Sign in to follow this  
splendidrush

Presser..

Has anyone seen Lambert's pre- match press conference? Didn't want to talk about Norwich, when asked about Pukki, he said 'I don't know much about him ' everyone was aiming at his link with us but he wasn't biting.  No idea what players are fit or otherwise and he was very short with Paddy Davitt, stared him down, 'we're  coming to win' was his response.... Pure theatre. 

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Apologies, he said 'I'm coming to win ' which shows it's all about him. Best to just ignore him then. 

It's definitely about him and he's probably loving the attention, highlighting his profile.

If they scrape a lucky draw on Sunday, his head will be so large he will be leaving Carrow Rd via the Barclay/South Stand gate!

It would be pure class if we win and only cheer on our team, ignoring him.

Did we hate Ron Saunders and John Bond as much as Paul Lambert for moving to "bigger" clubs? Asked this on another thread- I genuinely can't remember, but don't think so, even after Bondy thrashed us!

It's about having grace Ncfcinnit and Lambert has little. That is partly because as an individual you tend to form a view that he is very defensive, on guard and it's all about keeping away feelings from being publicly disclosed. 

Bond and others have spoken about having affinity with us. Lambert never has. Perhaps we were just another job. As fans, we use and express  our emotions. Even though it would actually strengthen him and the way he carries himself, communicates with others, it would help him enormously just to be quietly generous and then say he has moved on. It appears he is simply unable. He holds something back. It's a kind of pride and I'm sure he will think strength. But it's anything but for me. Perhaps he will mellow by the time he is 60. We often do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

It was the manner of how he left us, which seems to be at the heart of it all.

Oh, and don't forget Mike Walker!

I remember there were a lot of people who were not happy how Mike Walker left us.

However, I agree it is the manner in which he (PL) has behaved since first going to villa that annoys.

John Bond (if I recollect correctly) Saw Man City as a big jump and perhaps it was. I recall him coming back for some of our players which was  disappointing but inevitable. Bond was a big character in football at a time when social media was nil.

Sunday's match is not about Paul Lambert is all about Norwich City and 3 points - how Pl would love the focus of the fans to be off the game and on him.

Just get behind the team and leave the rest to the players.

• Like 1

His body language speaks volumes, arms folded a lot of the time when interviewed shows the tension in him and that he is holding stuff back.   Basically he looks to be a shy man with nothing much to say and who is living on how he set up at Colchester and Norwich as a fighter and competitor and with people around him to make up for his deficiencies.  Obviously is personable on a one to one level with players but since trying to step up from Norwich it hasn't really worked for him and that is his problem - he reached his peak at Norwich and his methods have not got him anywhere since.

How will it work on Sunday will be interesting to see, but as a manager, he needs to have some success where he is or it will likely be his last job as a manager.  I don't think he's up to the task at 1p5wich - no Culverhouse, no Holt, no Carsa, no Hoolahan, nothing to really latch on to, with owners who are the opposite of what he needs. 

I would quite like to see him doing well somewhere and looking more positive as a person and a manager but to me he looks like a captain in charge of a ship he knows is sinking.

We remain to be and are likely to ever be the only club he tastes managerial success at. He done fantastically for the club and for that we should be grateful. But the club always has a future and exciting times to look forwards to, The same can’t be said for his managerial career which is now in its last throw of the dice. There’s an incredibly strong chance that after this encounter our paths will never meet again.

He meant so much to us and yet we don't mean that much to him it seems. And he doesn't realise that. There is a certain sadness that he cannot celebrate the past for what it was.

JF you are right in saying that everything moves forwards too.

It does seem it was a management team that gave us that amazing period of success, L with Culverhouse and Karsa.  He's never really been successful anywhere else, neither at Prem level nor below.

A bigger man would be able to hand it with more grace now.  But a bigger man would probably have gone on to success elsewhere.

• Like 1

I don't really care what Lambert is saying in the media. If there isn't a small part of him that remembers his time with us fondly then, well, he must be a psychopath.

He simply HAS to say what he's saying to press et al as he is managing our nearest and dearest rivals now. It's obvious he's not going to talk about Norwich in this instance. If you met and chatted with him privately (after he gets the ol heave ho from Ipswich) he'd surely admit that being here was his best and most successful time as a manager.

Anyway. As we've been saying... Let's forget Lambert and cheer our coach and team on to a glorious victory on Sunday!

He's just a charmless d*ckhead with an over-inflated opinion of his very limited ability and living off the last scraps of his one period of success...if you ask me. 😂

Apples

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's odd isn't it that Alex Neil always speaks well of his time here. Decent bloke.

• Like 1

Either he's bluffing (quite possible) or we really are in with a decent chance of giving them a hiding because he basically said he doesn't really know a lot about us, won;t be setting up his team to try and counter our strengths at all and just intends to "go for it" and go for the win like he has done in every game (obviously not very successfully with Ipswich).

It had the real air of a dinosaur about it and I felt quite sorry for him actually but can't help think its all an act and he's got something up his sleeve.

I know the sc*m like to think we've made up the whole "importance of Culverhouse" thing since we went there but I know for a fact that when Lambert was our manager he was not even at the training ground on several days of the week and Culverhouse did all the training. O'Neil used to do similar as well. they are very much talisman/figurehead motivational type managers rather than coaches who rely on the team around them. That's not to say that "it was all Culverhouse" but more that they were a combination with different attributes who dovetailed particularly well. It seems no coincidence that Lambert seems to have retained many of his motivational qualities but doesn't seem to be able to coach a defence and also appears to have lost his knack for in game subs that had a huge impact when he was with us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

He's just a charmless d*ckhead with an over-inflated opinion of his very limited ability and living off the last scraps of his one period of success...if you ask me. 😂

Apples

C'mon Apples, tell us what you really think...

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Either he's bluffing (quite possible) or we really are in with a decent chance of giving them a hiding because he basically said he doesn't really know a lot about us, won;t be setting up his team to try and counter our strengths at all and just intends to "go for it" and go for the win like he has done in every game (obviously not very successfully with Ipswich).

It had the real air of a dinosaur about it and I felt quite sorry for him actually but can't help think its all an act and he's got something up his sleeve.

Given that his first team coach is Matt Gill, Lambert will certainly know a lot about us, far more in the way of inside information than anyone watching training through binoculars could possibly provide! He also has a potentially quite potent set piece weapon in the form of James Collins. 

5 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

It's starting to look like they've gone back to the MickMac model of management. Apart from the charm offensive of course.