Sign in to follow this  
Mark1976

Don’t boo lambert...

Celebrate that one of Norwich’s  best managers is now successfully keeping Ipswich at the bottom of the league!

Paul Lambert is one of us!

Are we big enough at the next two matches to celebrate two managers who took Norwich to the Premier League? Hopefully, it will be a hat trick and the third involved in these games will emulate his two predecessors.

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Just treat him with destain 👍

Will that get rid of the bin whiff?

It would be a good spectacle and probably quite impactive to both teams and supporters, if the whole ground (or at least the noisy bits) just supported the team loudly and passionately throughout the game.

However, there will be a large anti Lambert contingent singing particular songs that have swirled around Carrow Rd for the last few weeks and in a sense, who can blame them?

What there is no doubt of is that the atmosphere, despite the stupid start times, will be pumped up and should be electric.

Bring it on!

Can’t really see the point treating him any differently to any other returning manager/player.  We had a good run under him, he left and that’s it. I neither expect him to booed or cheered, tbh.

Should they do the unexpected and win, and he came on the pitch ‘doing a Wilder’ he would quite rightly be booed though.

• Like 2

If he had dragged them out of the bottom three I expect the reaction would be quite vocal. As it is, his star has waned somewhat and I would expect most rational fans to treat him with the indifference he deserves.

A solitary, but loud shout of JUDAS, Dylan style, during a lull will suffice. Let it echo through the stadium. 

• Haha 1

Lanbert left under a cloud and was a little disgruntled.  If it wasn't for City he would not have been given the task of reviving Villa, a thankless task.  But like Danny Mills forgets that City was a factor in his career the fact that as a manager since leaving he has proved to be poor is down solely to Lambert's inabilities.  If we was to show a degree of humility and showed that the role City played in his managerial career he might have retained City supporters good faith.  But joining Ipswich and bad mouthing City means he deserves appropriate stick on Sunday.  Best way is to beat Ipswich on Sunday a handsome score and performance to show how much this side is better than the team of 2010/11.  

He had his chance for a respectful welcome back when he turned up with Villa. But he's done nothing since the start of that game to leave any other impression than he was glad to be somewhere else. So let's help him go back to where he's been before - League 1. 

The question one has to ask themselves is - would you have Lambert back as manager?

My answer would be a big NO because hes a spent force as a manager as his record since leaving Norwich proves. Add in the facts hes not getting any younger and has made lots of money means his desire has declined.

I'd of said exactly the same even before he took the job at Portakabin Road. Hes now just a mercenary taking advantage of a car crash of a football club.

Booing him will only inspire him on Sunday!

Treating him as a complete irrelevance is the best way on Sunday as that will irk him more than boos which will only boost his ego! 

He clearly loves playing devil's advocate. Don't let him have it. 

He's not a threat and he's no longer relevant. Don't give him the pleasure of thinking he is. 

He'll spend many a midnight hour laying awake wondering why nobody cares enough to hate him anymore...and we shouldn't hate him. 

18 minutes ago, kingsway said:

The question one has to ask themselves is - would you have Lambert back as manager?

Waveney, get over here.

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Can’t really see the point treating him any differently to any other returning manager/player.  

Really? No iota of distinction  there?

6 hours ago, NCFCInnit said:

Are we big enough at the next two matches to celebrate two managers who took Norwich to the Premier League? Hopefully, it will be a hat trick and the third involved in these games will emulate his two predecessors.

Gotta be innit to NCFCwinnit

Great plan, and a delicious  extra meaning to celebrating Mr PL

What’s not to NCFClike!

I like the 'Paul Lambert is one of us' narrative as it doesn't allow him to revel in the pantomime villain role he uses to deflect the focus away from his players, while at the same time it would really get under the skin of the ipswich fans, especially if we are a couple clear at the time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

He had his chance for a respectful welcome back when he turned up with Villa. But he's done nothing since the start of that game to leave any other impression than he was glad to be somewhere else. So let's help him go back to where he's been before - League 1. 

100% this.

He thought he was bigger than Norwich and larged it up when he had winning returns with Villa. Why the hell shouldn't we give him maximum grief on what's likely to be a bit of a break from each other ?

Just ignore him - I couldn’t care less about Paul Lambert. As soon as he signed for them I lost all respect. I don’t even see the point I using his name is disparaging songs. Ignore him and he’ll hate it.

Our awesome players deserve 100% noise in their direction, not Ipswich's.    

Get behind the lads get em over the line.   Our promotion over their relegation.

Edited by ged in the onion bag

To totally steal Lambert's thunder i would like to see a huge table in the middle of the pitch. Daniel Farke being carried shoulder high towards it, where he will sign a new contract. Job done...

I've been to a few matches where Lambert was the opposing team's boss. IMO, I think the best thing for Norwich fans to do would be to applaud the Norwich team and Norwich boss in the usual manner as they come onto the pitch/into the dug out and forget about the opposition.

For the record, Norwich have already beaten a post-Norwich Lambert side, which went mostly unnoticed !!
2-0 against Wolves with AN as our manager.

I am a new city fan having moved from Cambridge 2 years ago. I fully get the rivalry thing but if Paul lambert was a good and respected norwich-city manager, why even think about booing him just because he has a new job at Ipswich. 

To me that is childish and disrespectful. 

Just one more thing, why is the club and fans saying it's a big game? It should be the easiest game all season. 

Did we hate Ron Saunders and John Bond for moving on to what they regarded as "bigger" clubs as Paul Lambert is perceived to have done? I genuinely can't remember.

51 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Just one more thing, why is the club and fans saying it's a big game? It should be the easiest game all season. 

As the slogan says 'if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand '