Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

OT: Mings and Oliveira

Mings got a five match ban when he stamped on Ibrahimovic's head a few years ago so it will be interesting to see what action will be taken this time. 

Logic would suggest that the ban would be longer for a second offence (for an offence that is very rare to see) but the EFL don't seem to be too active when it comes to taking action (e.g. Spygate... even a statement would be nice).

To me, there was definitely time for TM to place his foot anywhere else on the ground - or even pull his leg away and just fall down.

The way I see it, I've played in or watched thousands of football games in my time and I've only see a player land studs first into a players prone head twice. Most of time, in these tangles players will find a way to alter trajectory or these things would happen every week.

The two times I've seen this, the offence has been committed by Tyrone Mings, and then Tyrone Mings. This tells me it isn't an accident. 

I think that standing on an opponent's face is a surprisingly rare occurrence in Football. Marcos Rojo's stamp on Hazard was only to the chest and without any body weight behind it.  

I vaguely remember an incident a couple of years ago involving a Bournemouth player deliberately stamping on an opposing striker's head, but my recollection is a little vague.

Come on EFL, that was no accident. Given the injuries I would like to see a lifetime ban. There's no place for that kind of aggression in the Professional game.

8 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I vaguely remember an incident a couple of years ago involving a Bournemouth player deliberately stamping on an opposing striker's head, but my recollection is a little vague.

It was the same player. Mings did it for Bournemouth on Ibrahimovic.

Never mind a footballing ban, what about GBH, section 20 at the very least? From the video it's clear Mings looks down before planting his foot flat on Oliveira's face with full force. Disgraceful.

I have to go for accidental. I just will not believe that any professional footballer would deliberately stamp on another players head. I've seen them do it on feet and that is gruesome enough.

Only he knows if he meant it and if he did then I would ban him for life. Other players have died after hits to the head.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have to go for accidental. I just will not believe that any professional footballer would deliberately stamp on another players head. I've seen them do it on feet and that is gruesome enough.

Only he knows if he meant it and if he did then I would ban him for life. Other players have died after hits to the head.

But poor Mings is not capable of avoiding treading on another player, or

got to 3.00 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfeiOLpBEsg

33 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Even when the same player was clearly caught deliberately stamping on Ibrahimovic's head...? Is he just clumsy then?

Even when the same player was clearly caught deliberately stamping on Ibrahimovic's head...? Is he just clumsy then?

I have no knowledge of the Ibrahimovic incident. Did he get punished for it? All I am trying to say is that I do not know whether it was accidental or not but hope that he wouldn't try and potentially maim a fellow human being. But if he did then I advocated a life ban.

If you watch it in slow-mo KG - Mings natural line of footwork should take him a long way clear of Oliviera's head. He brings his foot down unnaturally mid-stride.

For Ibra incident - see below from 15 secs in... He got a 5 match ban for that incident.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

That is fair enough then KIO. I would advocate a life ban if their is an inquiry after the Reading match. Someone would have to have a deep down problem if they couldn't resist stamping on someone's head. And they shouldn't be allowed to do it anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kick it off said:

If you watch it in slow-mo KG - Mings natural line of footwork should take him a long way clear of Oliviera's head. He brings his foot down unnaturally mid-stride.

For Ibra incident - see below from 15 secs in... He got a 5 match ban for that incident.

You are spot on KIO, I am dumbfounded that some people across the Internet cannot see the unnatural movement of Ming’s foot in both cases, if he carries on running then in either incident your foot doesn’t suddenly fall short like that... it is so blatant.

And don’t let the half hearted apology afterwards fool you folks. That’s a bloke who knows from previous that he really needs to save his own bacon. Pure scum. I hope Nelson recovers well, best of luck to him.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

You are spot on KIO, I am dumbfounded that some people across the Internet cannot see the unnatural movement of Ming’s foot in both cases, if he carries on running then in either incident your foot doesn’t suddenly fall short like that... it is so blatant.

And don’t let the half hearted apology afterwards fool you folks. That’s a bloke who knows from previous that he really needs to save his own bacon. Pure scum. I hope Nelson recovers well, best of luck to him.

Look at the clip I posted above, where Mings was perfectly able to leap over his own keepers body.

I suspect that he felt it was Oliveira's face rather than his head that his studs landed on, which caused his response.

I referred to him as a lower league thug when he was with the binners - nothing has changed

Edited by Bill

Terrible incident, but hard to say whether it is an accident or not from the footage I've seen. What a banker though....

Mings could have avoided contact but chose not to. And it doesn't surprise me that some half wits on TWTD are applauding it. 

Anyone thinking that is an accident is deluded. Mings has history. I cant see Oliveira playing for a while .  EFL wont do anything .

As for the Scummers celebrating it, is anyone surprised? Tinpot doesn't even get close.

• Like 1

A vicious assault this severe is a matter for the police - This has nothing to do with football now. Any punishment should not be contained to football. 

This was a serious assault. 

Just breaking. No action by EFL for Mings' actions.

Nelson's wife has called for a lengthy ban today.

The more you watch that incident the more it looks dodgy.

59 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Just breaking. No action by EFL for Mings' actions.

Nelson's wife has called for a lengthy ban today.

The more you watch that incident the more it looks dodgy.

It's something that is not provable but Mings is on dodgy ground now if anything like that happens again. 

Hopefully the horror nature of the injuries he caused will make him a bit more careful in future.

Will the club be writing to the EFL? Nelson is OUR player and deserves our full support. This accident/assault potentially damages his career, certainly in the short term, and on a secondary level it may affect our financial interests in that player's registration value. 

Reading made this statement: this cannot be right. ALL players deserve protection to the full practical extent of the laws. Ignoring video evidence because the ref may have seen it from his particular viewpoint during he game should not be used as a cop out.

“But as the incident was seen by the ref at the time, we understand no retrospective action can or will be taken by the FA.”

Dermot Gallagher on Ref Watch on SSN says in this case it is very difficult to judge as in reality only Mings knows what he meant. He thinks the FA will look at it but it will find it hard to judge.

What goes around comes around. Just remember that Mings himself suffered a serious injury that kept him out of the game for a long time so wouldn't it be terrible if history repeated itself in the near future ? 😜😂

The fact that he has previous should have played a role in the outcome. 

He broke his stride to stamp on a man's face. As I said before, this isnt a football matter now, this is absolute thuggery. 

I wouldn't care if Nelson had spent his entire career banging goals in for Ipswich - I'm disgusted to see this sort of behaviour, Its an utter disgrace. 

It does appear that football thinks it makes its own rules and is a law unto itself.  Such is the arrogance of the game. 

Mings is backtracking because he didn't mean to cause that much damage, but only he is responsible for what he does and nobody else. 

Ive watched it several times. I didn't know Mings had done this before when I first watched the video with NO. Having played footie for decades, if a player is underneath you in a tackle, you look to land away from the player.

Only Mings will know, but his trajectory, his foot could have landed anywhere other than NO's face. He doesn't look to make any effort to fall forward, spread his leg, so it looks appalling.

To learn he's done this before is disgusting. He's a lucky man to get off scot free. Feel very sorry for NO, regardless of how you feel about his attitude at this club. No one deserves to be on the end of that.

Mings swore his innocence when he did it vs Ibrahimovic too and, to me, it looks just as difficult to see whether there was any intent or not.

What's the difference? Why did he get a five game ban last time but nothing this time? 

The fact of the matter is that the same player has committed a very serious - and extremely rare - foul twice. The EFL are useless and done sweet FA about Spygate too.