Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

It's me! It's Tettey!

14 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Good news he's back, if fully fit you'd have thought he goes straight into the lineup ?

That's a good question ICF. You could make a good case for starting Tom & bringing on Alex later - but if so when? Or vice-versa?

Tricky one.

Leitner back in training next week, presume the feeling is too soon for Ipswich? Really would like him back asap. 

Yeah, it amuses me when people are talking about Leeds getting over their injury "crisis" but Leitner is absolutely key to us being at our best and the sooner he's back, the better.  Having said that, the derby is probably not the ideal game for him to restart, so if he's just returning to training middle of next week, it would make sense for him to restart the following game or so.

5 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yeah, it amuses me when people are talking about Leeds getting over their injury "crisis" but Leitner is absolutely key to us being at our best and the sooner he's back, the better.  Having said that, the derby is probably not the ideal game for him to restart, so if he's just returning to training middle of next week, it would make sense for him to restart the following game or so.

Tend to agree - worried  that  if he  started against  Ipswich he'd be  kicked off the park again!

Trybull for me has been the best player on the pitch in our last two games and deserves to start in my opinion. He's a better player than tettey in my view anyway. 

13 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Trybull for me has been the best player on the pitch in our last two games and deserves to start in my opinion. He's a better player than tettey in my view anyway. 

Really haven’t seen that. He’s been good, but better performance than Buendia vs Brum...nope. Better than Stiepermann or Hernandez vs Sheff Utd...not in my opinion. 

A fully fit Tettey should be starting. Just leaves Leitner and Klose of the spine to return.

14 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Trybull is probably better at some things than Tettey, but he doesn’t have the same defensive attributes that Tettey brings. Trybull certainly gets caught out of position more than Tettey does - although his performance against Sheff U may have been his best for while. 

Today’s game will have a very high intensity and that is something Trybull can struggle with and which Tettey excels at more than anyone else in the squad. The experience of Tettey could also be crucial in a game that will most likely be very bad tempered. A lot depends on Tettey’s fitness, but if he is available for the game he should definitely start. 

Agree Bethnal, tettey is a stronger 'anchor'. Trybull is a better (particularly his disguised, forward penetrating pass) passer. But Tettey to start for me, even if he's only good for 60mins.

2 hours ago, lincsy88 said:

He is certainly more mobile

Tommy was excellent against Sheffield United, but for a game of this magnitude and intensity you've simply got to start Tettey. His discipline, positioning and tenacity will be essential if we're to stand toe to toe with Leeds.

Trybull works more between the CB's than I have seen Tettey trying.  Decision based on what I saw against Birmingham but what he did there was impressive, certainly better than against Hull.  One factor in playing Tettey against Leeds is his physical attributes i.e. taller and more physical.  Maybe if a back four possibly 2 DM's to keep it tight first half until we can go for it when Leeds may tire due to Bielsa approach.

Whoever plays just hope we manage to keep it tight.  3-0 defeat a blot on our record not lost by more than one goal in the 5 defeats a proud record.  Lets keep the record by beating Leeds and going top.  

A hell of a game for Alex Tettey to make his comeback in. He will be straining at the leash to be starting but Tom Trybull has played well and is match fit. Who'd be a manager eh?

My main concern today is how well Vrancic will cope with defensive duties. We are likely to have to soak up quite a bit of pressure and his lack of mobility and pace may well be a factor. Our young defence will certainly be under pressure, but they coped well against West Brom and if they hold firm we have a great chance of 3 points.

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

What has McLean done wrong one asks? He and Tettey (if not both) should be starting today in my humble opinion. Can see McClean ultimately going down the same track as Ben Marshall as Farke shows no signs of 'using / rotating' the squad. Hope I'm wrong but if not then you heard it here first...…………………….

Who would you drop for McClean though? Can’t be Stipermann or Vrancic as they have been among Norwich’s best players recently. 

Show of faith by DF with that central 4 of Zimm, Godfrey, Trybull & Vrancic keeping their spots. Farke certainly likes minimal disruption from week to week. Strong bench though.

Hopefully the lads can pull this one off today. Big game

16 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I would certainly be getting McLean far more involved than he has been. Last week it was crying out for some physical presence in midfield and for a guy to 'get up and down'. Mclean can do that. We were overrun at times in second half by Blades. Fans round me were almost screaming out for substitutions on about 65 - 70 minutes yet Farke seemed to think 'we were comfortable' .

For today I would have left out Vrancic and played McLean. Vrancic is a lovely player given time on the ball. When you close him down he disappears. Today (and as the season reaches the 'business end') the boy Vrancic may be too much of a luxury I fear. 

Only Buendia has made more successful tackles per 90 mins played than Vrancic (excluding players with only a small number of minutes). He doesn’t go missing at all. He has the best combined tackles + interception numbers in the whole squad. 

McLean himself has said that he isn’t as comfortable in the deeper role and his best position is as a 10. I don’t see him as a physical player at all. 

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

For today I would have left out Vrancic and played McLean. Vrancic is a lovely player given time on the ball. When you close him down he disappears. Today (and as the season reaches the 'business end') the boy Vrancic may be too much of a luxury I fear. 

Isn’t it horrible when you post something like that.

Thank goodness none of us are the manager, Farke got it spot on with selection and tactics - the pressing in particular more impressive than ever.

Tettey gets more time to recover, Vrancic is making a strong claim  to keep his place regardless of Leitner coming back. I'm not sure any of us know what our strongest side is anyway. 

I can't help thinking that, given that we have a lot of known good players coming back out of injury, but they'll be replacing players who have performed excellently in their place while they've been laid up, perhaps a bit of more regular rotation should be introduced. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

50 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

How could we drop Vrancic when he scored 2 and his deflected shot fell to Teemu for the other goal? Plus an all-round excellent performance.

He can't drop Vrancic at the moment, the man is on fire and seams to be involved in just about everything good at the moment. But having a playmaker such as Leitner to come back when needed is a testament to our recruitment policy. 

Great times to be a Norwich City player, even better being a long term supporter. 

• Like 1

Did we read somewhere that Farke convinced Timm Klose to stick around this season as "something special" was a-brewing? 

This has the hallmarks of one of those remarkable seasons that will live long in the memory. Enjoy the ride.

5 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Did we read somewhere that Farke convinced Timm Klose to stick around this season as "something special" was a-brewing? 

Trouble with that is, now that something special is happening Timm may not get back in. 

• Haha 1