Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Don't under estimate them

Just hope we don't under estimate them on Sunday, on paper it looks like we should destroy them but it can be hard playing bottom teams  they will raise their game so just hope the players don't think it will be easy .lots of hype as usual but if we play like we did last week we should not have a problem  but this potentially could be a banana skin game. Ideally we would kill game off by half time 

6 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Just hope we don't under estimate them on Sunday, on paper it looks like we should destroy them but it can be hard playing bottom teams  they will raise their game so just hope the players don't think it will be easy .lots of hype as usual but if we play like we did last week we should not have a problem  but this potentially could be a banana skin game. Ideally we would kill game off by half time 

Couple of points, there's no way Farke will underestimate them, we probably won't destroy them, our game management has come on a bundle since Brum and we're unlikely to risk injuries pushing for more goals when the game is won.

I don't think we'll underestimate them. But regardless of the fact they'll attempt to turn it into a clogfest, I think we'll thump them.

I'm most pleased we have heard nothing from players or manager this week. Barely a peep, just the usual hyping up by journalists. It was the same pre-Leeds.

That is what is do great about our manager and Sporting D at the moment. Just getting on with preparations and then the customary Friday lunchtime press meeting. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I'm most pleased we have heard nothing from players or manager this week. Barely a peep, just the usual hyping up by journalists. It was the same pre-Leeds.

That is what is do great about our manager and Sporting D at the moment. Just getting on with preparations and then the customary Friday lunchtime press meeting. 

So we won’t be getting  any interviews with Russ Martin ?

You only have to look at the FA cup to see that there are no certainties in football. Derby games are great levellers, anything we get will be hard earned.

• Like 2

I'm not sure we have underestimated anyone this season.

DF appears to be the opposite and long may it continue. He is polite in his assessments of the opposition pre game, and as a club we tend now, not to get involved in derby hype.

Early goals for City, then control the game out will do nicely.

Early goal will be the key imo , as it is in many games... I am convinced DF will not treat this game differently and he doesn't need to tell the players what it means to the fans.

I am confident there will be a well thought out game plan in place  and ipsh!t do not have the personnel to come and spy on us :classic_wink:...I reckon

From being known for scoring last minute equalisers and winners, we've suddenly gone the other way with 6 of our last 10 goals coming in the first half.

I'm with Midlands Yellow; best not to over-estimate them!

Yes it's a derby, however we're playing the worst team in the division. Ignore Paul Lambert & let's see a clinical execution of the task...

Derby games are usually a leveller   ... but can we sink that low? They cannot raise a game much, that's for sure.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

You only have to look at the FA cup to see that there are no certainties in football. Derby games are great levellers, anything we get will be hard earned.

actually not

that's why they have not won in 10 years

Well, listening to Paul's press conference, He's certainly talking the talk. My only hope is he has not got the team to walk the walk ! 

Sound like he will not sit back, but come at us, could be a very interesting game.

Lambert talks a good game, the idea that his Team will try harder, run faster or be more of an attacking threat poses two questions, why haven't they been doing it all season? and what has changed in the last week that makes him think that he can suddenly switch on a performance to beat the top Team away from home?