Sign in to follow this  
Otis62

Transfer Market

Woodburn did have an injury in December which may have limited his appearances, but in the half-season he played 7-8 times for Sheff U which isn’t stunning.  He was definitely mentioned as a possibility for us in the summer, perhaps the thought would be that he’d be a decent fit in our set-up - which he still might be?

I think Livepool insist on extra fees if their player doesn't play. Unless we're signing a guaranteed starter from them I doubt we'd be interested.

Quite a nice pipeline of players we have with Luton now.

I'd say if they develop themselves as an established Championship team with more money to hold onto their prospects they could become a really good side.

Klopp has said he’d only want Woodburn to go out again if he’ll be a guaranteed starter. So that would probably rule Norwich out. 

It might be Farke and Webbber can convince Liverpool that Norwich wouldn’t be the most beneficial club for Woodburn even without as much game time as he might get elsewhere, but that does seem unlikely. 

Someone like Curtis Jones might be more likely, but I’m not sure how beneficial a loan player would be to Norwich right now anyway. Farke often takes a while to intergrate new players and the season could be pretty much finished by the time anyone can have an impact. 

Maybe the additional wide player Norwich want is someone like Josh Coley or Spyrou, who are already at the club and intergrated into the system already. 

Would be happy with Curtis Jones on a cheeky loan. Don't need starting players but Jones would be an interesting alternative/versatile attacking option.

10 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Well, it seems Tyrone Mings is available for loan.................

Bu££er! and they were so hoping to get a percentage of his fee when he moved to Man C. or Chelsea. Poor 1p5wich :classic_biggrin:

So are we all ready for tomorrow's deadline day dealings then?  Can't see much happening myself!  Think the Pink'Un's advertising income will be well down through payment by views and clicks being diminished tomorrow, so expect something to come along to spark interest.  Some old footage of past games or a bit of gossip on an ex-player perhaps?

Apparently Sheffield United are in to take Scott Hogan on loan. With him and Sharp up top, that's quite a scary proposition.

18 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Bu££er! and they were so hoping to get a percentage of his fee when he moved to Man C. or Chelsea. Poor 1p5wich :classic_biggrin:

He certainly set the PL alight !

I thought Sheff U had only just got Madine in on loan, so not sure why they’d want Hogan?

It does feel like it’ll be a quiet day for us, perhaps the odd loan out and maybe one in...though probably not even the latter 

Edited by Branston Pickle

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

thought Sheff U had only just got Madine in on loan, so not sure why they’d want Hogan?

I thought the same thing, he’s not going to replace Sharp so could spend a fair bit of time on the bench

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I thought Sheff U had only just got Madine in on loan, so not sure why they’d want Hogan?

It does feel like it’ll be a quiet day for us, perhaps the odd loan out and maybe one in...though probably not even the latter 

Leon Clarke has just gone to Wigan so they are in the market for someone. They play with two upfront every game so need a few options. 

Apparently they are also going to tie up a permanent deal for Dean Henderson. So add that to Madine, Dowell, and potentially Hogan they are having a good window. 

They had a pretty clear need for striker additions as Washington and Clarke weren’t really adding much and Wilder likes to mix things up, up front. They will push Norwich until the very end of the season. 

Hogan confirmed to Sheff Utd. 

Good bit of business, I'd have liked him here.  They certainly have plenty of options for the run in!