Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

I saw the City players bowling.

Just for a change from all things football I decided to go bowling the other night.

What did I find? The whole place was crawling with Norwich City Players and Staff. I decided not to interrupt what was obviously a male bonding session (and after all these guys are entitled to relax and unwind) so I controlled my infatuation and merely observed.

Ashton was superb. He hit strike after strike with power and accuracy and was well ahead of everyone else. But then I saw Worthy, Foley and Livermore take him to one side and they were obviously giving him advice. When he came back he wasn''t the same. he couldn''t hit a mules a*se with a banjo and eventually just seemed to lose confidence.

Our new player Carl Robinson was there. He sat to one side just staring at his bowling ball and sort of stroking it gently as it sat in his lap. I wondered if he was feeling intimidated perhaps by the ''quality'' around him so I caught Dickson Etuhu''s eye and nodded at Carl. ''What''s wrong with him'' I said. ''Oh! Nothing.'' Said Dickson. ''He just loves the ball, you know, really really loves the ball.''

Andy Hughes showed himself up a treat. He was crap all night then made himself look stupid by insisting on running around the premises applauding everyone from the lane staff to the shoe disinfecter.

Greeno had a bad night too. Lost his footing; threw the ball too early and dropped a few. Eventually he sat down in utter dejection, went to put his head in his hands - and missed.

Fleming wasn''t much better, he couldn''t hit a thing all night then got a lucky strike and went beserk.

Safri, now he was good. He fired in strikes from distance and was doing really well until he complained of tiredness and sat out the other half of the games.

Colin, couldn''t work him out. Whatever he did he just couldn''t get the ball over half way, extraordinary.

McVeigh had real problems despite having the lane bumpers and rollong ramp. Three times he followed his ball down the alley until Worthy screamed at him so loud the whole of Riverside could hear him. ''McVeigh get your finger out!'' This seemed to work for about one game in five.

Huckerby disturbed everyones games although he kept saying he was the best player. He started off in lane 12 but drifted left into lane 11 and kept drifting left until he found himself in a blind alley and lost the ball.

Worthy was thrown out by the management. He kept walking down the lanes and moving the pins. ''Why am I being thrown out!''  I heard him ask as he was manhandled towards the door. ''You were told to stop messing around with formations but you took no notice, now out you go.'' Worthy did say he didn''t care what they thought and sort of implied that he was in charge.

I was pleased Jarrett wasn''t there as he would probably been uncomfortable with the ball and got rid of it too quickly. Having said that he would still have had nothing to prove and would have at least talked a few good games.

Brennan did okay with one average game after another.

Mckenzie failed to show up and no-one could really explain why.

Etuhu was the overall winner. It was odd though how his pins fell long after the ball had struck and always preceeded by a gutteral cough and short burst of breath.

Let''s hope all of this manifests itself in a real team performance against Derby.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Ashton was superb. He hit strike after strike with power and accuracy and was well ahead of everyone else.

[/quote]

Pity he can''t do that on a football pitch.

Very amusing post. Even funnier that the first poster to reply to the thread appears to actually believe everything that went on :-) 

[quote user="Robbo007"]Very amusing post. Even funnier that the first poster to reply to the thread appears to actually believe everything that went on :-) [/quote]

Oh no he didn''t