Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Away Fans and Luggage

Strange one this, but anyone ever had the problem of travelling to a game and staying over somewhere, but unable to get somewhere to store their luggage before a game? I've created this problem for myself.

Plus whats the experience of taking small backpacks into stadiums(as opposed to the larger one giveing me problems) as from what I can remember I've taken them in in the past.

Bags larger than 40cm x 35cm x 19cm (small bag/handbag) will NOT be allowed into the stadium.

Not sure how strict they are on it, I mean they have softened up a bit and let me take my bottle cap in with me.

Which ground is this for? If youre taking a train then many bigger stations have storage lockers. There are also companies in major cities that do it as a job.

Preston and Bolton. Idea was to train in, preston game, go to manchester then bolton game then straight home. Completely forgot I'd need to deal with the bag. I can't google any lockers/storage in those places. Only left luggage nearby is Manchester. I think I can manager with a small backpack, but you won't know until you rock up if they let you in. Checked a website called Stasher, but nothing there.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If you are staying in a hotel over night, most will store it for you for a while so you can watch the match and after, collect it.

Yeah my fault, but I booked the trains giving me not much time to ditch/collect the bags.  Inface the bolton game I didn't realise it could have been called off. Hell it still could be moved for TV. I've done some thinking and would rather go backpacker style(small backpack) than pay to rebook all the trains and the back and forth hassle.

I mean not that I ever bring it, but the kilt is out. As is the Norwich top.

Edited by KiwiScot

If you can manage with a small backpack I suggest phoning to check it will be ok and what is prohibited.  I’ve been to many champ games with a small rucksack and seen others too, it’s normally searched but never had a problem.

Hotels will normally let you leave luggage for an afternoon as has been mentioned.

alternatively you could see if someone from here is going to the games and meet up and stash your luggage in their car for the game? I will definitely be going to Bolton and would be able to do this if you want, but am not sure yet about Preston due to work commitments . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Preston and Bolton. Idea was to train in, preston game, go to manchester then bolton game then straight home. Completely forgot I'd need to deal with the bag. I can't google any lockers/storage in those places. Only left luggage nearby is Manchester. I think I can manager with a small backpack, but you won't know until you rock up if they let you in. Checked a website called Stasher, but nothing there.

Preston did have them about 6 years ago if that helps https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/self-storage-lockers-at-railway-stations.62297/ - Might be worth giving them a call to check if they're still there. For Bolton - you're welcome to ditch it in my car for the duration of game - haven't booked parking yet but will depend on how much train turnaround time you have before/afterwards I guess.

• Like 1

Good timing! I work for Stasher, the first ever luggage storage platform - think the Airbnb for bags. We work with hundreds of hotels and hostels worldwide who store bags for our customers. Our first ever customer was a Charlton fan who needed to store his bag before heading to the Valley, we have since stored over 160,000 bags. We partner with Premier Inn and the Nelson opposite Norwich train station recently joined our platform. I myself used it to store my bag before the Sheffield United game on Saturday - £6 per bag per day - you just need to book online: https://stasher.com/luggage-storage/norwich Fully insured, no hassle - spread the word!!

53 minutes ago, Steen Nedegard's 35 yarder said:

Good timing! I work for Stasher, the first ever luggage storage platform - think the Airbnb for bags. We work with hundreds of hotels and hostels worldwide who store bags for our customers. Our first ever customer was a Charlton fan who needed to store his bag before heading to the Valley, we have since stored over 160,000 bags. We partner with Premier Inn and the Nelson opposite Norwich train station recently joined our platform. I myself used it to store my bag before the Sheffield United game on Saturday - £6 per bag per day - you just need to book online: https://stasher.com/luggage-storage/norwich Fully insured, no hassle - spread the word!!

Preston and Bolton.... Ssame result for both.

image.png.353512bd662fb7b067dca2699cb23587.png

Edited by kick it off

Thanks guys for the offers. I will decide once I'm sure the Bolton game has not been changed as to what I am doing.

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

Preston and Bolton.... Ssame result for both.

image.png.353512bd662fb7b067dca2699cb23587.png

Apologies - misread your post and thought you were looking for Carrow Road. Working on locations at both preston and bolton - hopefully will have something in place for when you head up .OTBC

1 hour ago, Steen Nedegard's 35 yarder said:

Apologies - misread your post and thought you were looking for Carrow Road. Working on locations at both preston and bolton - hopefully will have something in place for when you head up .OTBC

Feels almost like the internet has sent me a flunkey here. A pint of the finest please and some pie and chips.

Thanks to ICF for storing my bag in his car at the Preston game and resssurring me it would get through the gate at Bolton which is did. Imagine it, the security man didn't want to search my bag too much after I said there was dirty socks etc in there. A tip there for all you budding anarchists wanting to hide your flares  etc.

Impressed with Preston who pressed us a lot harder than Bolton ever came near to doing and took full advantage of our complacency to get the 3 points. We just had no luck once we woke up, but deserved the kick up the backside. Bolton(Match title to be called "Bolton had no Bovril" after which the fact they had none to sell me). Sublime play from Norwich and the best I'd ever seen them. Awesome to see a pretty amazing Pukki goal at the away end as well. I always like a lobbed ball goal.

Oh. Let Pukki take the penalties.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad you got sorted for this buddy and got to see a  superb display yday. Ive got a mate who lives in Stockport (from London so a spurs fan) so Im still up North as i crashed at his last night. I was extolling the virtues of the football we play under Farke before i left for the game... he watched the highlights and his response was pretty much blown away by the football we are playing. Couldnt believe we were playing it in the Champs and making it work. His direct quote was 'beautiful football, unreal'. Which kind of says it all really. Think he thought i was exaggerating when i was purring about how good it is pre-game.

• Like 1