Harry53

The media haven't a clue

How many more times will the Media mis spell players names, and even not know who plays for Norwich City? 

They have all been so hyped up with the big spenders that even for the team at the top of the championship, namely us, they are not familiar with our squad. 

I felt we were the underdogs yesterday due to the intimidating atmosphere at Ellen Road, but we all knew we could win because we are the best team in the league. Not something the media recognise. Even the Sky commentators when Leeds came close to scoring, still suggested that us City fans might have to witness a comeback. Almost that they favour Leeds. Even the betting adverts before the game, they gave 16 to 1 for Leeds to win 3 - 1. 

2 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

How many more times will the Media mis spell players names, and even not know who plays for Norwich City? 

They have all been so hyped up with the big spenders that even for the team at the top of the championship, namely us, they are not familiar with our squad. 

I felt we were the underdogs yesterday due to the intimidating atmosphere at Ellen Road, but we all knew we could win because we are the best team in the league. Not something the media recognise. Even the Sky commentators when Leeds came close to scoring, still suggested that us City fans might have to witness a comeback. Almost that they favour Leeds. Even the betting adverts before the game, they gave 16 to 1 for Leeds to win 3 - 1.

Betting odds are determined by what money has been bet, not some guess by bookmakers

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Betting odds are determined by what money has been bet, not some guess by bookmakers

I think the point was more that of all the odds/results they could choose to highlight on the pre-game advert, they chose the Leeds comfortable victory rather than a Norwich win, or a draw, or a narrow margin. 

Leeds seem to think that everyone is biased against them including the football league which is quite amusing.

Which probably reflected the views of the majority of their viewers

Anyone expecting a balanced stance from an outlets like Sky have only themselves to blame

• Like 1

In fairness, I think the commentators are more offering ways it could continue to be interesting rather than supporting Leeds over Norwich. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, Harry53 said:

when Leeds came close to scoring, still suggested that us City fans might have to witness a comeback

The fact we’ve conceded 39 goals, the worst in the top 8 has something to do with that.

I think the media have been pretty fair to us. Obviously we won’t get the attention that Leeds (the ‘bigger club’) will get but when we are talked about, it’s always been with a lot of compliments and praise for how Farke has overachieved.

Murray (in particular) and whoever’s the pundit on Quest have been gushing about us most of the season and I think he got it about right last night saying he was an admirer, but now he’s a believer, that City can go up.

As has been said, let Leeds and Lampards Derby get the attention from the short sighted media. The in depth research and subsequent pieces about us recognise what a great setup and structure we have. Most importantly we know it and I’m just enjoying every second of the season and the good times ahead. Who knows what’ll happen next.

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Quoted the wrong person. 

Nothing that a bit of quick editing can cover up, eh ?

Better to have left the original post up and added an apology to it

As has been said, let Leeds and Lampards Derby get the attention from the short sighted media. 

he Derby attention is just down to the manager's fame. On the pitch they have scored only 40 and conceded 35. Not normally what you would expect from a team near the top and getting so much attention particularly about their forward players who aren't particularly doing enough.

If I here any more about Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn, Mount and Marriot I think I will scream. But there again, it doesn't alter the fact that we are top no matter how much attention or praise we get.

No one in the media know who any of our players are, except for Pukki.

I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

We have a lot of young players who I would dread for the media to get their claws into.

It's quite enjoyable, this 'under the radar' business. I was watching in a pub yesterday with three Leeds lads standing behind me, not happy. Leeds 0-2 down and this other bloke sitting beside me saying how Leeds were playing such great stuff this season, best team in the division. I mentioned it was a top of the table clash, and he said he thought that Norwich were "somewhere around the middle!" I asked one of the Leeds lads after the third goal did he remember the result when Jeremy Goss nearly broke the goals at Elland Road a quarter-century ago - begrudgingly acknowledged it! Very satisfying!

Plenty of games to go yet but, after Vrancic's second yesterday, I decided that top two is a reality. It's gonna happen! Believe!

It's quite enjoyable, this 'under the radar' business. I was watching in a pub yesterday with three Leeds lads standing behind me, not happy. Leeds 0-2 down and this other bloke sitting beside me saying how Leeds were playing such great stuff this season, best team in the division. I mentioned it was a top of the table clash, and he said he thought that Norwich were "somewhere around the middle!" I asked one of the Leeds lads after the third goal did he remember the result when Jeremy Goss nearly broke the goals at Elland Road a quarter-century ago - begrudgingly acknowledged it! Very satisfying!

Plenty of games to go yet but, after Vrancic's second yesterday, I decided that top two is a reality. It's gonna happen! Believe!

It's always been this way, I remember Surman being interviewed after Portsmouth saying that no one noticed us when we were 6th, we just kept putting in the performances and clocking up the wins,by the time the media started to notice we were already chasing down an automatic spot. 

From the media's point of view, Leeds, Derby (sorry, FL's Derby) and Villa will all naturally get more focus. Then there's Sheff U with their unorthodox style and perennial underdog tag.  But the teams flying under the radar are us, West Brom and Middlesborough.  I can see at least 2 of those 3 going up - I really hope we're one of them. 

As someone else said in another thread, with most of the others playing each other in the next two or three games, the top six could look very different by the end of February.

I wouldn't say WBA are under the radar, but, if I were a Boro fan I would be getting seriously miffed by the lack of coverage they garner. Similarly I don't think Sheffield utd get the coverage or credit they deserve (but I have a serious dislike for wilder and I think he craves the recognition, so long may it continue).

Not Sure Sheffield Utd deserve credit. Watching the highlights show on Saturday both their goals were the product of a long ball hoofed up front. That style won't get them very far in the Premiership unless you've got the likes of Salah or Hazzard up top.

The EFL show on Quest did an interview with Wildman - don't know what was said as I immediately put it on mute and then switched channels, but it went on for ages as every time I returned to Quest Chris Viler was still there. 

The odds in football are set by so called experts analysing potential results and fixing those odds prior to the match. Fixed Odds are not dependent on money spent that only applies to horse racing or in play markets.  I knew we were going to win got the money to prove it and would have been even better if 3-2 at 33/1 with Paddy P, thought we are going to win in extra time.