Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

A very disappointing day

20 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The board blatantly aren’t sitting on millions. Anyone who thinks so hasn’t been paying attention to the accounts or reality. 

Apart from Thompson and Morris, who can’t be called ‘key players’, everyone will be back in time for the Ipswich game. 

As King Canary says there really aren’t any areas where I think Norwich would be able to improve in the January window - the most expensive and difficult to deal in window. I don’t look at any of the signings made by Norwich’s rivals this January and think “ah, he’d be better than what Norwich currently have”. In reality Webber managed to get everyone Norwich needed in the summer, so unlike some of our rivals we haven’t had to go a whole season with key weaknesses. Imagine how far Leeds might be ahead if they’d sorted out the obviously need for a keeper last summer. 

What you’re talking about Bethnal, is that the owners have taken their cash out.  Anyone who thinks this isn’t so, hasn’t been paying attention.  

What I’m talking about, is the owners backing the coach.  Like I said, it will either look incredibly clever or incredibly stupid.  

In reality, we've effectively had more new signings this season than anyone!     Aarons, Cantwell, Godfrey, Buendia, all unexpected starters and now Heise.      Team spirit and a cohesive plan override quality at this level especially as we already have lots of that.   

We have plenty enough with this group.   Tettey, Klose, and Leitner to come back in, options all over the park, for example if we had too, move Aarons forward and bring Pinto / Passlack in. Godfrey can cover Tettey if we need the guile.....Rhodes and Srbeny, McLean and Hanley chompin'   No need to worry about the other teams, this teams just getting better....  We're consistent, evidently difficult to beat and 'Champions' material!

Why sign more players..... OTBC

27 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

What I’m talking about, is the owners backing the coach.  Like I said, it will either look incredibly clever or incredibly stupid.  

Isn’t that the case with most decisions club management make? Buy someone for 10 million who scores you thirty goals, great. Same player does nothing and you’re lumped with high wages for the next four years, less great. Every decision is based on what they think is best at the time. 

I personally agree with comments above that we probably couldn’t bring anyone in who would improve the first team without spending money we don’t have. We’ve got players coming back from injuries so don’t really need much extra cover. I’m not too bothered that we haven’t got anyone in.

9 hours ago, Making Plans said:

So where were you in 1992/3?

In The States working the whole of the 90's