Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Leeds Utd*****

Well, that was brilliant, i shelled out €39 for two month sky sports on the nowtv stick, great value. Wifes birthday next Weekend, i'm cooking, get the feeling Sunday lunch might be Sunday Dinner. Watch out 1p5wich, we're coming to get you too.

Leeds corner that resulted in their only goal was never a corner. 

We showed the world how to play quality football. 

All the Sky talk was still biased towards Leeds. When will the Media start to realise exactly how good we are? Although to be honest all the hype and crap talked about other clubs can carry on. We are the best team in this league whatever the media thinks

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Well, that was brilliant, i shelled out €39 for two month sky sports on the nowtv stick, great value. Wifes birthday next Weekend, i'm cooking, get the feeling Sunday lunch might be Sunday Dinner. Watch out 1p5wich, we're coming to get you too.

I was given a Chinese box prepaid until August so I too was able to watch it live. Very very happy. 

Nice to shut Leeds fans up

19 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

I think by now that any opposition manager has long since identified Krul frailties. Fortunately he enjoys great protection from whatever team mates are played in front of him, meaning most of the time he is called on to make reaction saves.... fortunately he is s**t hot at these. :classic_smile:

Hope that Krul incident at the end doesnt result in anything.....if Kruls command of his box is questionable , the alternative in McGovern isnt overly appealing

38 minutes ago, Tired said:

image.png.0ca1cb18659c677e7942322d114dc82d.png

He scored two and the Guardian can't get his name right

I mean it's literally their job. So much utter incompetence seen in print these days. Endless typo's. Does noone proof-read before they hit publish?

Brilliant win.

I know we can carve up teams and score goals. So what impressed me most today was how good we were defensively in that first half, when we were put under severe pressure. The whole team was immense.

So proud of the way they played today.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Boris said:

what a teaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mario amazing game !

finally top reffereeeeeeeeeee

what a day!!!!

proud to be a canaryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Funny you should say that because when I tuned in at around 20 minutes I had two moments. Oh, good! 1-0 up! Oh, great, Stuart Attwell... 😕 

He did a good job today though

10 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Leeds corner that resulted in their only goal was never a corner. 

We showed the world how to play quality football. 

All the Sky talk was still biased towards Leeds. When will the Media start to realise exactly how good we are? Although to be honest all the hype and crap talked about other clubs can carry on. We are the best team in this league whatever the media thinks

Well Sky reporters changed their views tonight Harry. All the comments and by Goodman were positive and extremely complimentary

32 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Well Krul did cost us a goal, his command of the box is truly woeful. And could still cost us throughout the remainder of the season if teams pick up on this. However that was a quite brilliant team performance on the whole and we certainly look like champions elect. Farke is working absolute wonders. 

How in earth was Krul at fault for Wednesday's goal?

🤔

• Like 1

Mario gets better and better each game. Long may it continue. His forward play around the middle is great.

We have some superb players at the moment, it's looking good.

1 hour ago, Keith Scott said:

Krul is a decent shot stopper but anything in the box and the guy is beyond clueless. If Leeds have any sense they will pump balls into the box at every opportunity. Still think he will cost us at some point in this game. 

Wrong again - never mind at least it maintains your record of being consistently wrong.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Well Krul did cost us a goal, his command of the box is truly woeful. And could still cost us throughout the remainder of the season if teams pick up on this. However that was a quite brilliant team performance on the whole and we certainly look like champions elect. Farke is working absolute wonders. 

Such a turn-around considering how many had labelled him a busted flush in the middle of last season. Players certainly seem to be meeting their potential. Right now he has a great blend of foreign seniors and exciting home-grown players. A season before the blend didnt work as youngsters not really ready, some of our existing players not really adapting to the new methods like Jerome, and the foreign players not yet adjusted. A season later and it all seems to have come together. 

Credit to the board for sticking with Farke when many fans had already written him off.

What the board always wanted was someone to see the youth progress to the first team and Farke has done this brilliantly. Lets hope it is sustainable. In the championship I think it certainly will be. If we do go up this season it will be really interesting to see what approach is taken, how much the kids are seen as a risk etc, can our current foreign players, having adapted once, adapt again to a different level.

To be able to see homegrown players emerge the way they have at Premier League level would be remarkable

36 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I did a lap of the living room on the 3rd. Kicking myself for not going. Best performance since Wembley. Similar performance to that too.... high pressure, high stakes atmosphere and we just picked them apart and didnt give them a sniff. That was just total football. So many of my mates who support other teams have text saying what a ****ing performance.

Farke contract announcement on the pitch before the scum please.

And Bamford on the losing side...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I thought Krul played well again today. Godfrey and Zimmermann too. 

What's the average age of our back 4?

Young Twidio informed me it's 21.75.

They play with a bravery equal to Farke's bravery in selecting them.

So proud!

16 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Credit to the board for sticking with Farke when many fans had already written him off.

Shouldn't that read: "Huge discredit to the many fans who had written him off"? Do you seriously think the board ever at any time contemplated getting rid of DF? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sheff Utd were better than Leeds by a country mile. 

I was thinking this too Pants.

And losing 5 of their last 7 matches is quite a telling stat too.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Young Twidio informed me it's 21.75.

They play with a bravery equal to Farke's bravery in selecting them.

So proud!

Didn't DF say the other day that our "wings" are the youngest of any team in Europe? (I take it he means the FBs and the two in front of them, not just the two in midfield.) 

Edited by westcoastcanary
Typo

I'm not sure Crabby. I felt they were very strong in a 30 minute period in the first half. But our defence was excellent and they were not penetrative at all in attack. Second half we were commanding. Think they will be there and about the top 2.

3 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Didn't DF say the other day that our "wings" are the youngest of any team in Europe? (I take it he means the FBs and the two in front of them, not just the two in midfield.) 

They certainly were when it was Aarons/Buendia - Lewis/Cantwell

Unbelievable performance. 

To think some of the abuse Vrancic got last season from plenty on here. Where has Lincoln Canary gone again?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I'm not sure Crabby. I felt they were very strong in a 30 minute period in the first half. But our defence was excellent and they were not penetrative at all in attack. Second half we were commanding. Think they will be there and about the top 2.

Agree with you sonyc. Leeds have undoubtedly suffered from the uproar about "spying", not because the information gathering has had to stop, but because Bielsa and his staff have been distracted by it. Sheffield went through a bad patch and have recovered. I'd expect Leeds to recover too. After all, despite having lost four out of their last six league games, they still top the table, along with us.

The "sour grapes" post from the Leeds fan contained more than a grain of truth. Fortune favoured the brave today. 

Edited by westcoastcanary
Typo

52 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Unbelievable performance. 

To think some of the abuse Vrancic got last season from plenty on here. Where has Lincoln Canary gone again?

I'd forgotten about him! And Highland Canary? Where he gone? striding across the Trossachs, mumbling into his beard I reckon.