Sign in to follow this  
unique

Max Aarons

14 hours ago, Red Rufus said:

Obviously you must have missed Alan Black and Clive Payne,

Yes I’ve only followed City for 30 years ...

but actually i was referring to our strength on both flanks as a whole ie Lewis/Hernandez and Aarons/Buendia- it’s the fact that we have fullbacks who are superb in defence and attack, and wingers who are superb in attack but still put in a shift defensively which gives opponents such a headache. 

If if you notice when one of our FBs is attacking another player will be keeping an eye on the space left open behind, often the winger but not always. 

Why would we, the way this team is performing only one way to look and that is forward. I am wondering if Buendia is on the radar of the Argentine national squad?

My first match at Carrow Rd had Clive Payne at RB (with Hugh Curran) upfront. I don't remember the names of the others who played. It would have been in the very late 60s.

Payne always seemed a committed and very competent player from memory.

But to add to my post, I believe Aarons is the best all round RB I've seen play for us. Yet it's staggering to think of his age. He is surely destined for the top. As Farke once commented right at the start of the season " a proper footballer ".

Edited by sonyc