Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Rumours

An overrated album, or one that has stood the test of time?

Yep, slightly bored for 10 mins, sorry.

Not bad actually. Gold Dust Woman is probs. my fave track.

Loved the old Peter Green incarnation. Green Manalishi is terrific. In fact it's going on youtube as we speak.

In between I think Crabby. Definitely of its time. It was summer in New Zealand (where we were living) when it was released and Go Your Own Way pounding out with the windows full down was de rigueur.

On yet another note, pity the Ireland game clashes with our match against Leeds. I thought it would be a good afternoon, watching our big pack shove it up 'em at 2.30pm. Will have to try and record the rugby and watch it afterwards.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It was summer in New Zealand (where we were living) when it was released and Go Your Own Way pounding out with the windows full down was de rigueur.

... trouble is kg, they're still playing it, you think things move slowly in Norfolk. 

28 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

In between I think Crabby. Definitely of its time. It was summer in New Zealand (where we were living) when it was released and Go Your Own Way pounding out with the windows full down was de rigueur.

On yet another note, pity the Ireland game clashes with our match against Leeds. I thought it would be a good afternoon, watching our big pack shove it up 'em at 2.30pm. Will have to try and record the rugby and watch it afterwards.

I know kg, I am actually leaving for a trade show, and leaving Norfolk early to get to the hotel before ko time(s) (and missing an ex players meal at my Rugby Club!!). Hoping they've got two separate screens in the bar, and I can enjoy a beer or two in comfort, whilst turning my head every 30 seconds 🙂 

I don't want to know about this. I played it once and I'm never going back again.

The trouble is, once you release an album like this, with such incredible sales it's always hard to follow it. It usually goes... the next album is crap - still trying to replicate the success of the last album. The one after is better, but still not as good as the first one...and so it goes on ad infinitum

... trouble is kg, they're still playing it, you think things move slowly in Norfolk.

Was in Levin in February and I think they were still playing Living Doll! Year before we were in Foxton and they were playing Vera Lynn!

On 31/01/2019 at 20:31, keelansgrandad said:

2 great games!

2 great games!

Indeed Percy (Cornish Boy). Watched the 1st half of the Ireland game, watched us and watched the rest later.

I think there is more to come from England and hope that peaks at the World Cup.

12 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Which one is you ? 

7AB623AB-8AE0-42DA-9335-4EEF7C04062A.jpeg

You know that feeling when you wake up on Sunday morning and can't remember what went down the night before?... and wonder, who invited this lot round?