Sign in to follow this  
NorwichRat

Leeds away day....

15 minutes ago, StuartL said:

And that picture is 11 years and 12 days old. 

League One v Doncaster. The attendance was 31,402.

If you're going to have a cheap pointless pop at least don't look stupid while doing so.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/elland-roads-east-stand-upper-tier-remains-empty-during-the-news-photo/834085166

http://www.wafll.com/leeds-statistics/leeds-2007-08.html

So inflated by a lot of fans for Doncaster then ?

When we played at your place in 2009 (which I mentioned above, when Beckford scored at the death after Forster fluffed a goal kick direct to him) the attendance was under 20,000. 

1 minute ago, It's Character Forming said:

So inflated by a lot of fans for Doncaster then ?

When we played at your place in 2009 (which I mentioned above, when Beckford scored at the death after Forster fluffed a goal kick direct to him) the attendance was under 20,000. 

Those were the days. Turn up and get in. Beer was cheap too

1 hour ago, StuartL said:

And that picture is 11 years and 12 days old. 

League One v Doncaster. The attendance was 31,402.

If you're going to have a cheap pointless pop at least don't look stupid while doing so.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/elland-roads-east-stand-upper-tier-remains-empty-during-the-news-photo/834085166

http://www.wafll.com/leeds-statistics/leeds-2007-08.html

Seriously Stuart?

What was that Doncaster game? Did they let everyone in for 50P?

You can't claim I look stupid by basically agreeing with the point I made. And you're doing nothing to dispel the stereotype that you're a slow-witted bunch celebrating things that never happened.

League One 2009/10 - Norwich v Leeds 25,445

Championship 2018/19 - Norwich v Leeds 25,944

So we have 500 more fans compared to the so-called doldrums.

League One 2009/10 - Leeds v Norwich 19.912

Championship 2018/19 Leeds v Norwich 35,000?

15,000 more fans compared to the so-called doldrums?

Doesn't matter what label you prefer a glory hunter is still a glory hunter.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

From memory, I believe we had the best average attendance in League 1 that season.... up until the final game when 35,000 of them showed up to watch their Team finish a distant second. Glory boys personified. Still, they'd be an ideal fit for the Premiership. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

From memory, I believe we had the best average attendance in League 1 that season.... up until the final game when 35,000 of them showed up to watch their Team finish a distant second. Glory boys personified. Still, they'd be an ideal fit for the Premiership. 

Pity your delusions don't match the facts. https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-one-2009-2010/1/

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

There's slow-witted. And the there's this...

Arguing with facts now you carrot crunching inbred?

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not arguing. I think we're all in agreement here. You even posted the evidence...

Not arguing either mate and those stats are silly. Most of our low attendances were due to boycotting Ken Bates and the like. We have been getting over 30,000 on average since the beginning of last season. Where is our glory hunting? We haven't seen the top flight since 2004. This is our time and I believe that you will be coming up with us. Peace out and whatever the result on Saturday, West Brom and Sheffield UTD have still to come to our place. 

3 hours ago, Observant said:

Pity your delusions don't match the facts. https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-one-2009-2010/1/

So over the entire season you topped us by 3,400. We have a 27,000 seat Stadium, your final home attendance was around 35,000,which means up until the final game we were around 4,500 up. No delusion here, just basic maths. Oh, and welcome to the site, unfortunately it did'nt take long for you to fall into the nasty habits prevalent on other sites you may be familiar with. 

Edited by splendidrush

11 hours ago, Observant said:

Arguing with facts now you carrot crunching inbred?

This has to be one of the most cringingly embarrassing interventions I’ve ever seen on an Internet forum.  I’m not sure which is worse, has the penny dropped with “Observant” (LOL) that he was actually linking to stats which supported the point he was disagreeing with, or has he not yet understood this?

hint: when in a hole, stop digging!!

i do like the line “those stats are silly “ and will use this often in future.

I did say 'from memory ' because it was an article I read at the time, it wasn't something I made up. It must also be pointed out that if you're going to call yourself Observant, there are some criteria that goes with it.... he probably won't be back 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I did say 'from memory ' because it was an article I read at the time, it wasn't something I made up. It must also be pointed out that if you're going to call yourself Observant, there are some criteria that goes with it.... he probably won't be back 😉

Yes, that was my memory too from the time  and he helpfully provided the link to back it up!!

If anyone was observant they would have noticed how efficient Leeds are at emptying the stadium. It looked half empty before we saw 4 minutes raised. 

Soon be closing those top tiers again...

• Haha 1

So when we get promoted and they inevitably fail in the play offs what players of theirs would we like? Be a shame not to cherry pick their best talent again, wouldn’t it? 

• Haha 1

Perhaps we can give Roofe his dream move and then stick him on the bench and never play him! Sounds familiar....

On 31/01/2019 at 17:57, nutty nigel said:

Seriously Rider!

The fact they have those crowds this season is exactly my point. 

League One 2009/10 - Norwich v Leeds 25,445

Championship 2018/19 - Norwich v Leeds 25,944

So we have 500 more fans compared to the so-called doldrums.

League One 2009/10 - Leeds v Norwich 19.912

Championship 2018/19 Leeds v Norwich 35,000?

15,000 more fans compared to the so-called doldrums?

Doesn't matter what label you prefer a glory hunter is still a glory hunter.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If anyone was observant they would have noticed how efficient Leeds are at emptying the stadium. It looked half empty before we saw 4 minutes raised. 

Soon be closing those top tiers again...

I see what you did there you scallywag......😉😉

26 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Leeds have regularly had attendances of well over 30,000 this season so not sure how you can justifiably label them 'glory hunters'!

Of course we would still have had all fans in their seats at FCR if roles had been reversed? I think not. Just look at how FCR emptied as game at home in August was petering out towards the end.

Tonight was  a great performance by our Yellows but Leeds have tremendous support (their away following is vast by the way) and it is childish to try and dispute that.  

Just shows how little you know.  I live in Leeds currently.  The stadium has been half empty for a long time, until this season.  Leeds’s support is entirely contingent on league position.

On 28/01/2019 at 22:43, Bitesyerlegs said:

Elland Road is going to be one hell of  atmosphere!! Will be stand up or crumble time. 

The atmosphere was fantastic! The home fans did make a bit of noise as well 🤓

On 29/01/2019 at 11:43, Bitesyerlegs said:

Elland Road is going to be one hell of  atmosphere!! Will be stand up or crumble time. 

We'll make that "crumble time " then shall we?

On 02/02/2019 at 21:44, Kingston Yellow said:

Just shows how little you know.  I live in Leeds currently.  The stadium has been half empty for a long time, until this season.  Leeds’s support is entirely contingent on league position.

Last season we averaged 31,525, a large increase on the previous season's 27,698. The capacity is 36,500. We've not averaged below 21,500 since 1988. 

And who would have thought it? A football club's attendances being dependent on success 15 years after relegation and implosion. What an alien concept. Back then you were averaging below 20,000 for every season but one between the end of the 70s and around 2003. You even averaged under 15,000 for several of those years. So, come on, be real.

Anyway, password problems and illness has stopped me getting back on since the game, and though water has passed under the bridge since I'll buck the trend and say that unfortunately you were the better team on the day and thoroughly deserved your win. No ifs buts and maybes.

Some of you will argue, and Vrancic's injury won't help (and I bet you all pray for Pukki's continued good health!), but if you don't go up there's something wrong. We just need to shake off those pesky Blades between us, though you could say the same about us.

The transformation has been amazing since our visit to Carrow Road. I don't think any team in the Championship is equipped to go up this season, but you've been the best of the bunch.

EDIT: I mean go up and stay up, obviously!

Edited by StuartL

43 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Good post Stuart. Leeds and Norwich have been the best two teams. Easily.

If our goals matched our approach play we'd be half home and hosed. As it is we could well be looking up at you and Sheffield United tomorrow, and then the nerves really jangle.