Sign in to follow this  
Otis62

Transfer Market

After Daniel Farke’s comments about possibly strengthening the squad with a winger would Jamal Lowe be someone that would fit that role if available ? I thought he really stood out for Portsmouth.

I doubt the club could afford him as Portsmouth would he loathed to lose their best player so late in the window, especially when pushing for promotion. It would be the equavilent to Norwich selling Buendia or Pukki. 

I would expect any late moves in the market to be a loan rather than a permanent signing. Norwich don’t have much cash to play with and with promotion an uncertainty it is hard to plan ahead. Loan in someone now and there is no long term commitment. 

• Like 1

Personally, I doubt anyone will be brought in. 

Farke wasn’t full endorsing a new signing and January is an expensive month to do anything, even loan signings. I don’t think Norwich’s need is so great that they will be prepared to pay any large sums of money. 

With players coming back from injury we do have a near full first-team squad, but with Marshall, Thompson and Morris our of the picture a homegrown player wouldn’t be a bad idea - we’re only an injury away from being very short.

I personally think we’ve not quite been up to speed in defence. The combination of Godfrey and Zimmermann hasn’t done badly but we have shipped too many goals in recent games after what was a decent Oct to mid-Dec.  Klose coming back could be key, if he breaks down again we will surely be wishing we’d brought someone in.

56 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

With players coming back from injury we do have a near full first-team squad, but with Marshall, Thompson and Morris our of the picture a homegrown player wouldn’t be a bad idea - we’re only an injury away from being very short.

I personally think we’ve not quite been up to speed in defence. The combination of Godfrey and Zimmermann hasn’t done badly but we have shipped too many goals in recent games after what was a decent Oct to mid-Dec.  Klose coming back could be key, if he breaks down again we will surely be wishing we’d brought someone in.

Hanley?

Hanley doesn’t seem to be fancied at the mo - but my concern would be Klose breaking down and us perming 2 from a choice of only 3 for the remainder of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hanley doesn’t seem to be fancied at the mo - but my concern would be Klose breaking down and us perming 2 from a choice of only 3 for the remainder of the season. 

5 centre backs when Farke only plays two is a bit extreme. How do you sell the idea of coming in and being 4/5 choice to a new player who is actually going to be better than Godfrey or Hanley. Personally I’d say the centre back position is where Norwich are strongest right now. 

Agreed - if we need anyone, it'd be a left back and a right/left winger for me.  We have played Aarons and Godfrey at Left back, but only in an exceptional circumstance.  Its a small squad, but every position bar these two is covered, though the homegrown situation is a bit of a challenge:

GK - Krul, McGovern + Oxborough

RB - Aarons, Passlack, Godfrey (assuming Pinto is leaving)

LB - Lewis, Godfrey, Aarons

CB - Klose, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Hanley

CM - Tettey, Trybull, Vrancic, Leitner

LM - Buendia, Hernandez

RM - Hernandez, Cantwell

AM - Stiepermann, MacLean

ST - Pukki, Rhodes, Srbeny

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

5 centre backs when Farke only plays two is a bit extreme. How do you sell the idea of coming in and being 4/5 choice to a new player who is actually going to be better than Godfrey or Hanley. Personally I’d say the centre back position is where Norwich are strongest right now. 

We are only stronger IF Klose is fit, which was precisely my point.  I doubt we’d want/get anyone in now but our current defence just always looks like it will concede at some point.

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

We are only stronger IF Klose is fit, which was precisely my point.  I doubt we’d want/get anyone in now but our current defence just always looks like it will concede at some point.

Godfrey and Hanley aren’t  shabby replacements for Klose. It’s not as if Norwich would be able to 3 or 3 centrebacks all as good as Klose. I don’t think Klose’s injury has been the reason for Norwich conceding more goals, I think it is more the fact Klose’s injury has come when Norwich are facing some of the best teams in the league. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

Afalley released by stoke. Decent player when his head is in it. Would be big question marks over his attitude and pay. But as a free signing who's capable of playing out wide - we could do worse 

Yes im pretty sure there is someone from Liverpool en route. Every chance it could be a member of staff or something but theyre looking to relocate to riverside..

2 hours ago, River End Canary said:

I fully expect a home grown youngster from Liverpool to be joining us. You heard it here first

Is it Ken Dodd?

11 minutes ago, Grando said:

Cilla Black? She could put in a lorra lorra crosses from the wing...

Since its Liverpool it will probably be from the left wing.

Could be Rafael Camacho, knew him as a 12 year old, he was at Man City originally and can play as full back, wing back or winger and still young, 18 I think?

17 hours ago, River End Canary said:

I fully expect a home grown youngster from Liverpool to be joining us. You heard it here first

Ben Woodburn please - although according to some, Hull and Baggies sniffing.

18 minutes ago, NWC said:

Ben Woodburn please - although according to some, Hull and Baggies sniffing.

Norwich  certainly tired to get him in the summer. Have to be a few question marks about why he couldn’t make an impression at Sheff U though and he isn’t really a winger, so may struggle to get much game time at Norwich as well.