Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

OT: Mings and Oliveira

On 03/02/2019 at 15:55, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Anyone thinking that is an accident is deluded. Mings has history. I cant see Oliveira playing for a while .  EFL wont do anything .

As for the Scummers celebrating it, is anyone surprised? Tinpot doesn't even get close.

Looks like you're right buddy. If the repeat offence had been on another Man UTD player I can only guess how serious the punishment would have been .....

Those sort of deep lacerations don't come about without force. 

Do people really people think that can happen without force being applied? It's not an accidental step, it's a stamp. 

I'm not Oliveiras greatest fan but I imagine there's a great amount of anxiety and depression after someone doing that to you. 

I'm not surprised his wife is livid and demanding justice. 

That is the most abhorrent thing I've seen in the game.

A Horse, Cow or Camel can avoid standing on or kicking a Human..................if it so wishes.

One cannot know the Mind of an Animal.

There is a tangle so it’s hard to say for certain and why I suspect the the FA/EFL hasn’t / won’t take action. 

However, for me, even in a tangle you avoid a players head at all costs. If he’d grazed his ear or the side of his head I’d be more understanding but the pictures seem to suggest bang in the middle of his face. That doesn’t suggest much effort to try and land out of the way.

Mings probably didnt intend for it to be as gruesome as it turned out ...but he clearly intended to "leave one on him".

Suarez got banned at both domestic and international level for biting twice...stamping on another players head is worse in my book and as he got a 5 game ban for doing this on Ibrahimovic in should be 10 this time....he might then learn to make a better effort in avoiding landing on someones head

35 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Mings probably didnt intend for it to be as gruesome as it turned out ...but he clearly intended to "leave one on him".

Suarez got banned at both domestic and international level for biting twice...stamping on another players head is worse in my book and as he got a 5 game ban for doing this on Ibrahimovic in should be 10 this time....he might then learn to make a better effort in avoiding landing on someones head

No further action, has been announced.

Edited by Bill

I’m amazed the FA hasn’t taken action. He may well not have meant to stamp on his face but he’s definitely meant to leave one on him there. 

This has really pissed me off and it’s not even to do with Oliveira’s Norwich connection or Mings’ Ipswich connection.

The decision from the FA makes zero sense, they can’t prove intent in this case yet they could with Ibrahimovic when it was a one-off incident?!

Of course there’s intent, he’s fully aware of Oliveia’s body position - he’s the one who knocks him down, anyone else would jump out the way or go to ground to avoid hitting his head. What does Mings do? Look down and plant his whole body down on Oliveia’s head. Absolutely sickening thing to do!

If that’s how players ran past others they’d be injuries like this on a weekly basis, yet strangely enough that doesn’t happen. In fact I can only recall this happening twice... ever in my lifetime, and both times it was him! This is not a coincidence and not an accident and I cannot fathom how anyone can think otherwise. 

Probably the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen on a football pitch and not even a ban.

If you’re still unsure just remember his name... Tyrone... Mings... if that isn’t the name of a thuggish **** I don’t know what is.

Exactly what I said would happen. Nothing. Mings has serious mental issues. His reaction immediately afterwards would fill a psychiatrists text book - Anger followed by Angst, Humiliation, Denial - he portrays the lot . If Villa had any decency they would drop him, but they haven't, and they won't.

I'd go for Boderline Personality Disorder.

Accidental? You have to be kidding.

• Like 1

Oliveira's laid up in a hospital bed, having surgery on his face and this **** is posting **** on twitter and thinks that makes it okay. 

I'm not a professional footballer but there would be some issues if I was on the pitch. 

What a ****. 

Mings has always been a nasty piece of work. I remember him putting in a vicious potentially leg breaking tackle when he was with Ipswich.

Hopefully he'll get found out before he ends someone's career.

The problem in this instance is that the fa's and efl's hands are tied by there own rules. Rightly or wrongly they are not allowed to take retrospective action if the ref has seen it and judged it at the time, and in this instance he did as he clearly waved play on and will have included his assessment in the match report.

Make no bones about it, this was a despicable incident and does merit further action, as the footballing bodies can't take any then perhaps civil/criminal proceedings are called for...

55 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

The problem in this instance is that the fa's and efl's hands are tied by there own rules.

Tough. There are overriding unwritten and written rules around sportsmanship here too. Even before people make a stink about this (or maybe Olivera sues) the EFL / FA should get off their butts and review this video evidence; there must be room for administrative exceptions to all rules, otherwise we will never ensure the good of our specific community... 

It's the referees fault. If he had said in his match report that he did not have a clear view of the incident at the time then retrospective action could have been taken. However, the FA's endless policy of insisting pretty much every professional referee they employ is a pompous, conceited, arrogant and embittered individual who failed at participating in sport so resorted in officiating it to get back at the talented ones who used to nutmeg them, stop, let them get back onside and then nutmeg them again, means that when they file their match reports, they're too up their own backside to even entertain the idea that they might have missed something.

Start recruiting retired sports people (and I don't necessarily mean footballers, just people with actual experience of sport at a decent level) to referee and the game would be so much better.

It was quite clearly deliberate. I have three Lego-obsessed kids, it's pretty much a daily occurrence that at the very last split second you see a piece of lego you're able to get your foot out of the way, it's a reflex action. Furthermore, these boys aren't wearing the old school studs anymore, they're wearing the less pointed blades. You run over someone's face with those one and it's going to hurt but you'll avoid major lacerations, unless that person really jams their foot down on their target.

Tyrone Mings is now only the second ever player I hope endures a career-ending injury (Muscat being the first).

• Like 2

I agree with everyone that I think action should be taken, it's not right that he can get away with this.

Suprised it's not been mentioned already, but Lukaku accidentially stamped on Koscielny's jaw about a month back. I am really struggling to find a video online, but that is an example of an accidental stamp on someone and a genuine concern for the player. You can't compare the 2, for me compunds just how guilty Mings is as the reactions are worlds apart.

Maybe Villa can intervene and say they don't want him any more.

Ben Barba, a talented but flaky Rugby League player is facing a life ban from his sport for something he did away from the game. He assaulted his partner. His registrstion has been torn up and the ARL will consider punishing him by a life ban.

Maybe the FA just needs to stop hiding behind regulations.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Maybe Villa can intervene and say they don't want him any more.

Ben Barba, a talented but flaky Rugby League player is facing a life ban from his sport for something he did away from the game. He assaulted his partner. His registrstion has been torn up and the ARL will consider punishing him by a life ban.

Maybe the FA just needs to stop hiding behind regulations.

Agree with your last sentence KG. Regulations, like policies, like protocols etc etc are meant to be used as guidelines. Surely nothing is completely sacrasanct as to be unchallengeable? If something is wrong or feels wrong, a good organisation will re-consider it's regulations. It will overturn them. It will create an exception. It will show discretion. To simply state that a referee ( in this instance ) has seen it and not acted, so therefore no further action CAN be considered is akin to a kind of negligence in my humble opinion.

Maybe Oliveira will reflect on what his options are.

But ...surely someone from the EFL or FA should be having quite an interest in all this. It is like a form of cover up or collusion otherwise. It could even be deemed morally repugnant. As other posters have stated however, only Mings will know what he intended or didn't intend.

...even common law has concepts such as what is  'reasonable'  to assume and not  absolutes? There may well be posters with better legal knowledge than me.