Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Skuse trying to whip things up

Noticed the article this morning saying we will be taunting them. It's the beginning of the mind games to come. Skuse is trying to build up a siege mentality because there is nothing else they can do.

Yet, our players won't need to get any more up for this one. And hopefully the crowd can simply treat the binners as an irrelevance and concentrate on generating an atmosphere  .... we just want the 3 points.

9 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Noticed the article this morning saying we will be taunting them. It's the beginning of the mind games to come. Skuse is trying to build up a siege mentality because there is nothing else they can do.

Yet, our players won't need to get any more up for this one. And hopefully the crowd can simply treat the binners as an irrelevance and concentrate on generating an atmosphere  .... we just want the 3 points.

Who is Skuse?🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Who is Skuse?🤷‍♂️

An exSkuse for a footballer.

• Like 1

LOL.  It's pretty desperate if he has to try to create a story out of nothing by urging them to overcome the "expected" taunting.  I'm sure DF will tell our players to concentrate on being disciplined and professional like they were on Saturday (well, maybe Krul got a bit carried away at points...:classic_rolleyes:) and leaving the taunting and gamesmanship to the scummers.

Nothing could be more 'intimidating' that theose Leeds fans shouting 'Grass' at our players as they entered Elland Rd. 🤣

22 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

Nothing could be more 'intimidating' that theose Leeds fans shouting 'Grass' at our players as they entered Elland Rd. 🤣

Saw that clip on Twitter too. Leeds fans shouting into the players' ears as they came into and through the 'family' stand entrance.

There will be a 'story ' everyday this week, I'm sure that they'll wheel out Chambers at some point to rally the crowd. It's all a bit meh, a sad attempt to stir the pot,create a siege mentality and some atmosphere that's been sadly lacking this season 

The players can handle Elland Road, so handling the  Binner fans will be easy

Was it true that Leeds played 'white noise over the tannoy, when we attacked on Saturday?

17 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

The players can handle Elland Road, so handling the  Binner fans will be easy

Was it true that Leeds played 'white noise over the tannoy, when we attacked on Saturday?

Michael Bailey dared to suggest this, and even though he heard it, he has had two days of grief from pleasant Leeds fans. 

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

There was a moment when white noise or static came from the speakers, didn’t really last very long so I’d guess it was a technical problem rather than a cunning plan!! 

The blast of white noise came just as Buendia left four of their players on their ar*es and was preparing to shoot. Definitely deliberate I would say.........😉😉

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am sure in a day or so they will be digging out some of their ' Legends ' to rally support.

Considering how long ago their glory years were, this runs the risk of being quite literal.

• Haha 2

This is all terrific stuff to build the atmosphere for Sunday.  As supporters I don't think we should get caught up with all the anti-Lambert stuff. We just need to keep doing what we do and not get put off our stride.

I don't imagine DF will be using fire and brimstone as his pre match talk. And I doubt that would work with these fellas anyway.

Lambert is part of our history no doubt but is now an irrelevance.

16 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Lambert is part of our history no doubt but is now an irrelevance.

I think this is what upsets them the most, the fact that we were once rivals and they had the upper hand.  Today, while the rivalry still exists, we have bigger goals to aim for, besides, it's so long since they've been a threat that we find ourselves more concerned with the record than actually winning the game. 

• Like 2