KiwiScot

Championship Transfers

I'll leave it for you guys to discuss  the whos' and wheres' and whys'

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/every-done-deal-championship-transfers-2495007

Looks like West Brom, Villa going out to get an extra push for promotion with Stoke splashing the cash. Blackburn also with that 7mil signing. Sheffield, Forrest some interesting ones there as well. Into the Championship grinder they all go. Who comes out nobody knows.

Some of these show how warped the market is- £9m for Sam Vokes???

Feel like some of these teams must have 7 or 8 loanees by now.

I still feel we're doing things the right way, no panic, just building our squad. Smart acquisitions at prices we can afford, and most of not all will command higher fees if they move on. No more Ricky's or Naismiths. I don't include Matt Jarvis as he has been desperately unlucky.

28 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

According to that Stoke have had a net spend of £31m?!?!? Even with parachute payments how is that sustainable or within FFP?

I assume they are putting all their eggs in making a late push this season and may have to start a bit of a clear out in the summer. However this seems pretty questionable as they are firmly mid-table and aren't in great form.

I'd imagine Butland, Diouf, Martin-Indi and maybe even Tom Ince will be up for grabs in the summer.

The one I'm baffled by is Villa- their wage budget must be huge and the squad is exceptionally bloated.

I think villa are at s hit or bust stage now. There's nothing they can do to meet ffp before next year's evaluation (it is over the previous 3 years so this is the last year before they get assessed) so they've embraced it in one final desperate lunge for the line and hope they escape before they can get punished...

We have signed another international player so I wonder are we still in danger of not having enough home grown players? 

2 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

We have signed another international player so I wonder are we still in danger of not having enough home grown players? 

It's a mystery. 🤔

2 hours ago, Harry53 said:

We've not had a problem so far have we? Only one who went out is Marshall and he wasn't even getting on the bench for a lot of games.

2 hours ago, Harry53 said:

You can have as many as you want, it''s who is in the match day squad that counts.

5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

We've not had a problem so far have we? Only one who went out is Marshall and he wasn't even getting on the bench for a lot of games.

Marshall was on the bench for almost every game, he just wasn’t being used. It is also the injury to Thompson that is a kicker. Norwich will have to manage the squad to accommodate lack of home grown players, it is an unfortunate situation to say the least. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

I agree that it's unfortunate and that we may struggle if we have injuries. Point is, we've managed it. I am guessing we'll have to put some U23's on the bench for a game or two. But everyone was saying that a while back and I think it's happened once? Or not at all!