Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Scum funeral

Not going to the derby next week so unable to organise this, but upon enjoying some of the TW@TD misery this morning, I spotted that they've had a bright idea.... Anyone got a bit of spare time and inclination to organise this?

Couple of blue and white coffins would look great on the march down to the ground.... 😂😂😂

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/452681/wonder-if-the-scum-fans-will-make-a-few-coffins/#19

Edited by kick it off

No. This about us not them, so let's not turn the focus in that direction.

If we had been mid table then their plight might have been about all we had.

Playing on Sunday means it is likely that we won't be top at the start of the game, so we need a clinical win against the binners.

If that shoves them a bit nearer to the trap door into L1 then so be it, but it is our ladder into the PL that is only concern on Sunday.

Playing on Sunday means it is likely that we won't be top at the start of the game, so we need a clinical win against the binners.

If that shoves them a bit nearer to the trap door into L1 then so be it, but it is our ladder into the PL that is only concern on Sunday.

I think for this game it must be just about supporting ourselves.

Anything else and it gives the manager and Binner players an extra edge. It's why I posted earlier that if we were to sing "one Paul Lambert" to 'welcome' his return, it would completely undermine his team talk and siege mentality he will try to use in his pre-match mind games.

I wonder if we cannot help ourselves, given they are our bitter rivals but .....hear me out...almost to ignore them as an irrelevance would enable us to focus on our great team and would be a response to something very important happening this season.

I want us to hammer Lambert's team. And to do that we could be the 12th man ....let us just ignore their fans (and him) and roar the lads on.

Or wait til the final minutes when the job is hopefully done and dusted!

It has to be as one or two of them pointed out. They are an irrelevance to us. It is three points we are after and the sideshow of the supporters having their twice a year slanging match to produce an atmosphere is what it is.

Never mind what they sing, just get behind the team and hopefully appreciate the good football we know they can play.

Lets not get carried away. We have struggled at home with some teams near the bottom but thankfully not for the whole 90 minutes. If we have a period where they may dominate, and expect Lambert to try and wind them up, then keep calm and wait for the magic that players like Emi showed yesterday with the second goal, to give us a good home win and improve our goal difference.

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Agreed. It's almost quite arrogant of them to believe we would do a thing like this. Total focus will be on ourselves on Sunday - theres so much goodwill around CR concerning our own team that there's just no need for any antics like this.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I think for this game it must be just about supporting ourselves.

Anything else and it gives the manager and Binner players an extra edge. It's why I posted earlier that if we were to sing "one Paul Lambert" to 'welcome' his return, it would completely undermine his team talk and siege mentality he will try to use in his pre-match mind games.

I wonder if we cannot help ourselves, given they are our bitter rivals but .....hear me out...almost to ignore them as an irrelevance would enable us to focus on our great team and would be a response to something very important happening this season.

I want us to hammer Lambert's team. And to do that we could be the 12th man ....let us just ignore their fans (and him) and roar the lads on.

Or wait til the final minutes when the job is hopefully done and dusted!

that would well serve the purpose - project Lambert as still being one of us and treat the binners as an irrelevance

"we don't really give a sh it about you going down or your long distant glorious history, either "

Sunday is about US, and our battle for the title  ..................... so fukem

Pity there is not a tune for the words "thanks Paul for what you gave us but now we've moved on" ....can't think of anything! Perhaps that Abba song?

I genuinely don't even see them as a rival at the moment. Has there ever been a joint season where they have been this irrelevant?

That said, it's important we stay absolutely focused for this one as anything can happen in this division. 

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I genuinely don't even see them as a rival at the moment. Has there ever been a joint season where they have been this irrelevant?

That said, it's important we stay absolutely focused for this one as anything can happen in this division. 

Every game fro now on (bar Boro away) should be seen as possible points dropped.

No complacency and no pity for the paupers.

We want the title

Looking at that TWDT thread, there are some very rational comments from Ipswich fans on there. Heartening to read - personally I can't stand all the silly 'who's the bigger club' rivalry nonsense; 3 golden 'to the Prem' points on Sunday is worth far more than cheap jibes at someone else's expense...

18 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

3 golden 'to the Prem' points on Sunday is worth far more than cheap jibes at someone else's expense...

There is a lessen to be had there for somebody. 😜

The footballing gods may have decreed that Lambert will return and beat us next sunday, thats my concern.....if we can overcome that and ruthlessly put them to the sword, there should be all sorts of stick dished out to them afterwards....not before

Ps ....I think there could be a chance we're still top next Sunday

Aston Villa v Sheff Utd   Friday

Middlesbrough v Leeds     Saturday

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There is a lessen to be had there for somebody. 😜

Mmm derailing a thread with ‘poster bashing’, or just a bit of light heartedness?

1 minute ago, Rivvo said:

Mmm derailing a thread with ‘poster bashing’, or just a bit of light heartedness?

The clue is in the emoticon Rivvo.

15 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The footballing gods may have decreed that Lambert will return and beat us next sunday, thats my concern.....if we can overcome that and ruthlessly put them to the sword, there should be all sorts of stick dished out to them afterwards....not before

Ps ....I think there could be a chance we're still top next Sunday

Aston Villa v Sheff Utd

Middlesbrough v Leeds

...next Saturday

Infact there’s every chance we could be top by 3 clear points next Sunday, GJL 👍