Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

State of Scum's season

Was just casting an eye over the table and it dawned on me that every team from 16th place upwards has double the amount of points the scummers have got!

Sheff Weds in 17th place can be added to the mix if they beat the binners today as another team that have doubled scum's points total. If Weds do win, then Brentford could also double their points with a win at home to Blackburn. Which would mean there were only 5 teams in the league with less than double their total points for the season. That is hauntingly bad. What a shame.

Only two teams have ever failed to reach the 30 point mark (Rotherham have failed twice and Blackpool a few years ago) - I wonder whether the scum might be bad enough that they can't get to 30.

5 points to avoid a record breaking season though - 23 is the lowest ever.

Edited by kick it off

I think Oli could improve Reading, they only need someone who can score goals and they seem best placed to clock up some points. 1p5wich are woeful, even their own fans don't feel confident about their chances. 

4 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I think Oli could improve Reading, they only need someone who can score goals and they seem best placed to clock up some points. 1p5wich are woeful, even their own fans don't feel confident about their chances. 

Quaner will score more goals than Nelson! I'd imagine Ipswich will still be in the mix with 5 games to go.

2 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Quaner will score more goals than Nelson! I'd imagine Ipswich will still be in the mix with 5 games to go.

The career stats dont suggest that at all. In fact Nelson has a far better strike ratio and is an infinitely better player.

2 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Who were you before in your previous life Jubbers, Portman King or Bluemike?

• Haha 1

Ipswich lost again today.

Reading & Rotherham both draw, so slip 1 point away from safety and lose 1 game to make up the difference.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Now NINE points from safety ( eight plus goal diff )

And only 5 teams left in the league who are yet to double their points tally 😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

Who were you before in your previous life Jubbers, Portman King or Bluemike?

Why? because I doubt Nelson's scoring ability??  

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Now NINE points from safety ( eight plus goal diff )

image.png.a165473797d18a40d6852a32f3fdb04e.png

29 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Nelson has more goals in this league than Quaner has in his entire career.

28 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Nelson has more goals in this league than Quaner has in his entire career.

As well as enjoying all the joyous threads on here, don't forget to visit TWTD - a few sound like they've got the Samaritans on speed dial.

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

You're probably right,  Mings has seen to that 😱

He'll be back, probably bag a couple in the next game.

14 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

He'll be back, probably bag a couple in the next game.

Trust me, he's going to need more than a face mask to recover from those injuries. 

The bottom 4 are all in real trouble but the scum are 8 points adrift of Rotherham while the other 3 are within 3 points of each other.  If I were going to bet on one of those teams to go down, the scum would be my first choice.  But it's far too early to say that they're down already.

10 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

The bottom 4 are all in real trouble but the scum are 8 points adrift of Rotherham while the other 3 are within 3 points of each other.  If I were going to bet on one of those teams to go down, the scum would be my first choice.  But it's far too early to say that they're down already.

Let's help them on their way Sunday yeah? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Lambert on Ipswich's game at Villa - “It’s the first time I’ve ever encountered losing two centre-halves in one day.”

Obviously PL forgot our home game vs Bolton in the 11/12 season where both our centre halves went off injured in the first half. Kyle Naughton did an impressive shift filling in and City won very comfortably 2-0. 

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=354&team2_id=1855

• Like 1

Realistically losing to Leeds on the last day of the season, resulting in Norwich being pushed into the lottery of the play offs, is Town's only chance of altering the outcome of both our seasons!

Still plenty of season to play though, for that not to be a possibility.