Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Leeds blog with good footage of City fans celebrating

Yeah, fair play to them, sure they’ve got their idiots like any club, but to keep on singing like they did when it was clear they’d lost the game, and a very important one, was impressive - can’t knock the support - bet you won’t hear anything like that from the Ip****e fans if we’re turning them over at Carrow Rd next week. And you can understand some of their frustration reading their message boards - I think it’s fair enough to get annoyed when Bielsa keeps on giving out the team sheet early. I do believe we’d have won anyway, Vrancic etc were unplayable at times, and the quality shone through, but I don’t think such actions are helping their cause from a tactical point of view. It’s almost as if Bielsa is trying to show that it never mattered if they already knew the opponents 11 via their ‘scouting missions’. He looked a broken man last night.

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s almost as if Bielsa is trying to show that it never mattered if they already knew the opponents 11 via their ‘scouting missions’. He looked a broken man last night.

I think that's exactly the point of it. He looked like someone had died - wouldn't look at the camera and as you say, just looked broken.

• Like 1

Just look at their record since he got rumbled, hardly impressive is it.

There has to be some correlation between knowkng and not knowing the shape that the opposing team puts out and plans in training, corner kick routines, who is playing etc etc.

If you know these things you can plan for it, not knowing means you can’t and since he’s not ‘known’, their results haven’t been great.

• Like 1

Bielsa does have a reputation for losing his way 2/3rds into a season, I can’t help but feel that Sheff Utd or West Brom will seize the opportunity and initiative now, is that 5 losses out of 7 games for Leeds now? Let’s be clear here - that’s not even play off form, let alone automatic promotion form, that’s closer to relegation form. If I was a Leeds supporter I would genuinely be very very concerned, especially given Bielsa’s demeanour and post match admissions.

9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

He looked like someone had died - wouldn't look at the camera and as you say, just looked broken.

Yes he did, and so he should.

Continually putting out the team before the standard here is an attempt to intimidate others and yesterday it backfired on him big style.

He was beaten by a better team. They had virtually their full first team to pick from, a full passionate house and a huge incentive, and failed.

Perhaps he needs to be a bit more magnanimous. Or just bog off!

Cheats never prosper?

Good vlog and fair play for being so complimentary about us and our fans, but have to say that 8:34 to 8:59 is a bit of comedy gold. 🙂 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

9 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Absolutely love Krul for going over to our fans when we scored. 

Godfrey showed some passion too. Good lad. 

12 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I think it’s fair enough to get annoyed when Bielsa keeps on giving out the team sheet early............. It’s almost as if Bielsa is trying to show that it never mattered if they already knew the opponents 11 via their ‘scouting missions’.

As Bethnal pointed out a few days ago on another thread, Bielsa has always published his team sheet a couple of days in advance, at whatever team he has managed. It's what the guy does; he just has his own ideas about what matters and what doesn't and how it matters if it does.

4 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Good vlog and fair play for being so complimentary about us and our fans, but have to say that 8:34 to 8:59 is a bit of comedy gold. 🙂 

it does shows the level of stupidity that drags itself along to football these days

"woz appened ?"

a goal, that is what has happened, or did you not grasp the implications of the ball going over the goal line ?

Krul had seen it and was over to the City fans, while the clueless northern monkeys were still bleating

"woz 'appened"

mind you they were the ones who were singing that they were (once again) top of the league after they scored

10 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

As Bethnal pointed out a few days ago on another thread, Bielsa has always published his team sheet a couple of days in advance, at whatever team he has managed. It's what the guy does; he just has his own ideas about what matters and what doesn't and how it matters if it does.

He may have done this in the past at previous clubs, WCC, but my understanding from Leeds supporters is that he has not ‘always published the team sheet first’ at all. Infact, he’s only done it 3 times this season, including prior to our match, and on all 3 occasions Leeds have gone on to lose. 

I did not go to this. however a friend who did attend said he thought the Leeds fans were relatively quiet.

Not surprised though considering we looked like scoring on every attack.