dylanisabaddog

Spygate and the fall of Leeds United

16 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

They have lost 5 of their last 7 games. So sorry, but it's not ridiculous at all 

And are still level on points with us....

53 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I think Leeds have been a top 2 team for most of the season Rob. Otherwise, they would not have been top of the league last Saturday. And even now you're second ONLY on goal difference. The best team did win the game however. We saw something new in fighting spirit in the team.

The spygate stuff has not worked for you and had it been us, it would have been the same. It was a bad tactical error to have continued with it in my opinion. How much more can you learn? And secondly, why not just believe in your own team? They've been decent to watch (I live your way and know many many Leeds fans who are sound believe it or not).

I cannot see an implosion even though Boro will be tough. You'll be there or thereabouts, perhaps even champions by May. As long as both our teams are there I won't care. Leeds and Norwich are the best two clubs in this division this year. Hopefully it will all pan out. 

Completely agree with you there. It's too early to tell if this is to do with the Spygate, maybe the fuss around it has had some impact but i'm not sure if his lack of "spying" (and i'm open to cheating) has had a direct impact. Bielsa does hours of homework on each team as well. The lineup on Saturday had an impact, I could see that and i'm unsure why he played certain players ahead of the ones that really should've been in the lineup. I do like a couple of your players, Hernandez looks quality and I wish we had someone like Pukki. Roofe has pretty much had to do it all season due to Bamford's long injury and his goals have dried of late so I do think him returning alongside Brown will help rejuvinate the team. A fit Brown is excellent but will remain to be seen how fit he is.  I'm not 100% sure of everyone's remaining games, I think we still play a few lower placed teams, it will be very tight and has pretty much been that way anyway, it's all about keeping nerve. Although I didn't think you played well against the Blades they have looked poor also in a lot of games, same with us Vs Rotherham last week.

10 minutes ago, Red Rufus said:

Great reply LDC, once again highlighting a bizarre view of footballing matters, good evening sir!

Good evening to you.  Is it bizzarre or just different.....after all there's nothing odd about aiming at the goal where there is a defender in the way and hoping the ball goes through him rather than past him.........or maybe he should have aimed wide of the goal like the Leeds players did most of the match 😁

20 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

They have lost 5 of their last 7 games. So sorry, but it's not ridiculous at all 

More to it than that really, it's probably going to be a tight finish, there are 48 points left to play for.

In fact a look at the form table over the last 6 matches has us picking up 9 points and Leeds 6 points. Hardly the ‘fall’ that the title claims is it? There’s a hell of a lot of points still up for grabs and no one can be written off yet. There may well be a surprise team gate crash the party, look at Bristol City’s recent form and they have a game in hand

Rob - it does say something for Leeds' position to still be there or thereabouts after a run of 5 defeats in 7.  We had a little wobble over Christmas by not winning any of the games against Derby, Forest, Brentford and West Brom, yet only lost one of them - in bizarre fashion after the floodlight failure.

I agree Sheff Utd looked good against us, but they are inconsistent.  Equally, I'd say our performance at Leeds was probably our best of the season.  I don't think Leeds played badly on the day, I just think we played better.  Of the rest, Boro and West Brom look most capable of being up there at the end of the season.

We look very good when we play well and even when the standards drop - as they did over Christmas - we somehow seem to be able to find a way to get a result.

On 06/02/2019 at 08:14, JF said:

In fact a look at the form table over the last 6 matches has us picking up 9 points and Leeds 6 points. Hardly the ‘fall’ that the title claims is it? 

Over the last six matches we've played Leeds, Sheffield Utd, West Brom and Derby, we've just taken over top spot. Leeds lost to Stoke and struggled to beat Rotherham, so let's re-evaluate that form table. 

IF leeds hit their form again we will have a real battle on our hands. There is no question they are a good team when on form. The next 2-4 games for the top 6 will be very interesting and to come out on top again, even with a bit of daylight would be great for us.

It could happen, considering the fixtures.

I think Bristol City may have left it a bit too late to challenge for the top two?

Good Luck putting your faith in the journeyman that Bamford has now become.  City supporters can vouch for the fact that he is average at best.  And I'm sure Boro will attest the he hasn't pulled up any trees.

And by giving the boy Godfrey stick shows he has no class.  Prepare yourself for further disappointment but you are used to it.