Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Easy run in

you be the judge of that

as we have after Leeds

16 games, whit 11 of those against bottom half teams

out of the 5 other teams in the top 6 we only play one (Boro)

• Like 2

We saw what a difficult run in can do not so many years ago in the Prem so you’d be mad not to be happier with this despite no game is a winning given. And let’s face it, from a psychological point of view, the players will have an added sense of confidence that we could claw it back against Leeds in coming games should we lose tomorrow night - I actually think perhaps weirdly that there’s more pressure on the Yorkshire team tomorrow night, I feel it’s more of a must win game for them given their upcoming fixtures, there is no question that we now have a team with key players still to return that can claw back points starting against Ip****e, whilst the likes of Leeds play all the rivals, and I bet they don’t take as many points out of those games as we will. Game on whatever the result tomorrow night 🥊

☂️

I've been thinking for ages ... IF we are still within touching distance after Elland Road we'll have one hell of a chance.

The quality of our squad and effectiveness of our coaches mean that against the average Championship side we should come out on top ... if luck is even and we're firing on all cylinders.

I still think WBA will ultimately pip us but I wouldn't be surprised to us finish 2nd either.

I fear that our leakiness wouldn't see us fair well enough in the playoffs ... we NEED top 2!

Good points (above) and nothing is certain in any game.However to still be second after laying those around us is heartening. And most importantly it is in our hands. Something I am sure every City supporter will welcome.

A third of the season to go and second. There's no one who can honestly say that's where they expected us to be way back in the summer.

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

whilst the likes of Leeds play all the rivals, and I bet they don’t take as many points out of those games as we will. Game on whatever the result tomorrow night 🥊

Sure. You do realise our record against the other sides in the top 6 is exemplary? And most of it away from home. 

Yours. Not so much.

51 minutes ago, Ant said:

Sure. You do realise our record against the other sides in the top 6 is exemplary? And most of it away from home. 

Yours. Not so much.

The difference between the two sides at the moment is your 3-0 win at CR, so, while your record against the top six may be better, we are more consistent against the other 17. We've only got Boro to play after Saturday, every point you accumulate from those top six sides helps us achieve a top two finish. 

8 hours ago, splendidrush said:

The difference between the two sides at the moment is your 3-0 win at CR, so, while your record against the top six may be better, we are more consistent against the other 17. We've only got Boro to play after Saturday, every point you accumulate from those top six sides helps us achieve a top two finish. 

Exactly that Splendido, A draw tonight would be fine with me ( preferer a win tho) after that Leeds are doing work for us, playing them that might catch us. First they were our feeder Club, after tonight they are our promotion assistants. Cheers in advance, Leeds.

11 hours ago, Ant said:

Yours. Not so much.

Then it’s a shame you’re not playing away from home then, isn’t it? 

OTBC

• Like 1

We seem to have put to bed previous times when we have been unable to put the lesser lights to the sword, this season struggled against better sides at home Stoke the exception a blip. Away record tremendous hope still intact after tonight.

"Two clubs now poised to break into the top six are both still to visit FCR (Bristol City and Blackburn). Others who could still make it into the play offs (Swansea and Hull ) are also FCR opponents. These games will be just as demanding as the recent 'high profile' matches of Forest, Derby and United."

Millwall are limited and they are where they are because of this.

Off course all of the above teams could present us with difficulties as it's the nature of the game;and especially of the Championship game we are frequently led to believe.

However, none of the have squads that I would want to swap for ours,especially when we are at full strength.

That means more wins than losses in my book.

Everyone seems to be talking up WBA, but Sheffield United are outdoing them once again today. Of course, that could have changed by the time we play tonight but I don't think they are any less of a threat than West Bromwich.

Which is annoying because my brother supports them, but I do grudgingly admire what Wilder is achieving.

Edited by Nuff Said

19 hours ago, Ant said:

Yours. Not so much.

A hiding in your own back yard 🥊, cheers 👍

And as for exemplary? Not so much 😜

OTBC

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

It always amuses me when fans look at fixtures and assume that a game will be 'easy' just because the opponent is 'not a big name' or 'just mid table' (or worse). Make no mistake that a number of our remaining matches are likely to be fearsomely difficult.

Take Millwall away on March 2nd. Just ask Everton about them! They were one of the best sides we've seen at FCR this season and we just edged them out 3-2. If we get anything from this game it will be a bonus. We also have Mr. Neil on a cold February evening away. 'Easy'? May be but extremely unlikely.  

Two clubs now poised to break into the top six are both still to visit FCR (Bristol City and Blackburn). Others who could still make it into the play offs (Swansea and Hull ) are also FCR opponents. These games will be just as demanding as the recent 'high profile' matches of Forest, Derby and United.

I still think that the top six (that has been remarkably intact for several months now) could change significantly before end of season. I expect at least one (possibly two) so called 'big clubs' to be hauled in by the chasing pack.    

I don't think that any one has claimed tat any of our remaing games will be easy.

What I was pointing was that nearly 2/3rds of them were against teams in the lower half of the league which would suggest they should be easier. And I would prefer to be playing the majority of of next games against the lower, rather than the upper half.

As to Millwall, maybe you should look at their result to today.

One tem dropping out of the top six to be replaced by another is hardly a' significant change' either

It always amuses me when fans look at fixtures and assume that a game will be 'easy' just because the opponent is 'not a big name' or 'just mid table' (or worse). Make no mistake that a number of our remaining matches are likely to be fearsomely difficult.

Take Millwall away on March 2nd. Just ask Everton about them! They were one of the best sides we've seen at FCR this season and we just edged them out 3-2. If we get anything from this game it will be a bonus. We also have Mr. Neil on a cold February evening away. 'Easy'? May be but extremely unlikely.  

Two clubs now poised to break into the top six are both still to visit FCR (Bristol City and Blackburn). Others who could still make it into the play offs (Swansea and Hull ) are also FCR opponents. These games will be just as demanding as the recent 'high profile' matches of Forest, Derby and United.

I still think that the top six (that has been remarkably intact for several months now) could change significantly before end of season. I expect at least one (possibly two) so called 'big clubs' to be hauled in by the chasing pack.    

I don't think that any one has claimed tat any of our remaing games will be easy.

What I was pointing was that nearly 2/3rds of them were against teams in the lower half of the league which would suggest they should be easier. And I would prefer to be playing the majority of of next games against the lower, rather than the upper half.

One tem dropping out of the top six to be replaced by another is hardly a' significant change' either

And one team dropping out of the top six to be replaced by another is hardly a' significant change' either

20 hours ago, Ant said:

Yours. Not so much.

Somewhat less exemplary now 😂

actually isn’t you’re record in your last 7 now 5 defeats in all competitions? Not exactly promotion form is it? If I were you, I’d be worried whether you can hold on to 2nd place...

20 hours ago, Ant said:

Yours. Not so much.

Somewhat less exemplary now 😂

actually isn’t you’re record in your last 7 now 5 defeats in all competitions? Not exactly promotion form is it? If I were you, I’d be worried whether you can hold on to 2nd place...