Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Is anyone else getting over excited yet?

Absolutely buzzing for Sunday 

the hours are dragging but am taking the opportunity to get stuck into my bin dipping mates about how much we are going to do them.

have never gone into a derby more confident than I am this one 

ps no pant wetting relies please

Still buzzing from Saturday TBH. 

Every derby game for me is a mix of excitement and gut-wrenching tension.  This one is extra important because win it and we stay top (barring Leeds giving Boro a right tonking).  It also means 10 years with no wins for the scum.  Hence more nerves than usual, and excitement. 

I am relying on DF to keep the squad grounded, he strikes me as the perfect guy to do that.  Will make sure they don't get complacent and under-estimate 1p5wich.  For 1p5wich this is their last chance to get something out of the season aside from simple survival.

I am therefore trying not to get too wrapped up into it until nearer the end of the week !

In the words of an oiled-up Gerard Butler "Give them nothing! But take from them...everything!" 😂

Apples

3 hours ago, River End Canary said:

Absolutely buzzing for Sunday 

the hours are dragging but am taking the opportunity to get stuck into my bin dipping mates about how much we are going to do them.

have never gone into a derby more confident than I am this one 

ps no pant wetting relies please

you do rather strike me as someone who regularly gets over exited

about food mostly I should imagine

Typical Derby week so far for me, very excited after Leeds ("BRING ON THE SCUM!") now meandering between quietly confident ("We'll do 'em, we've got to do 'em, top vs bottom, we're too much...") and that little pessimistic voice ("Bit too close last time, Derby day so anything could happen....").

I'll be a bag of nerves on the day until we're 3-0 up. Got my ticket, see you there!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if there is that much concern this year, We have far more important things on our mind and whatever the result it looks nailed on that one of us will not be in the Championship next season.

And the 'form goes out of the window' is absolute bollox, I'm afraid as the last decade (and before) demonstrates.

Putting the poor old donkey down looks to me more an act of kindness than something to be celebrated.

RIPswich

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I'm not sure if there is that much concern this year, We have far more important things on our mind and whatever the result it looks nailed on that one of us will not be in the Championship next season.

And the 'form goes out of the window' is absolute bollox, I'm afraid as the last decade (and before) demonstrates.

Putting the poor old donkey down looks to me more an act of kindness than something to be celebrated.

RIPswich

Nice work on the RIPswich!!!! Norwich will win I'm sure,  but it won't hurt as much as Tim's goal last season! Because we genuinely don't expect anything from Sunday! 

Proceed with extreme caution.

This is one of those odds on situations that have that can easily go pear shaped.

It happens every day somewhere in sport so don't think a win is a certainty because pride is usually followed by a fall and all good/bad runs come to and end when least expected.

Take nothing for granted and just hope that we don't **** it up.

And no, this is not a pant wetting reply, just common sense

Edited by Making Plans

I think we are all aware of the possibilities, but this is probably the sorriest bunch of failures the binners have dragged up the A140 in any City fan's time.

So if you think that the rest of us are not going to enjoy the days leading up to Sunday then you are wrong.

Nothing that is written here will make a blind bit of difference to the result, so if City fans want to gloat, mock and generally deride the paupers then good luck to them.

image.jpeg.7bd3862a218c6179c3f4acf7a577cf33.jpeg

oh dear, poor binners and their obsession with banners

Not getting over excited, mainly because I'm still basking in the glow of last weekend. As far as Sunday goes I'm struggling to see how 1p5wich can come up with any gameplan to get a result. We're fitter, better organized, we think quicker and as individual players how many would get in to our Team? I watched their clip vs Wednesday and they were woeful. Yes we could go down to 10 men ala Hanley, that aside I can't see a logical reason to fear the result. As has been said, we've got other priorities to aim for this season, 1p5wich are just a bump in the road. 

I'm very aware that Norwich beat Man U a few seasons ago in Premier League top-verses-bottom but yes, if Ipswich couldn't get a result against Sheff W, Villa and all the other sides, Norwich should be able to get them on physical fitness and individual skill alone.

I'd like to see our slightly worse GD addressed with a big tonking but that said, a 1-0 would do.

How Sheff Wed didn't tonk that lot 5-1 I don't know, they missed chance after chance and could have conceded one themselves.

Mixture of buzzing and butterflies. Any ideas if there is another fans march planned like last year, would be great way to build atmosphere going into the ground??

My only worry is that they'll just set out to injure from minute 1, last thing we need is Emi or Max crocked.

3 hours ago, Tired said:

My only worry is that they'll just set out to injure from minute 1, last thing we need is Emi or Max crocked.

You're right about that, it could be a kickathon, let's face it we've got weapons all over the pitch, how else are they going to stop us?