Sign in to follow this  
Bill

points neeed

On 07/02/2019 at 15:40, Bill said:

I think we are an almost certainty for the playoffs - needing just the five more wins and a few draws.

However given how there is often a far greater gap between 3rd and 6th yet both are in the mix I'm sure all of us will be looking at automatic as things stand. That's not being over confident or tempting fate, it's merely a reflection of how things are.

We are top with what could be seen as an easier run in than the others and no injuries to key players. Even with the latter we have seen Godfrey, Trybul and Vrancic excel themselves when called into the team..

To paraphrase other words the victory at Elland Road was won on the playing fields of Colney - as nor only have the players developed a more 'in your face' and aggressive style but against each team they play they know how to deal with that team's threats and they know how to exploit that team's weaknesses.

For Leeds the current total suggests Leeds achieving 87 points (average per game) so it would seem we need 88. My thought however  is that 2nd place maybe a bit lower and we will achieve more than 88.

So as Holmes would say " the games afoot* Watson"

* 30.84 cms

Not too bad with nearly 12 weeks/15 games still to go at that point

If Leeds beat the binners, then it will be 86 not 87 (one point out)

We have achieved more than 88

Although a bit out on on second place - unless Sheff Utd lose on Sunday, so

Hooray for Bill (I hear you cry) 😀