Sign in to follow this  
Canaries4ever

TRANSFER NEWS : Deal Agreed with Reading for Ashton

Championship leaders Reading will sign Norwich City forward Dean Ashton for a reported 1.5 Million plus Reading Midfielder James Harper. If all contracts are agreed then the deal will be completed in January, both clubs have been working hard behind the scenes with Reading manager Steve Coppell seeing Wigan Midfielder Alan Mahon as a perfect  replacement for Harper.

Radio Berkshire Sports News

Total balls, I promise you.

Theres plenty of bigger clubs than Reading after Ashton and if he was allowed to leave it would not be for some pathetic bid like that.

He is worth twice what we paid for him as things stand (proven in the

Premiership, improved as a player) and we don''t want or need to sell

him. That means we''d want 8 million before we''d even look at it. Just

remember, Peter Crouch cost Liverpool 7 million - would anyone swap him

for Ashton? (and I do rate Crouchy)

What a load of twaddle. We paid 3 mil for him and there''ll no doubt be a sell-on clause as well. Do you really thing that Norwich would throw away 1.5 mil.? I think my hat is safe if I say "It ain''t gonna happen".

Next.

[quote user="Canaries4ever"]

Championship leaders Reading will sign Norwich City forward Dean Ashton for a reported 1.5 Million plus Reading Midfielder James Harper. If all contracts are agreed then the deal will be completed in January, both clubs have been working hard behind the scenes with Reading manager Steve Coppell seeing Wigan Midfielder Alan Mahon as a perfect  replacement for Harper.

[/quote]

To add to what has already been said..

Many posters believed that worthy was on a 5 year contract when it was posted, please dont believe this. Im not even going to go into how implausible it is (Mahon to reading?! Purleeeze)

Absolute Rubbish,

I'' ve never seen anything so funny since watching Delias famous speach. If ashton goes to Reading for that amount in January, i will watch the east anglian derby at carrow Road with the scum fans

Didn''t you hear that Real Madrid are after Ipswich''s star defender Fabian "We''re the best team in the league" Wilnis for a reported £2.75 and tepid cup of coffee??  Gospel truth, I heard it from Sheepsh**er''s milkman''s next door neighbour''s vet. [:P]

People on a wind up mission ought to try harder!

And the name "Canaries4Ever", a bit obvious, a bit "I''m still at school and support Ipswich".

Next...

[quote user="Canaries4ever"]

[/quote]

snore...........................

if norwich did that, gates would drop and more money would be lost

we cant sell ashton, he is our strikeforce