Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Top of the league at Elland Road?

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Leeds are getting over their injury crisis and I can’t see them falling away now. It will be Leeds +1 for the automatic spots. 

I'm wondering, if the players who got them to the top suddenly start getting replaced, whether it'll unsettle them. Of course the ones coming back have to get up to speed,  form may be an issue, at this stage of the season consistency will be key. 

Seeing what their next game is I think this is appropriate.

You can tell him now, we're still fighting for this title and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something - and I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it.

• Like 6

Given the position we are in at the moment, second, on merit, All we really have to do is maintain our position. That sound simplistic but it's an undeniable fact. Of course I would love us to be promoted, but if we're not,i don't think it would be a disaster. The way the Club has been reconstructed is a long term project, we now have a system that is financially sustainable and our progress this season has been remarkable.

We have not thrown money at a 'make it or bust ' attempt at getting to the premier League and I believe that we will be stronger next season whatever league we are playing in.

25 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Given the position we are in at the moment, second, on merit, All we really have to do is maintain our position. That sound simplistic but it's an undeniable fact. Of course I would love us to be promoted, but if we're not,i don't think it would be a disaster. The way the Club has been reconstructed is a long term project, we now have a system that is financially sustainable and our progress this season has been remarkable.

We have not thrown money at a 'make it or bust ' attempt at getting to the premier League and I believe that we will be stronger next season whatever league we are playing in.

Yep - very much this.

We have a top two spot at an advanced stage of the season - it's ours to lose.

I don't give a monkeys about Bielsa hiding in bushes or how many strikers WBA & Sheff Utd have bought. We average 2+ points (or whatever we need) over the remaining games and the job is done.

50 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Seeing what their next game is I think this is appropriate.

You can tell him now, we're still fighting for this title and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something - and I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it.

Laughed way more at this than I usually would on this forum

Edited by Flying Dutchman

23 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The problem is that it would be highly likely that if we just miss out on promotion after an excellent season, then we risk losing everyone from Webber and Farke to our better players, I’m sorry but your idea that everything would remain the same and we’d just go from strength to strength for next season in this day and age is a little fanciful. That’s the brutal reality. Trust me, it’s very much in our interests to go up this season... 

59 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The problem is that it would be highly likely that if we just miss out on promotion after an excellent season, then we risk losing everyone from Webber and Farke to our better players, I’m sorry but your idea that everything would remain the same and we’d just go from strength to strength for next season in this day and age is a little fanciful. That’s the brutal reality. Trust me, it’s very much in our interests to go up this season... 

I don't disagree that it's in our Interest to go up, nor did I say everything will stay the same, I would expect some changes if we do, or don't. My point was that a have overhauled he way we do things and I am happy with that.  We are making progress. The rest is conjecture. That's all really.

What Alex said, I’m afraid.

Just because we have plan B (buying young players) and C (bringing up quality through the academy) now, plan A is still best and least risky

Have to agree with Alex, it would be naive to think everything would stay the same and we would just have to pick ourselves up...

I would take a point from this game atm....

We risk losing players even if we go up. We will go up if we are one of the best two teams in the league or have a good play off.

That will attract bigger clubs to our players in itself.

29 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We risk losing players even if we go up. We will go up if we are one of the best two teams in the league or have a good play off.

That will attract bigger clubs to our players in itself.

If we go up, I have no doubt we’ll be able to keep hold of all the players we wish to keep - a very different scenario to that if we stay in the Championship. We appear to have a very tight group and I reckon they’ll be more than happy to keep progressing with us, at least for the immediate future. But I’m confident we’ll do the business so I’m not concerned at this moment in time.

Yeah, I've forgotten how much the Prem money is nowadays but isn't it upwards of £100m for the bottom club or something equally insane ?  So we'd be able to offer a lot of extra money to players who might otherwise be tempted away even budgeting sensibly for the possibility of immediate relegation, and they'd know that with us they would be playing regularly in the Prem for at least a season, unlike if they move where there's a high risk they'd struggle to get in the first team. 

All of this means that if we go up, it's much harder for Prem teams to target and prize away our upcoming stars.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about tomorrow. It could go either way. But a bettor would be putting money on the home team... Especially as it's Leeds, as their home form is excellent.

But, for sure, given we are second in the table, playing the way we are, I would be very disappointed to be in the play offs come May and not in the automatic places.

I would have taken the play offs of course before the season started. But having seen the way we play, this is a golden opportunity.

I think we still need 10 wins and that will do it. 

• Like 1

If we do miss out on auto, then fail in play offs, it would of course be a disapointment, but not compared to how we started the season. At the time of those first half dozen games, many fans would have settled at the time for City having a chance in those play offs. I consider we are good for next season financially, finally, finally, seeing the back of Naismith, Jarvis, Pinto and maybe Oliveira to, will not harm us one bit either.

Elland Road will be the best atmosphere since 2004 this is coming from a season ticket Leeds fan for the last 10 years. 

It it will take some effort to beat us. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, norwich1992 said:

Elland Road will be the best atmosphere since 2004 this is coming from a season ticket Leeds fan for the last 10 years. 

Just watched highlights of your home game with Hull, as a Season Ticket holder, no doubt you were there. If I were being polite I'd say you were bang average, that's not saying you will or won't win, just that, like every other Team in this League,  have an off day and you're there for the taking. 

6 hours ago, norwich1992 said:

We will beat you.

Whats with waccoe banning people. Whats bwrong with a bitmof fun 😁

17 hours ago, norwich1992 said:

Back in your ****ing box son.