Sign in to follow this  
Black belt ninja

Formula 1 Thread (Any year including 2019)

I thought I'll start a new thread here. 

Until recently, I only saw Formula 1 on tv and i am a big F1 fan. I got the chance to go to a F1 event for the first time. Not just any F1 event but the one in Singapore. The whole experience was a dream come true moment. Seeing the cars, drivers, the street circuit and Singapore for the first time, all in one. I loved every minute of it and i'll never forget it. I made a video of my experience and wanted to share it on here. Here's my F1 experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfnCv1RbWWA&t=6s

Ok, the current world champion is Lewis Hamilton. This first race of 2019 will be in Melbourne, Australia on Sunday 17th March. It's going to be a year where either Red Bull, Ferrari or Mercedes could win both titles this year. So who do you think will win this year? I really don't know, it's too close to call.

As much as I like a Brit to win, and most of the cars on the grid have a Brit connection even if no driver, F1 has become something to watch from 5th place down.

When Hamilton goes roaring off in front by 20 seconds you never get to see him apart from pit stops or the second half of the last lap.

We do need some competition for him. That could well be Verstappen if they improve the car enough. But unless they improve it enough to challenge for pole in qualifying, no matter what happens in the race, Red Bull have to normally go past four cars.

If Hamilton still has the hunger, and I think his ego is so enormous, he wants to be the best ever, then it is difficult to see anyone beating him often enough over a season of races.

I would have to disagree slightly. I think the competition between the top 5 has been a bit more closer in 2018 as well as all the other cars. In 2019 I think Ferrari and Red Bull will up there gain, making this new season i think more exciting. I agree Hamilton does have an enormous ego but he isn't the first F1 driver to have one. 

Michael Schumacher - Immortal (The Youtube Video). 

Michael_Schumacher_Ferrari_2004.jpg

(Image above: Ferrari F2004, Wikipedia)

Michael Schumacher is known by many as the greatest racing driver in human history. I have to admit the video below has been made brilliantly and it's worth watching. Schumacher began his career with Eddie Jordon who brought him into Formula 1. Schumacher later joined Ferrari and went to become the greatest driver ever in Formula 1 history by becoming a seven time Formula 1 World Champion by 2004. I grew up watching this great man and I will never forget the memories he made while driving for Ferrari. 

To all motorsport fans on here. Here is the YouTube video below of the great Michael Schumacher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ahkfc1kKg

Edited by Black belt ninja

Last lap drama of the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Lewis Hamilton becomes the youngest F1 driver to win the Formula 1 World Championship, one of many to come.

Arguably one of the most dramatic ends to a world title race in Formula One history culminated in Lewis Hamilton becoming the sport's youngest world champion in 2008. As thunder boomed over the Interlagos race circuit in Brazil, and on a track becoming wetter by the second in the closing laps, Hamilton was on the verge of missing out. Running in sixth and with title rival Felipe Massa (with Ferrari) running away with the expected race win, Hamilton's heart was about to be broken for a second time.

Interlagos_2006_aerial.jpg

(Image: Interlagos Race Circuit, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Wikipedia)

But he can thank Toyota for taking the title as they failed to call in Timo Glock to take on wet tyres. With the German still on dry rubber and running in fourth at the time, he slowly started to drop back. Just one kilometre from the conclusion of the Brazilian Grand Prix, and at the penultimate corner, Hamilton passed Glock to claim fifth place - and with it the title. In the end Hamilton became a champion by a point after so nearly losing it on race wins countback to Massa.

Youtube video of the last laps drama of the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix which many remember as one of the best finishers to a Formula 1 race ever. Watch it here:

The Formula 1 Abu Dhabi 2010 Grand Prix - Sebastian Vettel wins he first Formula 1 World Championship for Red Bull and become's the youngest Formula 1 driver to win the Formula 1 World Championship.

Aston_Martin_Red_Bull_Racing_logo.svg

(Image above: Red Bull Racing logo, wikipedia)

At 23 years and 106 days, Sebastian Vettel took the title with a faultless drive from pole position to the chequered flag in Abu Dhabi (UAE), resisting a strong challenge from Hamilton, who in 2008 had achieved the same feat at the age of 23 years and 307 days. Hamilton came home 2nd, after a long period of frustration behind Robert Kubica in the Renault, and was followed home by his team mate Jenson Button, the outgoing 2009 champion. It was Vettel's 10th career win - his 5th of the season - and came from his 15th pole. Understandably, an emotional Vettel wept both in his car, on his slowing down lap, and also on the podium as the German anthem was played. His team chief Christian Horner told him: "Sebastian, you are the world champion." Vettel replied with. "I love you." Later (Vettal), looking drained added: "I feel exhausted and a bit speechless at the moment to be honest. It's been such a long and tough season for us all. I am exhausted physically and mentally and it is the same for us all. "It's like a dream and I can hardly believe it". Vettel then went on to win the 2011, 2012 and 2013 F1 World Championships with Red Bull Racing. Since 2015 he now drives for Ferrari.

Highlights of the F1 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix can be seen here below: