Sign in to follow this  
NorwichRat

Leeds away day....

Cannot wait for Saturday. Planning to drive up in time for a beer in Hotel then get to the stadium about an hour before the game. Going to be one hell of an atmosphere and that's just from our lot.

Cannot see us loosing this. Betting on a draw but If we have Klose back we can win this.

They giving it big time on waccoe buy some are worried... And so they should be COYY

Of course we're worried. The second best away record coming head to head with the best home record. It has the makings of a classic.

But seriously? Driving up and then just one beer in the hotel? And at the ground for an hour before kick off? That's rock 'n roll!:classic_blink:

I haven't been in Yorkshire for a while,  ... This has all the makings of a classic! I hope we have Klose back , ... the defence will have to be at the races...

Totally has the makings of a classic.

Leeds have been around the top of the table all season but have struggled recently with 3 defeats in their last 5 league games.  Also if you look back to their win against Villa on 23 December, their winning goals have come after the 85th minute except for their comfortable win over Derby.  Time will tell whether they are choking as they did back in League 1 ten years ago, or it's just a blip.

City have also had a sticky patch with one win (and one defeat) in their last 5, but despite this a win on Saturday will guarantee City go back on top of the table.

Both sides have scored numerous late goals and both have come back to win after being a goal down after 90 minutes.  It will have to be a pretty comprehensive scoreline for the fans of the winning team to start to relax !

So, nailed on for 0-0 then !

44 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Leeds have been around the top of the table all season but have struggled recently with 3 defeats in their last 5 league games.  Also if you look back to their win against Villa on 23 December, their winning goals have come after the 85th minute except for their comfortable win over Derby.  Time will tell whether they are choking as they did back in League 1 ten years ago, or it's just a blip.

City have also had a sticky patch with one win (and one defeat) in their last 5, but despite this a win on Saturday will guarantee City go back on top of the table.

Both sides have scored numerous late goals and both have come back to win after being a goal down after 90 minutes.  It will have to be a pretty comprehensive scoreline for the fans of the winning team to start to relax !

I'd take that now.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You can’t say it would be a bad result.

but it would make for a very nervy last 20 minutes (on both sides to be fair).

i can still remember the 2009 game at ER when Fraser Forster fluffed a goal kick (right at the end) straight to Beckford who ran in unopposed to score the winner.

mind you we had the last laugh that season!!

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Only the perennially dull Middlesbrough and inexplicably Hull have stopped us scoring at home, while only Hull (again!) have stopped you scoring away from home. 

0-0 seems a real outlier, but stranger things have happened.

2-1 to either side. Impossible to call which way IMO.

4 minutes ago, Bitesyerlegs said:

Elland Road is going to be one hell of  atmosphere!! Will be stand up or crumble time. 

No reason to suggest that you'll crumble, is there? Top of the League,  home game, what could possibly go wrong?

Hey Nutty looks like Norman's brother Glory has paid us another visit. It will be good to see that upper tier in their stand open again. It was closed the last couple of times i went to Elland Road.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, StuartL said:

Of course we're worried. The second best away record coming head to head with the best home record. It has the makings of a classic.

But seriously? Driving up and then just one beer in the hotel? And at the ground for an hour before kick off? That's rock 'n roll!:classic_blink:

Never stuck to the one beer.... never will..... apologies for the gaff 😁

Not been so excited since we went to wemberly. Gonna be epic COYY

20 minutes ago, Bitesyerlegs said:

Run out of beer at Half Time?

I'd be very surprised, I would have thought that Bielsa, with his attention to detail, would have this well in hand. 

I have to be honest i'm not hugely confident about this one due to our defending of late. If Tettey is back then i'd be tempted to play him with Trybull just to give us a bit more solidity as I feel that we have been a little too easy to play through in recent games with attacking midfielders on the opposition side getting to run at our defence too often.

That said we are still playing pretty well and producing some fantastic football so i can see us scoring as well. i certainly can;t see it being 0-0!

14 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I have to be honest i'm not hugely confident about this one due to our defending of late. If Tettey is back then i'd be tempted to play him with Trybull just to give us a bit more solidity as I feel that we have been a little too easy to play through in recent games with attacking midfielders on the opposition side getting to run at our defence too often.

That said we are still playing pretty well and producing some fantastic football so i can see us scoring as well. i certainly can;t see it being 0-0!

Kiss of death ?  C'mon guys, I'm travelling up there when it's on TV and whenever the consensus is that a game is going to be a thriller, we all know what happens...

Maybe WCC can come up with some stats for that 🤣

On 28/01/2019 at 22:43, Bitesyerlegs said:

Elland Road is going to be one hell of  atmosphere!! Will be stand up or crumble time. 

A bit different from these days then Glory ?

image.png.fd3163468c20cff21a31dea77cb74ef4.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A bit different from these days then Glory ?

image.png.fd3163468c20cff21a31dea77cb74ef4.png

That's how I remember it for a few seasons. It will probably be full on Saturday but if they fall away will the stand be closed again next season...

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That's how I remember it for a few seasons. It will probably be full on Saturday but if they fall away will the stand be closed again next season...

Shock horror that a team in the doldrums has fewer fans through the gate then compared to when they're doing well.

Who would have thought it?

Edited by StuartL

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

And that picture is 11 years and 12 days old. 

League One v Doncaster. The attendance was 31,402.

If you're going to have a cheap pointless pop at least don't look stupid while doing so.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/elland-roads-east-stand-upper-tier-remains-empty-during-the-news-photo/834085166

http://www.wafll.com/leeds-statistics/leeds-2007-08.html

Edited by StuartL

2 minutes ago, StuartL said:

And that picture is 11 years and 12 days old. 

League One v Doncaster. The attendance was 31,402.

If you're going to have a cheap pointless pop at least don't look stupid while doing so.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/elland-roads-east-stand-upper-tier-remains-empty-during-the-news-photo/834085166

http://www.wafll.com/leeds-statistics/leeds-2007-08.html

Are you on waccoe ? Very quick to ban visitors ,😀

Sarurday it's going to awesome COYY

Indeed NorwichRat WACCOE is always so welcoming to visitors. Maybe some dogs abuse should be handed out to our visitors on here as it appears to be standard behaviour  on their forums and Twatter accounts. 😜