Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Super Mario

The biggest thing I've noticed this season is how much more physical he is.  Last season he looked a bit lightweight - played some very good passes and his movement was great, but he's been more aggressive and difficult to knock off the ball this year.  Technically a very good player too.  I certainly wouldn't drop him for Sunday, even if Leitner is fully fit - and I'm a huge fan of Leitner's.

• Like 1

He has been excellent, really chunfeeling for him to get the recognition! I was probably harsh to write him off last season, I think it’s fair to say that nobody expected him to become the tenacious player he has been the last few months 

I'm sure we'll see a team, sooner or later, with both Vrancic and Leitner in it, perhaps not yet.

But make no mistake, Leitner is the best player in the Championship.

As soon we have a player out injured, another steps in and seems to do a ridiculously good job.

We have several players now close to reaching their full potential. The football we played against Leeds was mouth watering. 

We're going up. 

The really good thing as I have watched it from afar is that he has steadily improved since day one and has just kept on developing  as a player through last season and into this. It shows he has the intelligence to realise what he needed to do and the desire to make it happen. Both excellent qualities in any player, but in one with his kind of ability on the ball, it means he is becoming a top performer, as demonstrated in recent matches. 

Don't know whether he and Leitner can be fitted in the same team.....I hope so...but at the moment he is making himself undroppable. Long may it continue!