Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Outstanding

I am bursting after that.  Just fantastic, this is no hyperbole.  That game will be remembered for generations.  Astounding. 

That second half performance was up there with the best I've seen us play.

The midfield in particular was monumental. Vrancic can get some stick for not getting stuck in - but good god he put a shift in this evening.

• Like 2

Great team effort, and I thought some of our players had more in the engine if needed. Easier game than anyone could have predicted?

A very determined and hard fought performance.

Not once did they let up and it llooked tonight as if Farke had told them to attack, and attack again. Player were running at Leeds with the ball. Tippity tap was used to keep possession after winning the ball.

I'm not sure in Vrancic was wearing a shift, or something but he certainly got stuck in this evening. As with Steiperman he just looks better by the game.

And aside from the result it was a cracking game to watch, a real blood and thunder game.

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

And aside from the result it was a cracking game to watch, a real blood and thunder game.

The first half was a fantastic football. Even the Neutrals must have been having a time with that. Then the second half started and Norwich knew exactly what to do. The shots/attempts dropped precipitously in the second half and we drained them. Brilliant football!

• Like 1

Anyone else think this is some of the best Football City have ever played? I'm 55 years old so seen a lot of good City teams and us nearly win the Premier League but..we really are something quite special this season.

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Anyone else think this is some of the best Football City have ever played? I'm 55 years old so seen a lot of good City teams and us nearly win the Premier League but..we really are something quite special this season.

Duke, I'm wondering if it's as good as our 92/93 season. I think it is even though you tend to see today's play through tinted glasses. But, overall, I believe this is the best I've watched. And I'm older than you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Yep, similar age, and today was just awesome! Doubted we could have come away with three points, but watching that, we were awesome! Going up up up!

• Like 1

Outstanding is the right word, you were very impressive, and have been for a while now. I've just tipped you on our board to win the league, and I hope we are one place behind you. Good luck, if your defence was slightly better (keeper dodgy), I think you'd be a shoe in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Miss Demeanor said:

We are going up!

Steady

16 games to go, nothing is won in February.

I'm still of the opinion that 87 points will do this.

9 wins 3 draws allows for 4 defeats.

1 minute ago, Blademark said:

Outstanding is the right word, you were very impressive, and have been for a while now. I've just tipped you on our board to win the league, and I hope we are one place behind you. Good luck, if your defence was slightly better (keeper dodgy), I think you'd be a shoe in.

I'm not sure if the 'Champions of Europe' could handle their club falling apart ... yet again.

But I'm sure there's plenty of your lot (and even the blue side of the city) who will have enjoyed tonight - more so if you know any of these all white unfortunates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blademark said:

Thanks Blademark, very magnanimous of you. Sometimes it feels like its your year and this now defiantly feels like we're going up! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Steady

16 games to go, nothing is won in February.

I'm still of the opinion that 87 points will do this.

9 wins 3 draws allows for 4 defeats.

a point a game (relegation form) should see us into the playoffs

and as our current points per game average would put us on 87.4 points

your total would be about right

So I can't 'like' Blademarks post! WTF??

From what I've seen the last couple of weeks Norwich & Sheffield UTD are the best two teams.

• Like 3

Outstanding is exactly the right word for it. What a Fantastic performance.

Going to be two from the top three imo. whoever misses out is going to find it hard to take. Still think it will be us and Leeds in the end. COYY 

Outstanding. 

To think some of the abuse Vrancic got last season from plenty on here. Where has Lincoln Canary gone again?

Statement made.

Unbelievable performance. 

To think some of the abuse Vrancic got last season from plenty on here. Where has Lincoln Canary gone again?

• Like 2

I thought some of our attacking play was scintillating and while Leeds looked efficient and direct in attack we looked a class above. In midfield we were just superb, moving it quickly and first to the ball so often.

defensively we were sound against the team with the best home record in the division.

Krul made several excellent saves I thought.

16 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

I think we may see Leeds slowly slip away now. Tough game for them next week. Us and Sheffield Utd top 2, West Brom 3rd

Now? I think since their match against Hull we've been seeing the slippage.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

Like you I didn't expect that at all. Thought we'd do well to take a point.

Lovely isn't it...

Superb.😀