Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

This message board is for old gits.

It''s the evening and this message board gets updated about as often as Roy Wallers wardrobe, why?

I assume it is a supply and demand thing. Archant do not supply moderators because there is no demand.

Mid to late morning, now thats something else, why?

It is probably because this board is really the home of the ''old git.''

Retired, the average poster crawls out of his pit at about nine in the morning, takes his medication and rubs himself over with a wet flannel before driving the quarter mile to a supermarket to buy up the best of the special offers and a copy of the EDP.

By ten thirty he is squinting at the sports section over a cup of tea and a couple of dunked biscuits (so they are easier to chew).

By eleven he is at his ancient computer tapping out his discontent to the regiment of moderators ready and waiting for the sub geriatric whinge surge and the message board fairly hums with activity.

As for everyone else they occasionally get to sneak a peak time message in when the boss isn''t watching, on their days off they are too bloody busy to spend time either on the message board or fighting their way through combative old gits at the supermarket, by the time they get the time it is the evening again and the board is like watching paint dry.

Come on Archant, give us a break.

Rudolph

Maybe there are a few geriatrics on here, depends what age you define as old I guess.  Can only speak for those I know, most of them are either at work (and have access to a computer, whether they should be on it or not), or at home on a day off (and some of us do have other things to do on the internet, so why not post on a couple of threads while you are there).  I have to admit I can do lots cos I am a trained typist 60+ wpm.  He he [:)]

It''s a shame there isn''t more activity in the evening, but the mods do have homes to go to and lives beyond working on this!  I couldn''t condemn someone to moderating this stuff night after night, could you? 

Sadly folks, I will be not be gracing this board with quite the same frequency soon as I am going to be v busy, so will be posting only at night!  No, don''t all take it like that, will still be able to keep up with the news and even go to a few games  [;)]

Rudolph,  I think your post is one of the most humorous I have ever read.

Judging by your observations I shall keep my curtains closed until after you have gone to work in future!

Just one thing, young man(!), I believe most old gits like me have their EDP delivered. The only time we will go into town that early in the morning is to get our repeat prescriptions or corn plasters from Boots - if we can manage the pain from the bunions and arthritis.

And to carry on your observations slightly further: by 2.30 we are having a kip on the settee and by 6.30 we are drinking our cocoa in our pyjamas before wandering off to bed.

Must go, I have a dentist''s appointment at 12 for my new set of gnashers!

1st Old Git here, Red Nose!.

It may come as a huge shock to you Rudolf.....and others, but in the evenings, unless City are playing,  football takes a big back seat to my many other hobbies, and I also talk to Mrs wiz as well!.

Yes, I am retied, but with my aquarist hobby, movies, theatre and model making, I have a full and varid life without coming on here to read utter tripe like your thread matey!.

My PC isn''t a year old yet, a bit like your mental age. 

I rarely get to bed till after midnight, and usually rise before 7am, I''m not unigue in this, thousands do his every day!.

I assume you are a spotty youth, who fears old age. Well, if you''re blessed, it will come to you one day, enjoy the dunked biscuits, I myself  have a carrot mid morning!.

Oh yeah, a big well done to Archant, the message board now works lovely, cheers.

You seem to be well versed in the routine of " old gits "  Hucker !  speaking from personal experience eh ? 

I`m in the " fortunate "  position  being  self employed  , and  obtaining orders via the internet is part of my business ....  so I can always fit in   a bit  of this forum  during  lulls  ......   aint I lucky ?  LOL

Well, I anticiated a git backlash and I suppose things won''t die down until the early afternoon nap.

I feel like Worthy, riding out the storm. I am so pleased I can take some of the heat off Nigel.

And oooh! Having it implied that I am a young man, well comparitively, just young at heart I suppose.

Yet another "Old Git" response for you Rudolph :-

When I was working I left home before seven in the morning and arrived back after five in the evening, so I was  then,as you are now, disinclined to post because the board was at that time active.

When I retired, due to a combination of ill health and old age , I decided to start and subscribe my two pennyworth to this forum.

My intention was to replace the friendly banter and football chat that I used to enjoy at work.

Fat chance of that nowadays, most posts are concentrating on slagging off either our club, our players or even fellow posters. You have now compounded this by adding an ageist theme to it all.

For your information I have a modern computer, I rise before seven every morning, don''t drink tea or dunk biscuits.

I am also respectful  of peoples ages, young or old, there is much to be learned from both and nobody is responsible for their age are they ?

There are so many directed personal comments on this board.

I make a general observation and find myself bombarded with insults by individuals who readily associate themselves with the subject material.

It seems that a little gentle ribbing brings out the average ''old git'' faster than a bread delivery van in a blizzard and I bet those teeth are still clenched as they soak tonight in a glass of sterident.

Yet again tonight there is a void of postings although I am sure the productive classes are busy e-mailing their points of view.

Late morning, however, when I posted before going off to work my submission was on the page quicker than a blue badge on a dashboard.

Incidentally, how has 1st Wizard suddenly transmogrified into Johnny Depp; and for that matter, why?

This board really is primarily for the old gits, by the time this and other posting appear they will have forgotten what happened yesterday and gone off on new threads. Mind you, tomorrow is Saturday so others might just get a look in.