Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Leeds Utd*****

1 minute ago, westcoastcanary said:

What also needs resurrecting is the second half of our recent win over Birmingham. Remember DF afterwards saying it was an opportunity to practice and improve our ability when it comes to defending a lead? Second half yesterday was perfect vindication.

Absolutely spot on!

noticeable too in DF’s interview he seemed to be happier with the 2nd half 

2 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

Sooty57's post doesn't upset me SR, but the level of silliness of it should upset him. The stats he gives are perfectly correct: Leeds had 67% possession and more shots than us. FACT. What he is actually purporting to discredit is not statistics, but the idea that a possession-based strategy and high number of shots per game is the key to success. Fortunately Daniel Farke and his team, together with such other "idiots" of the game as Pep Guardiola, know otherwise and have the statistics to support them. For a start, they know that a successful strategy is one that gets the best results most of the time, not necessarily every time. I wonder if Sooty57 smokes ........

Hence the wink. 😉

10 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Hence the wink. 😉

:classic_biggrin: Yes, I did notice, but I judged a degree of indirectness might ameliorate the acidity in the response ...... 

Edited by westcoastcanary
Removed repetitive phrasing.

32 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

:classic_biggrin: Yes, I did notice, but I judged a degree of indirectness might ameliorate the acidity in the response ...... 

Christ, my dentures fell just trying to read that. 😁

37 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Christ, my dentures fell out just trying to read that. 😁

38 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Christ, my dentures fell out just trying to read that. 😁