Sign in to follow this  
Worcester Yellow

Oliviera

15 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Just wondering, has a player ever left Norwich and become more popular than when he played for us?

Hux in the states perhaps?

Dean Ashton at Wet Spam?

Bellamy at Cardiff?

Can't think of many, that's for sure!

Nelson rating from football.london :

Oliveira 8

Confidently smashed home the penalty to cap a fine debut performance. Was full of running and did not allow the Bolton defenders any time on the ball. Strong on the ball, helped link up play and had several chances to add to his tally. Should have been given a penalty in the first half when he was taken out by the keeper.

If he keeps going should up his transfer value a tad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Has that ever happened with any club in the entire history of football ?

That's why I asked the question.  If Oli goes on a run and his goals help Reading survive it will condemn 1p5wich and if he can score against any of our rivals at the top of the table he could, indirectly, help us to promotion. I know it's a big ask and I know it's unlikely but he could become a legend in 4 months. 

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

That's why I asked the question.  If Oli goes on a run and his goals help Reading survive it will condemn 1p5wich and if he can score against any of our rivals at the top of the table he could, indirectly, help us to promotion. I know it's a big ask and I know it's unlikely but he could become a legend in 4 months. 

This^^^ 

They play Leeds and West Brom at home later in the season as well as Sheff Utd away. 

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Just wondering, has a player ever left Norwich and become more popular than when he played for us?

Andy linighan was pretty popular but maybe more so when he scored in the cup final for Arsenal to secure our place in Europe...Chrus woods too who was the keeper he scored against

19 hours ago, AJ said:

Hux in the states perhaps?

Dean Ashton at Wet Spam?

Bellamy at Cardiff?

Can't think of many, that's for sure!

It wasn't physically possible for Hucks to be any more popular than he was here at Norwich! He's still the player I was most excited at the signing off, when his loan was made permanent that Christmas...

(And, what do they know about footy - sorry soccer - in the States anyway!?)

Hucks has to be our most exciting individual player to watch since I've been watching City which was about 1990.

Good move to send Oli to Reading, there's no doubt - they're certainly not going to be rivalling us now so no risk of Bassong-style assistance to a team getting promoted and any points they take from Leeds etc would certainly help us.  And if he helps them finish above the scum, he'd definitely get brownie points.