I did not like what he did before the Sharp penalty one bit. Needless yellow and unsporting in my opinion. Sharp must have felt brilliant smashing 2 goals passed him.

I also thought the little nudges with Bamford were  unnecessary. We got a huge 3 points and cannot afford to lose players to silly suspensions.

That said, he is by far our best goalkeeper and people often forget some of the big saves he has made for us this year.

He was the gk specifically brought on for the Netherlands in the WC and could be argued his antics resulted in him being able to save 2 of the pens and getting the Dutch through.

It didn’t work last week but I’m not going to criticise a technique that has worked on the biggest stage and good to see he’s passionate enough to try anything to give us an advantage

3 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

He was the gk specifically brought on for the Netherlands in the WC and could be argued his antics resulted in him being able to save 2 of the pens and getting the Dutch through.

It didn’t work last week but I’m not going to criticise a technique that has worked on the biggest stage and good to see he’s passionate enough to try anything to give us an advantage

Exactly.

Also, im not being funny but you gotta be pretty soft to take issue with some GK antics who plays for your own team.

Don't get the love in here.... Goalkeepers at Championship level should make the saves Krul is making and some he isn't.       He's doing OK but that's about it.    The way we play needs a keeper that can play a bit and he can't.    If we do go up, we couldn't possibly keep him whereas the rest of this squad is more than capable.   As for the strop, that wasn't cool!   

How good were we yesterday!  

OTBC 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

How good were we yesterday!

Fantastic, and that includes Krul. The love in is what he deserves for being part of this squad.

Hes been an integral part of the squad and gained us more points than lost. Yet again I say that mistakes from outfield players are quickly forgotten, yet a gk is always under close scrutiny. We forgive Pukki missed chances, Hernandez losing the ball when running at defenders, Stiepermann roaming into nowhere and losing possession, our full backs playing out into trouble, and we should, they’re not going to play perfectly at all times. Kruls mistakes can be counted on one hand and were early in the season when settling in.

I’m sure Farke will talk about the importance of Krul in our potential promotion and I’d be more than happy to have him as our gk in the PL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'd still like to know what got his back up,so much

Maybe it was a poster from here🙃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'd still like to know what got his back up,so much

As Well B Back said earlier, Tim intervened in a confrontation between Bamford and Godfrey, and Bamford then directed his aggression at him instead of Ben. Was Ben marking Bamford at the corner? Maybe Bamford was crowing about scoring. Whatever, Krul didn't instigate it.

For a player of his experience I would have thought he would have come for  a number of balls coming into the penalty area, that is when we are at our weakest and feel he could do much more.

That said we are top of the league

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Exactly.

Also, im not being funny but you gotta be pretty soft to take issue with some GK antics who plays for your own team.

I get pissed off when other goalkeepers do it. It would be hypocritical to like it just because it is my team. 

Edited by HertsCanary93

It looks like Krul decided that we weren't going to be bullied and that with such a young defence in front of him, he took it upon himself to lead the way, yes he flapped at a few, yes he came charging out of his area but he also sent a signal that if you're going to score, you've got to come through me first.  It gave those in front of him more confidence to stand up to whatever came their way. Call it winning ugly but there was plenty going on in that game aside from the goals. 

3 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Fantastic, and that includes Krul. The love in is what he deserves for being part of this squad.

Hes been an integral part of the squad and gained us more points than lost. Yet again I say that mistakes from outfield players are quickly forgotten, yet a gk is always under close scrutiny. We forgive Pukki missed chances, Hernandez losing the ball when running at defenders, Stiepermann roaming into nowhere and losing possession, our full backs playing out into trouble, and we should, they’re not going to play perfectly at all times. Kruls mistakes can be counted on one hand and were early in the season when settling in.

I’m sure Farke will talk about the importance of Krul in our potential promotion and I’d be more than happy to have him as our gk in the PL.

Fiery Zac, i have to agree with all your comments here and he's doing well for us no doubt.   Be one of the first to say if we go up, let them all have their chance, I won't be clammering for signings.     But as you say this position is under close scrutiny, it's vital.     If you think Krul would be fine in the Prem, fair play but to play out from the back in the Prem, the keeper needs to distribute accurately and quickly with his feet and sadly Krul can't do that.   Whether he could learn. i'm not sure, be useful if he can.       

Krul's BIG mistake yesterday was when he got booked, if he'd stayed in goal, there would never have been the chaos that happened. 

Edited by SwindonCanary

9 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Krul has wound up two forwards in the last two games and they've scored 3 goals against him. I wish he would just concentrate on doing his job. He is the weakest player in a very strong team - if we had a decent alternative he would have lost his place by now and at his age should be more able to channel his passion positively rather than charge around like a nutter playing the big man. Pathetic behaviour, which I hope doesn't cost us any more points.

Hopefully Farke will have a word because if I was an Ipswich coach I would be encouraging everyone to sledge him next week and get his gander up again.

Our defence with an inexperienced keeper like Angus Gunn wouldn't  be top of the league.. Krul has moments of madness but he's perfect for this team.

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Now I am not only absolutely convinced that Krul has porked your missus, SGNCFC, but in quite spectacular fashion too - ‘Back Of The Net!!’ springs to mind 😉

Seriously, your constant criticism of Tim week in week out seems a little suspect and way over the top for a player who has, usual goalkeeper mistakes aside, been one of Farke and Webber’s most astute and influential signings of last summer.

As far as I’m concerned, if he keeps playing this well, he can roger my missus too! 😂

Ha ha! "usual goalkeeping mistakes aside" - says it all really doesn't it?

Take a look at the current stats on who the best rated keepers are in the Championship - by independent assessors. Krul certainly doesn't appear in the "clean sheets" top 10. Nor indeed the "saves made" one.

He's not just in the team to be a good influence on the young players and have some passion. The one point I have constantly made is that he doesn't make enough saves (and actually, if I was to be highly critical, he should have saved Bamfords header too, but he did his usual Tom Daly body twist in the air and got nowhere near it) - not that he hasn't made any. Of course he's saved us some points - he's our bloody goalkeeper, after all, so you would kind of expect him to do that - but he''s cost us a fair few as well, and if he doesn't curb his behaviour he will cost us more. I do agree that he's entertaining, just not always in the right way.

Anyway, how do you know I even have a "missus"? I might choose to identify as a female......

8 hours ago, Bill said:

errr, sgncfc is a binner

Errr, no he isn't. He just has an opinion.

56 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I'm wondering what the reaction would be if he got an injury that ruled him out for the rest of the season. 

Exactly!

Panic in my case. 😁

56 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I'm wondering what the reaction would be if he got an injury that ruled him out for the rest of the season. 

Exactly!

Panic in my case. 😁

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Take a look at the current stats on who the best rated keepers are in the Championship - by independent assessors. Krul certainly doesn't appear in the "clean sheets" top 10. Nor indeed the "saves made" one.

Where do these stats come from sgnfc? And what exactly do "Clean sheets" and "Saves made" refer to in the case of the particular stats you quote? "Clean Sheet" normally refers to any game in which the opposition fail to score; it doesn't make much sense therefore to attribute responsibility primarily or solely to the goalkeeper, as opposed to the team as a whole. As regards "Saves made", while OPTA define a save as the keeper preventing the ball from entering the goal "when facing an intentional attempt from an opposition player", there are other stat compilers for whom the number of saves is simply the difference between shots on target faced and goals conceded, which means a shot blocked by a player other than the keeper counts as a "save". 

The general point is that goalkeeping stats need to be understood in the context of the defensive stats for the team as a whole. Last time I looked, we were not in the top ten Championship teams defensively speaking; we were solidly mid-table in that respect. I don't think that position can have improved any given our results since Boxing Day.

6 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I'm wondering what the reaction would be if he got a red card for his silly actions and missed 3 games that we went on to lose

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I'm wondering what the reaction would be if he got a red card for his silly actions and missed 3 games that we went on to lose

If he was banned for 3 games, we would still have a Goalkeeper, if we lost those games it wouldn't be his fault, would it?

Seems to me every time we are top of the league, poor old Tim gets scapegoated to hell. As a supporter of NCFC I like Tim and I love his passion and desire, I know little about stats and form my opinion about the state of the club and players from going to home games, the odd away game and what is served up on the telly box. From that I conclude that I would rather have Tim than not and he seems a top bloke. 

Edited by Daz Sparks
  • Like 2

He is our number one keeper for a reason, and an even bigger reason why we are where we are.

Yes there are better keepers, and probably better managers, defenders strikers etc etc etc. However, he is our keeper and should be cheered and supported, from the terraces to the chattering masses, especially at this juncture in the season.

We need all the support we can muster to see us through what is the closest top six for many a year. We are top of that expensively formatted group and it is due to the team.

Players, coaches and supporters as one will win the day. Keep up the good work Tim

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Krul has wound up two forwards in the last two games and they've scored 3 goals against him. I wish he would just concentrate on doing his job. He is the weakest player in a very strong team - if we had a decent alternative he would have lost his place by now and at his age should be more able to channel his passion positively rather than charge around like a nutter playing the big man. Pathetic behaviour, which I hope doesn't cost us any more points.

Hopefully Farke will have a word because if I was an Ipswich coach I would be encouraging everyone to sledge him next week and get his gander up again.

To be fair he only tried to wind up sharp after the pen was given, to try and put him off, I hardly think u can blame krul for him scoring....and Bamford scored before they had their little head to head, so in conclusion I think you are talking ****...

• Like 1