Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Decent match report

I like the opening paragraph

" When Patrick Bamford scored in stoppage time to reduce the margin of Leeds’s defeat, some home fans began chanting “we are top of the league”, thinking that strike was enough to keep Leeds at the summit on goal difference. But they had got their sums wrong. This victory enabled Norwich to leapfrog their hosts, after a performance in which they were clearly superior. Norwich really did a number on Marcelo Bielsa’s men. "

They are from the north, don't forget

A sort of flat cap binners.

• Haha 1

Considering he's a binner Benjamin Bloom does some very flattering reports. His latest on us v. Leeds on youtube is a belter.

• Like 1

I agree with the Tettey comments. I know it's difficult to come on late and get up to speed but I felt he was chasing shadows for the ten minutes he was on. 

I can see him playing a role against the cloggers from down the road, but I don't see why he should automatically take Trybull's place when fully fit. 

6 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I agree with the Tettey comments. I know it's difficult to come on late and get up to speed but I felt he was chasing shadows for the ten minutes he was on. 

I can see him playing a role against the cloggers from down the road, but I don't see why he should automatically take Trybull's place when fully fit. 

Depends how bad the gash on Trybull's ankle is I guess - if fit, Trybull should start on merit.

I'd also like to see Tom Trybull start against that shower. He patiently waited for his time again after losing his place and has been exemplary since being a main feature. 

Hopefully that injury will not keep him out. 

Besides, be nice to sing the TT song when he is calmly distributing the ball around the park next week.

• Like 1

You play well, you keep your place, simple. If you adhere to that philosophy then the players know exactly where they stand, and the incentive to perform is maximised. Super Tommy Trybull starts next Sunday, he’s earned the shirt - plus the additional rest for Tettey will be no bad thing with plenty of games left to play. We are in a very healthy place, I expected Daniel Farke to be a success given plenty of time and patience, but a year ago, I never could have dreamed of the excitement he would be bringing to Norfolk today. The upwards trajectory, and speed of it, has been quite remarkable, himself and Webber have given our wonderful club a complete blood transfusion - give that man a new contract today! OTBC

• Like 1

From the comments section of The Grauniad...

Leeds spied on Northwich Victoria instead of Norwich City. 

:classic_biggrin: Brilliant!

Edited by First Wazzock
misprint

1 hour ago, First Wazzock said:

From the comments section of The Grauniad...

Leeds spied on Northwich Victoria instead of Norwich City.

:classic_biggrin: Brilliant!

That might explain some of Sat evening

19 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Considering he's a binner Benjamin Bloom does some very flattering reports. His latest on us v. Leeds on youtube is a belter.

Agree. He does some really good reports on Ipswich's games. He normally goes to almost all their home and away matches but I'm not surprised he was at Elland Rd......after all he needs to see some decent football now and again :classic_smile:

19 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Agree. He does some really good reports on Ipswich's games. He normally goes to almost all their home and away matches but I'm not surprised he was at Elland Rd......after all he needs to see some decent football now and again :classic_smile:

20 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I often check his reports on the binners games, not simply his being a view from the other side of the hill but that he is objective as car be. And I would not pay much heed if he was favourable. Honest journalism is always better.

Though you have to feel for him as he is usually sat in his car directly after their game and you can see by the look on his face it is a case of "oh fck, what another shower of **** that was".

For those interested, well worth a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbfGq2FP59I

Edited by Bill