Sign in to follow this  
Mark1976

Don’t boo lambert...

1 hour ago, Harry53 said:

I am a new city fan having moved from Cambridge 2 years ago. I fully get the rivalry thing but if Paul lambert was a good and respected norwich-city manager, why even think about booing him just because he has a new job at Ipswich. 

To me that is childish and disrespectful. 

Just one more thing, why is the club and fans saying it's a big game? It should be the easiest game all season. 

You ‘get the rivalry thing’, but am not sure why the club and fans are saying it’s a big game? 

Harry53 wrote:

I am a new city fan having moved from Cambridge 2 years ago. I fully get the rivalry thing but if Paul lambert was a good and respected norwich-city manager, why even think about booing him just because he has a new job at Ipswich. 

To me that is childish and disrespectful. 

Just one more thing, why is the club and fans saying it's a big game? It should be the easiest game all season.

It's often said that incomers need to live here for 30 years before they can be considered "a local".

Having read your post Harry, I think you're going to need a fair bit longer than that.

10 hours ago, NCFCInnit said:

Did we hate Ron Saunders and John Bond for moving on to what they regarded as "bigger" clubs as Paul Lambert is perceived to have done? I genuinely can't remember.

To be honest I'm struggling to think of any manager who left us and  had better success elsewhere...Martin O'Neill I guess, and I suppose Hughton...I remember when walker came back with Everton it felt better than usual to win 3-0 but I can't recall any real animosity to Walker

Just reading his press conference / interview today it's clear he feels Norwich fans hate him. That's his view. Not the club or owners as much. It's pretty odd to me that if you pump your fist angrily at the crowd on your 1st return (Villa) then you might expect a reaction later?

It's clear he wants to be hated and says he can't wait. I hope we don't give him any stick at all. Just roar on our lads and show him what a great support we give, what a match day atmosphere should be, BUT NOT because of him.

He is as great,  he did brilliant for us ( as he would have spoken) but he has gone, he obviously doesn't want to talk about things Norwich related. And we therefore don't need to think about him.

22 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

To be honest I'm struggling to think of any manager who left us and  had better success elsewhere...Martin O'Neill I guess, and I suppose Hughton...I remember when walker came back with Everton it felt better than usual to win 3-0 but I can't recall any real animosity to Walker

I seem to remember a certain song about Mike Walker’s headgear after he left us for Everton...

On 07/02/2019 at 10:45, Alex Moss said:

You ‘get the rivalry thing’, but am not sure why the club and fans are saying it’s a big game? 

As a local Derby of course I understand it's a big game, but not one we should worry about. I know these games can level out, but in all honesty, the way we play, there is no way we should be worried about not winning this

16 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

As a local Derby of course I understand it's a big game, but not one we should worry about. I know these games can level out, but in all honesty, the way we play, there is no way we should be worried about not winning this

I suspect the worry that emanates is in part due to the thought of losing this match and then possibly not having the chance to rectify it in the next season or so.

Of course, on paper it is probably our easiest game. Not sure it will be though.

Early City goal please.

Edited by East Rider
grammer