyramid.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I hope too many people pay don't for the Times paywall. it's a rip off, as with many of the other papers that charge a fee

They bung it in with the paper. Usually only look at it if I think a piece might be of interest to forward and wouldn't pay for it separately.

There's nothing like reading a paper in bed with a nice cuppa......

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Could be the weather that gives  the drama tomorrow, it looks a dire forecast to say the least. Still, Town fans shouldnt worry about wet boggy conditions, tractor tyres have decent tread i guess.

2 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I'll be around, I'm not on here to create an argument, or exchange insults, rather just to see the opinions of NCFC fans of our plight. I'd much rather be in a situation where tomorrow's match was more even, but the league doesn't lie and you've done extremely well.

Personally I feel your plight is slightly self inflicted, for various reasons: 

Your club previous successes (as good as it was) was a long, long time ago, few ippo fans I know can actually relate to it. However, due to a continual desire (understandably so I suppose) of being seen as a heavy weight in this division by your fans (the older generation), it has become a millstone around your necks. Never can an ipswich team run out at poorman road without being constantly reminded of it with the banners etc. It must eventually suck the life out of your team. It is used as a measure and one that is unfair on your current players.

Secondly, (the part I struggle to understand) is that despite this complex, your fan base is placid / laid back with your sad plight (which has gone on for many years now) to the point of being horizontal. I know our fan base would have protested, marched and made quite clear we were not happy with the situation, had it been the other way round.   You lot just seem to accept it......bizarre!

Relegation, when it comes to you will hit you like a steam train. The general feeling down there appears to be 'if Norwich City can do it, so can we'. It's not like that. Contrary to popular belief we did not have parachute payments either.

We had an average of 24-25,000 home gate, sold out away at every ground and a first day demonstration by two unhappy customers returning tickets to our then manager. The message was delivered from the stands and taken on board. Weather people thought it was appropriate or not! Our support has made their feelings known on many occasions in the past, and good on them.

The 3rd Division will hurt you and you will either get lucky with early promotion or drift along for several years. What is for sure, is that your support, unless they can back the current team and not hold them up constantly to the light of yesteryear, will not assist one bit in your struggle.

Good luck...…...I suspect you may need it!