Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Top vs Bottom

I was wondering what the biggest gap was between us and them previous to this derby, with the advantage being their way?

They had a run in the mid to late nineties finishing better than we did, maybe 95-96 when we finished lower mid table.

I very much doubt we'll be top on Sunday.

A Sheff U win &/or a Leeds draw/win will see us drop to 2nd or 3rd.

9 hours ago, K Lo said:

I very much doubt we'll be top on Sunday.

A Sheff U win &/or a Leeds draw/win will see us drop to 2nd or 3rd.

Sheff U are away at Villa tomorrow night so by no means a given they'll win.  Leeds are away at Boro, Leeds recent away record is pretty poor.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets a result to push us down, but equally I wouldn't be surprised if they both lose.

Either way it's in our own hands, we'll know by Saturday night what we need to do to be top come Sunday afternoon.

It would certainly be great if we were still top going into Sunday’s game, and able to create a bit of a gap.  I reckon we’ll be 2nd after Sheff U and Leeds get draws.  

Next week’s two matches are very tricky, particularly on the back of a run against ‘better’ teams - those and the Ippo game are classic banana-skins if we aren’t on our game.

On 06/02/2019 at 21:15, Thirsty Lizard said:

That article mentions that they’ve been in the championship for 17 years. You almost think you’d be a bit excited about relegation after that long - mix it up a bit! 

I always think the same with Everton - what’s the point? Same old same old. Rarely in a relegation battle. Never win anything. Must be thoroughly dull after so long.