Sign in to follow this  
pete

Will Farke change?

Our tactics, why because Bielsa is so keen on planning against opponents he sends spies to check on them training.  I'm sure he will have looked at our recent performances and have a plan to counteract the tactics used e.g. possession based and attack minded.  Would Farke consider changing the way we have been playing maybe 3 at the back to make us more solid in defence and give us more height.  What about 2 DM's or 2 strikers.  Hopefully if tactics considered they haven't been spied upon.  The reason for altering the way we play was when Leeds played WBA who changed the way they played and reputably played a pressing game Leeds lost that game 4-1.  Seemingly they couldn't cope with the changed tactics.  If any changes don't work we can revert to normal tactics.

I expect us to go behind first half and come back second, maybe go ahead and hold on this time.  But definitely make sure we see out first half injury time without conceding.

Would be foolish to deploy any dramatic changes to the team for what will he the hardest game of the season. While there may be tweaks to player instructions (as there would be for any game) I don’t expect Farke to try and do anything majorly different. 

Doing so would probably mean Bielsa’s ‘spying’ and press conferences have gotten to Farke a little. Trying to get into a tactical battle with Bielsa will leave Farke exposed as there are few in the world better Bielsa. 

It will able who can impose their style on the opposition team and winning the ‘duels’. 

Both teams have shown inconsistency over the last month or so, so it will come down to who can play their own game and not get overawed by the occasion. 

I worry about how the Norwich player’s will cope with the atmosphere in Elland Road, which will be ferocious. This isn’t something Norwich have coped with well at other times. 

No, I can’t see Farke changing the system. Why would he? 1 unfortunate loss in the last 4 1/2 months, superb away form, no reason to! No reason to be fearful today either. We go there fully confident, team spirit high, let’s press high and take the game to them.

I’m confident of a win today 1-3 Norwich. OTBC.

• Like 1

Why change for the opposition. Hughton and Neill used to do that and we ended up playing the way the opposition wanted us to.

If Bielsa is so keen on knowing what other teams do, that means he is more likely to change his tactics or line up.

Leeds having stated their starting line up, but what's to stop them changing it 1hr before the start? 

If we can keep a clean sheet for the first 25 mins and retain a bit of possession then it is quite likely the extra support that are turning up today for them will become restless. This could play onto our hands. However, we are vulnerable to an early goal, so need all the luck we can get.

OTBC

9 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

Gotta have faith. This team is not like any normal Norwich team. Big win today. I can feel it in my bones. We have got this. Leeds know it. We know it. 

Surpassed even my expectations...

11 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

No, I can’t see Farke changing the system. Why would he? 1 unfortunate loss in the last 4 1/2 months, superb away form, no reason to! No reason to be fearful today either. We go there fully confident, team spirit high, let’s press high and take the game to them.

What a day! Was confident in the team today. Had a little flutter on 1-3, 33/1. OTBC

21 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

An early goal would be invaluable in order to quieten down the crowd.

.... and so it proved.  😁

22 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Would be foolish to deploy any dramatic changes to the team for what will he the hardest game of the season. While there may be tweaks to player instructions (as there would be for any game) I don’t expect Farke to try and do anything majorly different. 

Doing so would probably mean Bielsa’s ‘spying’ and press conferences have gotten to Farke a little. Trying to get into a tactical battle with Bielsa will leave Farke exposed as there are few in the world better Bielsa. 

It will able who can impose their style on the opposition team and winning the ‘duels’. 

Both teams have shown inconsistency over the last month or so, so it will come down to who can play their own game and not get overawed by the occasion. 

I worry about how the Norwich player’s will cope with the atmosphere in Elland Road, which will be ferocious. This isn’t something Norwich have coped with well at other times. 

Perhaps not a dramatic change, but we definitely deployed a different strategy yesterday and it paid massive dividends.

Perhaps he is one of the best, but Bielsa totally undone by Farke's tactics yesterday. 

23 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Very impressive prediction!!

Must admit I thought before the game that we had been shipping too many goals to come away with a win yesterday, but what a performance that was.

Of course derby games can sometimes turn teams' form on its head but if we produce anything like those levels next week then it should be very, very enjoyable!!