Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Pinto to Ipswich

Think that link is about as far off the mark as Ivo usually is from his man.

I guess now we understand why we kept hearing 'Pinto set for turkey move' recently.

Jokes aside, he's probably quite similar to Chambers in that he's a defender that isn't very good at defending but is really good at giving the crowd a roight ol' fistpump, so he's probably a good fit. Not sure he would take a permanent move there given their likelihood of dropping, though.

If he goes hope he signs under same arrangement as Nelson at Reading.

Rivvo, no spam, just a mistake, link now corrected

Ron, thanks for your post!!

Edited by Since 1980
Needed to thank a poster for their correction

Might be a goer if he and his family are settled and want to stay in the area.   Wouldn't hold it against him if he did either, comes across very well as a likeable genuine character.

Unless he won't have any defensive responsibilities, I don't think he would strengthen them.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Unless he won't have any defensive responsibilities, I don't think he would strengthen them.

I know Pinto isn't flavour of the month here but if you've watched much of Jordan Spence you'd know he's an improvement. 

Doubt he'd be enough to keep them up mind.

19 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

But how are they going to afford his wages?

Pinto will be earning £0 in a few months time when his contract expires. 

It sounds like he wasn’t made any offers from Turkey so he can really go around expected big wages from anyone. 

21 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Pinto will be earning £0 in a few months time when his contract expires. 

It sounds like he wasn’t made any offers from Turkey so he can really go around expected big wages from anyone. 

He'll still be getting paid though and unless we chip in I don't see how the paupers are going to come up with the money. 

36 minutes ago, king canary said:

I know Pinto isn't flavour of the month here but if you've watched much of Jordan Spence you'd know he's an improvement. 

Doubt he'd be enough to keep them up mind.

I couldn't find a tongue-in-cheek emoji.

12 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

He'll still be getting paid though and unless we chip in I don't see how the paupers are going to come up with the money. 

But he’s only getting paid for another 150 days or so.

He may feel this is the best contract he will be offered and go for it now, rather than risking something smaller coming along in the summer. 

He isn’t exactly flooded with offers it seems. 

18 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Wages are down to the club who he has a contract with (us)

how much we can extract in fees/contribution is a moot point depending on many variables

Ivo Binto

He's under contract with us till the end of the season so he'll make no less by staying here. It's not as if he'll stay at 1p5wich after his loan expires. I can't see what's in it for anyone. 

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

But he’s only getting paid for another 150 days or so.

He may feel this is the best contract he will be offered and go for it now, rather than risking something smaller coming along in the summer. 

He isn’t exactly flooded with offers it seems. 

I'd imagine at best someone will take him on a 6 month loan to take a % of wages off our books. 

I don't see him having issues finding a club at the end of the season though.

Even less likely then. Why would Ivo and his agent give up 6 months of high wages to be playing in League 1 next season?

If he moved somewhere realistic today I still reckon Norwich would be paying him a % of his wages for 6 months.

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Even less likely then. Why would Ivo and his agent give up 6 months of high wages to be playing in League 1 next season?

If he moved somewhere realistic today I still reckon Norwich would be paying him a % of his wages for 6 months.

I guess if he feels like a longer term deal might provide stability and also he might want to play football.

It may be he could have 6 months at £30k (estimate) or 2.5 years at £10k (again, complete guess work) and might opt for the latter. 

I would be surprised if he does go to Ipswich, due to their immediate prospects being bad. But Pinto has been looking for a new club since last summer and has received zero acceptable offers. The closer he gets to his contract expiring the more desperate he will become. 

Clubs like Ipswich who are fighting relegation tend to get a little silly with their money as well. They may offer him a pretty big deal out of desperation. 

Pinto has a young family and a move to Ipswich means not having to move house. It could be a factor in his decision making. 

Hopefully he can find something before the day is done.

I mean, with an infinite number of universes there probably are some where that will happen.

Unless we find him a club to take a decent chunk of his wages for 6 months I doubt he'll move.

27 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

He's under contract with us till the end of the season so he'll make no less by staying here. It's not as if he'll stay at 1p5wich after his loan expires. I can't see what's in it for anyone. 

The binners get a better quality player - on the cheap as it will be highly unlikely they can meet his full wages

We get to save money through whatever proportion of his wages they pay

Pinto has a better chance of another contract elsewhere if he is playing at a level above the U23s

Pretty much a win all round

He's a decent full back at this level, he's lost his place only because we've had an exceptional youngster come through.

A bit surprised if he's struggling to find a move but I wonder if he's on wages that are a bit high and hasn't come down to a more realistic level.

Would be a major surprise if the binners could make it worth our while - at the moment he still gives valuable cover for the position.  So hopefully a complete non-story !

1 hour ago, Hairy Canary said:

On their site now that the deal is off. Not sure it was ever on TBH

I think they are planning on bringing in James Bree- good little player I think and wages are probably a bit lower.