Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

“That was the boss… Google her”

😀

http://sportwitness.co.uk/boss-google-krul-speaks-dutch-media-great-norwich-delia-smith/

De Telegraaf explain: ‘When leaving the player tunnel in the now empty stadium at Elland Road, a somewhat older lady suddenly stops at the edge of the pitch. A smile from ear to ear appears on her face as soon as she discovers Tim Krul. “Thank you!”, she whispers, embracing the Dutchman. “Thank you so much!”‘

Of course, some would prefer it to read:

‘When leaving the player tunnel in the now empty stadium at Elland Road, a somewhat diminutive Chinaman stops at the edge of the pitch. A scowl from ear to ear appears on his face as soon as he discovers Tim Krul. "You leave, you let in goal. We buy Courtois from Madrid" "I the boss now".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

‘When leaving the player tunnel in the now empty stadium at Elland Road, a somewhat diminutive Chinaman stops at the edge of the pitch. A scowl from ear to ear appears on his face as soon as he discovers Tim Krul. "You leave, you let in goal. We buy Courtois from Madrid" "I the boss now".

Bit racist. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some would prefer to read it without racism. Are we back in the 70s?! 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄🤦🏻‍♂️🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Hoola Han Solo

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Bit racist. 

If you mean that then you ought to get a sense of humour. 

Because racism is a right laugh 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bit racist. 

If you mean that then you ought to get a sense of humour. 

As someone of East Asian heritage I find the term ‘chinaman’ quite offensive to be honest. So nothing to do with my sense of humour, but very much your use of an racial offensive term. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lappinitup said:

Nonsense. It's making fun of Waveney's "stinking rich Chinese investor", not Chinese people.

Join us in the 21st century and you’ll discover that it is actually racist. Lazy stereotyping.

• Like 1

OMG the real hate police are out now. FFS, grow up and accept you really don't know what racism is. Or should I show some pictures of my coloured relatives.

• Sad 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

OMG the real hate police are out now. FFS, grow up and accept you really don't know what racism is. Or should I show some pictures of my coloured relatives.

Coloured isn’t an acceptable term either. 

Classic.

'I, a white man from Norfolk, have a better grasp of what racism against Asian people is, than you, someone with Asian heritage.'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Sorry Keelanagrandad, you don’t get to decide what is a racial offensive term and what isn’t. 

But some of his relatives are 'coloured!' 

And as you know nothing of my history, and is calling me a white man racist by the way, and how I have seen, heard and reviled against racism. So before you start tapping your keyboard again, before you forget that I left Norfolk 46 years ago, before you learn to understand that being  white, black, asian doesn't in any way make you any more special than anyone else, just climb off the bandwagon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Nonsense. It's making fun of Waveney's "stinking rich Chinese investor", not Chinese people.

Waveney has used that phrase loads of times on here but he’s never been called racist, what’s the difference?

• Like 1

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Waveney has used that phrase loads of times on here but he’s never been called racist, what’s the difference?

A Chinese owner is a Chinese owner.

keelansgrandad used lazy racial stereotyping about the way people from China supposedly speak in broken English.

• Like 1

Now that is offensive. You are making snide remarks concerning my relatives who I love. And I am sure they would find all the fuss you pakehas are making quite laughable.

Now that is offensive. You are making snide remarks concerning my relatives who I love. And I am sure they would find all the fuss you pakehas are making quite laughable.

You were the first to mention the phrase ‘coloured’. So is it ok for you to be racist, but nobody else?

Sigh. From what I’ve read on here, KG seems like a reasonable chap (interesting taste in music too). I reckon most posters would agree with me. So when he posts something that can be interpreted as racist, maybe a better approach is something like “Mate, I found that a bit racist and here’s why...”. But no, let’s all pile on and watch it escalate.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 4

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Sigh. From what I’ve read on here, KG seems like a reasonable chap (interesting taste in music too). I reckon most posters would agree with me. So when he posts something that can be interpreted a racist, maybe a better approach is something like “Mate, I found that a bit racist and here’s why...”. But no, let’s all pile on and watch it escalate.

Maybe, he should just apologise for using a racial offensive term. Rather than trying to tell me that I’m wrong. 

His original post came across as ignorant, not offensive, which is why my reply was rather tongue in cheek. The thing that is actually offensive is him and Lappin then telling someone who has had the term ‘chinaman’ used in racial abuse and assaults against them, that they don’t know what racism is. 

If Keelan is a ‘reasonable chap’, maybe he’d admit that he might have got that one wrong. 

You were the first to mention the phrase ‘coloured’. So is it ok for you to be racist, but nobody else?

Because the person I referred to is colloquially known as coloured in the vastness of this planet and not in the mind of a couple of humourless people on a football forum.

I could ask you what you have done in life to promote anti racism other than attack me, which is easy.

Or I could reel off several pages of what I did as a Trade Union Secretary to promote the health and well being of Pacific Islanders.

Because the person I referred to is colloquially known as coloured in the vastness of this planet and not in the mind of a couple of humourless people on a football forum.

I could ask you what you have done in life to promote anti racism other than attack me, which is easy.

Or I could reel off several pages of what I did as a Trade Union Secretary to promote the health and well being of Pacific Islanders.

I’ve lived my life avoiding saying ignorant things about race on football forums, and then treating it as all a big joke. By the way, referring to someone as ‘humourless’ because they don’t like your racial term, isn’t a get out of jail free card. Maybe you should think harder on what you post in future, and consider why the responses are negative. By your logic, I could say anything derogatory and then pass it off as a ‘joke’.

If Keelan is a ‘reasonable chap’, maybe he’d admit that he might have got that one wrong. 

I would be quite happy to apologise to you for the people who have racially abused you and would have stood shoulder to shoulder with you if wanted to confront those idiots.

What you are trying to say is that every post that has mentioned stinking rich Chinese owners is racially offensive. Nonsense. 

Are the MOBO awards racist? Are they isolating one area of society? The news this morning has told us its the Chinese New Year. IS that offensive.

For goodness sake. If people continue to alienate people like myself who are not and never will be racist because they happen to use terms that others criticise then you play into the hands of the Robinsons.

Accept the world isn't perfect. But it is progressing. Because it isn't progressing the way some want, that doesn't make the others right.

• Like 2